• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 1:46 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 21, 2005
311 posts
192 upvotes
North York, ON
Winkle wrote: Was really hoping EB would do a trade in any PS4 and get Pro for $200 deal again but nope, no Pro deals at all whatsoever, wallet totally safe then.
Saw this on page 3 and was wondering why you said that.

Then I looked in the header and saw the sale dates were March 9-18. I reloaded the page and then it went away. Looks like they had a glitch in their links, haha.
Jul 21, 2009
107 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
chemicalxv wrote: None of these warranties are ever worth buying unless it's Costco.

This is the main reason I keep telling people that want this bundle to go as early as possible. We really don't know what the stock is like, so don't take that chance.
Can you explain the warranty comment please? So far, the warranty thing is what's driving my decision on where to buy the PS4
Mar 14, 2012
334 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
albogino wrote: Can you explain the warranty comment please? So far, the warranty thing is what's driving my decision on where to buy the PS4
Costco's $30 / 5 year warranty for electronics under $500? $60 / 5 year for electronics above $499?
Nov 12, 2018
5 posts
3 upvotes
Does the sale start online at midnight the night before it releases in store?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2720 posts
2315 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
albogino wrote: Can you explain the warranty comment please? So far, the warranty thing is what's driving my decision on where to buy the PS4
I have never seen anyone recommend buying an extended warranty from EB/Best Buy/etc, only to avoid them. Costco is the only place I see people doing it (especially on here, you see it in all the TV threads).
Jun 14, 2008
59 posts
15 upvotes
Brockville, ON
Does anyone know if anyone is doing the 12 month Playstation Plus $49.99 deal other than buying it from the Playstation Store?
Aug 10, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
hitman82 wrote: Does anyone know if anyone is doing the 12 month Playstation Plus $49.99 deal other than buying it from the Playstation Store?
Newegg.ca has PS Plus 12 month on right now for $49.99. No tax/shipping, sent straight to email. Just got my code.
Aug 10, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
ShawnT62364 wrote: Does the sale start online at midnight the night before it releases in store?
I would like to know this as well. Called the stores and they open Friday at 7 am BUT the sale starts THURSDAY. They open 10 am on Thursday but wondering if they will be available online at midnight.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
1906 posts
1443 upvotes
GTA
TURNIPtheBEET wrote: Hmm 79.99 if I trade in my ps4. That's tempting. I have the same console but have a ton of hours logged on it.

I dont have spiderman so for 79.99 I would get spiderman and a new controller and a new console?

Im going to be buying spiderman this week anyway because it's on sale so for ane extra $30 I get a new controller and new console. Kind of seems like a no brainer. Am I missing something?
The fact that there is very limited stock for this bundle and lots of other people wanting to do this deal or just buy it for $260 without a trade. I think there will be a lot of disappointed people that wipe their PS4s and can't do the trade because it's sold out.
Jul 21, 2009
107 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
The spiderman ps4 bundle will be on sale on Thursday. Stores open at 9 am. Confirmed this with a BB sales rep, so if there's nothing left at EB Games, there's the other option.
Nov 5, 2018
46 posts
21 upvotes
My plan is to hit BB on thursday at 9am
if for some reason thy lack the ps4 bundle hit ebgames at 9:30
Oct 3, 2006
335 posts
11 upvotes
I think i'll get to EB @ 10 when they open thursday just to be safe for the spiderman console trade in dealeo. (i'd get there 30 minutes earlier to line up but my EB's in a mall)
Feb 24, 2018
273 posts
134 upvotes
They have 35% off if you buy 4 used games and 25% off if you buy 3 used. Still not really worth it though cos their markup on used games is fairly high.
Jun 22, 2015
298 posts
151 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So the Xbox One X trade in is "as low as" $329, its pretty much guaranteed that will not be a bundle console yea? The offer the other month that had the the Xbox One X for $299 was a whole lot better then...
Im mad I missed the trade in for $299 a while ago.
Dec 2, 2013
159 posts
125 upvotes
Edmonton
What is the chance that the PS4 bundle deal will sell out on Thursday? I hope they put the deal online at midnight but I want to be sure.