Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4330 posts
4099 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

[EB Games] Buy 1, Get 2 Free all Playd PS3/360 games

May 7th (Tuesday, tomorrow) only.

Typical spiel
In store only! Cannot be combined with any other offers including EDGE. Discount will apply to least expensive game. Selection may vary by store. Offer subject to change at any time. No substitutions will be made. While Supplies last. Cannot be combined with Employee Discount.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3085 posts
3041 upvotes
GTA
It was pretty picked over the first time that they had this and since they don't accept trades anymore the selection won't be great at most locations.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3584 posts
5613 upvotes
Kitchener
:( I don't know why they are clearing these out?
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3080 10gb, GTX 1070 8gb, 64GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1070 8gb, 32GB RAM
Homework PC: i5 8400, GTX 960 2gb, 32GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64GB
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4330 posts
4099 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
NowJoJo wrote: :( I don't know why they are clearing these out?
Because the next gen is imminent so they don't want decade-old last-gen games anymore
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3726 posts
3847 upvotes
Ottawa
Hold on til Canada Day. $1.52 games incoming once again.

Of course by then the selection will be absolutely horrible, but I can't even play last gen games in 720p anymore.
Tampa Bay Lightning2020 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
The Last of Us Part II - Game of the Year 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 - Game of the Year 2021 - calling it now.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1110 posts
979 upvotes
They might be worth something in a few years, but I dunno, I always feel like EB is like this place where they swindle people, like this guy here for his HP watch! But at least he has the funds to start his business! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Mar 26, 2008
452 posts
175 upvotes
thx will pick up some games. might make an old ps3 more re-sellable if it includes some games
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3085 posts
3041 upvotes
GTA
danron1376 wrote: thx will pick up some games. might make an old ps3 more re-sellable if it includes some games
You won't be getting them really cheap, most games are $15.
Dec 9, 2015
165 posts
256 upvotes
Important note: EB Games computer systems are designed to overcharge you on this deal. Only buy 3 at a time, or they will charge you for only the most expensive titles. If you buy three at $15 and six at $5, they will charge you $45.
Jun 28, 2009
956 posts
529 upvotes
Ter350056 wrote: Important note: EB Games computer systems are designed to overcharge you on this deal. Only buy 3 at a time, or they will charge you for only the most expensive titles. If you buy three at $15 and six at $5, they will charge you $45.
as it should... why would they charge you the lowest price and give you the 2 more expensive for free?
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3085 posts
3041 upvotes
GTA
Ter350056 wrote: Important note: EB Games computer systems are designed to overcharge you on this deal. Only buy 3 at a time, or they will charge you for only the most expensive titles. If you buy three at $15 and six at $5, they will charge you $45.
It's not overcharging you always pay for the most expensive and get the cheaper ones for free no matter how many you buy. Everywhere does this not just EB Games. You either do separate transactions or at some stores they can override it manually.
Jul 4, 2018
532 posts
439 upvotes
Cant believe ebgames still selling these older gen games for $15 each without the promo. Isnt better to go Kijiji route for oldies like this?
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1402 posts
247 upvotes
This is not true. I made a purchase today and they ring them up in groups of three. Three $13 games and three $5 games came to $19.78.

They were organized by the sales clerk into similarly priced piles of three prior to him ringing it in.
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
Dec 9, 2015
165 posts
256 upvotes
tew wrote: It's not overcharging you always pay for the most expensive and get the cheaper ones for free no matter how many you buy. Everywhere does this not just EB Games. You either do separate transactions or at some stores they can override it manually.
Other places do that. Most places actually don't. I worked in two places that didn't need a manual check to do it right. If you check the website for EB and see their flyer; they actually use small print, to get around this, that's different from most stores. They're allowed to do it, but it's still overcharging. If all places did this, it would continue to be overcharging.
jceezy23 wrote: as it should... why would they charge you the lowest price and give you the 2 more expensive for free?
You may need to re-read my post. They should not do the thing you said.
Fanboy wrote: This is not true. I made a purchase today and they ring them up in groups of three. Three $13 games and three $5 games came to $19.78.

They were organized by the sales clerk into similarly priced piles of three prior to him ringing it in.
I have the receipt for the purchase where this happened still. It's true. The guy actually went into a bit about how "the systems can't handle organizing them like that and it just breaks down.". It was bull, but he was nice enough so I didn't make things difficult for him. The items are ordered in two sets of three. First 3 at $15, and the next 3 at $8 and under.
Nov 9, 2013
761 posts
835 upvotes
Barrie
Grabbed the last copy of Dark Souls at both my locations for 19.99 (not original case ☹️ ). My free ones were Borderlands Pre Sequel ($14.99) and Wolf Among Us ($9.99). I know, I didn't maximize the value, but I heard good things about WAU and want to get back into Borderlands before the new comes.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34958 posts
4261 upvotes
Winnipeg
Unresphek wrote: Cant believe ebgames still selling these older gen games for $15 each without the promo. Isnt better to go Kijiji route for oldies like this?
local pawn shops have them at 4 for $10. you can browse many stacks instead of hunting down one by one, well it is another option, not saying kijiji is not the way to go, i bought games off kijiji before.
Temp. Banned
Nov 22, 2013
2174 posts
1299 upvotes
Sarnia
tew wrote: You won't be getting them really cheap, most games are $15.
At the stores I go to that really is pretty much the case now. 99.9% the case but you are getting 3 games and when they last did this I was able to use my discount for Platinum so $5 per game or so isn't horrid if you can find the titles you want.