PC & Video Games

Console Trade-In Values Offer

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 9:16 pm
Apr 25, 2010
206 posts
138 upvotes
mkm999 wrote: If you guys are done sh*ting on eb games. I got some good news.

I traded my PS4 PRO and got $287.50 with my ONYX card (15% bump up)

I feel its a quick transaction trading at EB (even if the value isnt that great) but its better then dealing with lowballers on Kijiji that waste a of time.

Also i would recommend to make sure put the credit on your EDGE CARD and not on a GIFT CARD.

Because the credit will be taken off the actual price... so in my case it bring the price down from $599 - ($287.50) = $312.49 before taxes

$353.11 grand total

That's pretty good rather then paying $677.98 for the original price with taxes

Are you sure about the tax benefit with this method? I've always been under the impression that you have to put the credit toward a preoder (whether you buy that particular game or transfer it). I'm pretty sure putting credit on an edge card is the same as a gift card i.e. paying tax on the full amount.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2443 posts
2609 upvotes
GTA
Is it a Hot Deal? Well, it's all about perspective.
These TIV's worked out well for my friend who just purchased a PS4 Pro off Kijiji. He haggled someone down to $300 with controller, cables and a game. When messaging sellers he made sure to mention what EB's TIV was for the Pro because the fact is, now is the time certain people want cash up front for Next Gen preorders. If you want used and aren't afraid to haggle, these TIV's are great.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1344 posts
654 upvotes
Scarborough
astrotrain wrote: I paid $200 this past Christmas for PS4 slim 1T, so getting same back would be nice but how much is the PS5 going for in Dec, $1K?? lol Moreover all the games I have are digital versions so is PS5 backwards compatible, just need to redown them from PSN? sorry, not kept up with any news on the PS5..
We don't have any confirmed prices for the PS5 as of yet. There is a big Sony PS5 event being held this Wednesday September 16, so people are highly anticipating prices/release date. I'm anticipating it to be anywhere from $600-800 CAD. In the case it sells out expect it to be like 1k+ from resellers.

Yes to backwards compatibility.
Aug 26, 2019
132 posts
250 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: Is it a Hot Deal? Well, it's all about perspective.
These TIV's worked out well for my friend who just purchased a PS4 Pro off Kijiji. He haggled someone down to $300 with controller, cables and a game. When messaging sellers he made sure to mention what EB's TIV was for the Pro because the fact is, now is the time certain people want cash up front for Next Gen preorders. If you want used and aren't afraid to haggle, these TIV's are great.
People like your friend are the reason many people don't sell on kijiji/Craigslist anymore. The last guy who referenced ebgames' trade in value, I told him to go to ebgames and try buying it from them for that price.
Mar 15, 2010
930 posts
1320 upvotes
Toronto
I guarantee there will be some better trade promo for these systems, especially Microsoft. Maybe not at the beginning as Sony and Microsoft try and guage sales revenue, but once things slow down after a few months there will be a better promo. Funny I have an Xbox One X and a Ps4 1tb Slim, and it’s laughable theyre offeribg more for the slim. All crossplay games I play on my one X and they are gorgeous on my 4k tv. $200 is an insult. $230 for my slim i may do though, considering i bought in 2017 on BF from Walmart for $210 (after i sold the included NHL game that came with it).
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3300 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto

I feel its a quick transaction trading at EB (even if the value isnt that great) but its better then dealing with lowballers on Kijiji that waste a of time.

Also i would recommend to make sure put the credit on your EDGE CARD and not on a GIFT CARD.

Because the credit will be taken off the actual price... so in my case it bring the price down from $599 - ($287.50) = $312.49 before taxes

$353.11 grand total

The bolded part is no longer true as of two years ago. Anytime you trade and put it on an edge card or giftcard you lose the tax free status.

So unfortunately since you put it on an edge card you will still have to pay $599.99+ tax - 287.50

Now the only way to retain tax free status is to put the credit on a pre-order of a game or preferably the console when it's available.
Nov 5, 2007
230 posts
64 upvotes
PS4 500GB - $150 trade credit
XB1 500GB - $100 trade credit
For someone who owns the orig xb1, even if I listed on Craiglist, who's gonna buy when everyone is likely to go for xb1s / xb1x, or how much time do I have to keep this listing up just to get like.. an extra $20 (if even)? I might just unload the xb1 for $100, or maybe even donate for charity
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5891 posts
376 upvotes
Calgary

$353.11 grand total

hey that's a pretty decent deal i may go for.. right now it's really hard to sell a ps4 pro (in calgary).

how much extra is the onyx again?
Oct 30, 2019
100 posts
215 upvotes
I traded my ps4 slim in today, couldnt get anyone to bite on kijiji or craigslist, IMO take the 20 - 40 hit vs online and move on
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1478 posts
949 upvotes

$353.11 grand total

can you elaborate on onyx card? what is that? do i need to pay for it?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1478 posts
949 upvotes

$353.11 grand total

nvm searched about onyx; you either work at eb games or spent millions there
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3942 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
JIB9022 wrote: nvm searched about onyx; you either work at eb games or spent millions there
max you can buy is Platinum ... i forgot the bump up % though.. 10% ?
Aug 27, 2011
171 posts
243 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
I still have my PS3, Wii, 3D0, Nintendo 64... wonder how much those are worth now...hahahaha... and also a gameboy!
Oct 11, 2012
163 posts
94 upvotes
derweissewolf wrote: People like your friend are the reason many people don't sell on kijiji/Craigslist anymore. The last guy who referenced ebgames' trade in value, I told him to go to ebgames and try buying it from them for that price.
Yep, I recently sold a PS4 Pro in Kijiji for $395.00 (hardly used, in new condition with receipt for warranty). I had two people that inelegantly mentioned that they could get new for a similar price - I thanked them for their interest and then promptly blocked them.
Aug 24, 2016
60 posts
21 upvotes
What are the chances EB Games goes bankrupt by the time the financing is up in 2 years for the Series S/X?