[EB Games] Buy Nintendo Switch Console Get $30 Gift Card

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 7:37 pm
[OP]
Aug 21, 2019
13 posts
30 upvotes

[EB Games] Buy Nintendo Switch Console Get $30 Gift Card

Just noticed it last night EB games is offering $30 gift card for a purchase of the new Nintendo Switch console.
The sale ends on Aug 25th, The gift card will be sent to your email at the end of the month.

it's not a whole lot of discount but it's not bad if you usually make purchases in EB Games.
Images
  • ddf0b39b-5a58-4e15-94e7-7b665ada6610.jpg
35 replies
Aug 24, 2016
180 posts
230 upvotes
Decent deal, the gift card can be used for a year's worth of Nintendo Switch Online.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1302 posts
390 upvotes
Is that the best deal for the switch thats going on now, not counting whatever ridiculous stuff shoppers offers with their point stuff(never got into any of the stuff, and doubt id want to jump through those hoops for just 1 purchase)
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4775 posts
954 upvotes
London
Is this online only or in-store too?
[OP]
Aug 21, 2019
13 posts
30 upvotes
Scott86 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 11:50 am
Is that the best deal for the switch thats going on now, not counting whatever ridiculous stuff shoppers offers with their point stuff(never got into any of the stuff, and doubt id want to jump through those hoops for just 1 purchase)
it's the only one i have seen so far considering the new/updraded console was just recently released.
[OP]
Aug 21, 2019
13 posts
30 upvotes
spham wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 11:56 am
Is this online only or in-store too?
didn't see any restriction to be online-only, i suppose you could get the same deal in-store.
or just show the staff this deal page lol
May 29, 2015
112 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Shoppera drug mart is also running a similar deal (at least in Ontario) with shoppers gift card. Ends tomorrow.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
5983 posts
2025 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Scott86 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 11:50 am
There's not much hoop to jump over. I think a lot of people are making it more complicated to shop at Shoppers Drug Mart because they want to maximize their point return.

Either you go on a 20% off Friends and Family day to get 20% off your Switch (in the case of $400 you could get it for $320) and accumulate the regular point rate on your purchase
or
You get a new card and I think you still get 20x points on first purchase (or if you have a card wait for a 20x points) and then go buy the switch to get the base point x 20 so you end up with a load of points to spend later :)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1526 posts
317 upvotes
nounou23 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 2:57 pm
There's not much hoop to jump over. I think a lot of people are making it more complicated to shop at Shoppers Drug Mart because they want to maximize their point return.

Either you go on a 20% off Friends and Family day to get 20% off your Switch (in the case of $400 you could get it for $320) and accumulate the regular point rate on your purchase
or
You get a new card and I think you still get 20x points on first purchase (or if you have a card wait for a 20x points) and then go buy the switch to get the base point x 20 so you end up with a load of points to spend later :)
last BF, they had it for like 379$ with 125 or 150$gc so i'm hoping something like that will come up this year too.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8068 posts
1510 upvotes
Toronto
nounou23 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 2:57 pm

or
You forgot the extra first step of buying $400 in SDM giftcards to earn another set of points, and then using those GC to buy the Switch.
Mar 15, 2010
728 posts
999 upvotes
Toronto
I have such a love/hate relationship with Nintendo. They NEVER drop the price of their systems or takes forever. Game prices never drop as well, only a few make it to selects $30 range. It’s way too expensive to get into. Like how is mario odyssey still $80 + taxes. Id love to get a switch for portable gaming, but its just way too much $$$ for what you get out of it. For now I will have to stick with my Xbox One X, Ps4 Slim, Wii U combo.
Dec 8, 2009
322 posts
87 upvotes
Edmonton
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 3:47 pm
I have such a love/hate relationship with Nintendo. They NEVER drop the price of their systems or takes forever. Game prices never drop as well, only a few make it to selects $30 range. It’s way too expensive to get into. Like how is mario odyssey still $80 + taxes. Id love to get a switch for portable gaming, but its just way too much $$$ for what you get out of it. For now I will have to stick with my Xbox One X, Ps4 Slim, Wii U combo.
I agree it sucks. How I get around the problem though is I buy a game like Mario Odyssey during the E3 sales for say $65, play the crap out of it, then sell it a year later for the same I paid. I've done this with 8 switch games so far and I've actually made about $10 lol. I suppose this only works for games that are highly sought after and never go on sale such as BOTW, smash bros, etc.
Feb 18, 2018
395 posts
579 upvotes
Remember there is now a new version of the switch out that was a stealth launch get a all red box design vs the white. Much better battery life
[OP]
Aug 21, 2019
13 posts
30 upvotes
Aselwyn1 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 6:45 pm
Remember there is now a new version of the switch out that was a stealth launch get a all red box design vs the white. Much better battery life
Yeah i think this deal is actually only for the new version of nintendo switch with the all red box desgin.
Mar 27, 2012
28 posts
11 upvotes
Just throwing this out there....Shoppers (for the people who are willing to jump through minimal hoops) has an app promo (ymmv) for 10,000 pts for every $30 spent starting friday. Sooo buying a Switch will net you 130,000 points which imo is better than a 30 buck gc. And yes they have the new switch advertised in their latest flyer.