PC & Video Games

Console Trade-In Values Offer

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 4:31 pm
Jan 17, 2017
142 posts
200 upvotes
I'd rather keep the console than throw it away to EB Games. PS5 doesn't have guaranteed backwards compatability for all PS4 games and even then you don't know if they'd run better or worse. Plus going for 3 months with no console while waiting for the new one you might not even get because pre-orders will be sold out the minute they are released online? No thanks.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1991 posts
1677 upvotes
Personally Ps5 will be first console I won't buy at launch..
I just don't see why rush. I don't see any must play launch titles.

If not all games are guaranteed ps4 backwards then why bother
Nov 30, 2019
175 posts
198 upvotes
Those are laughable prices

Especially the Xbox one X. Good lord.

Should add, this is a hot deals forum
Sep 18, 2017
561 posts
766 upvotes
Vancouver
xmat128x wrote: What happens to store credit if the company goes belly up? I still have an edge card with like 90 bucks from 10 years ago, thinking of spending it on an Xbox Series X/S controller for my PC but I'd prefer not to.
The second EB Games/Gamespot announces bankruptcy then all your store credit is gone. You're technically a creditor, but there are significantly higher and more 'important' creditors that'll get their share of whatever is left leaving you with nothing.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1225 posts
1497 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
EB circling the drain as always. If anyone has saved up PCO Points, and can find stock, that will be a good time to get our next gen consoles (hoping for a Mega Redemption event around BF).
dino7c wrote: Xbox One X was recently being sold for $279 new...its a great system but not surprised by the TIV

Funny this is that in many ways its more powerful than the Series S
Def not more powerful than Series S, the One X can output 4K, that is it's only pro over the Series S (due to RAM to push 4K assets).

Don't really wanna get into it but long story short: Series S with the incredibly better CPU, an SSD, and better GPU (despite being a lower TFLOP # as it's different architecture) is a vast improvement over the One X.
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote:
On what planet was it being sold for $279 new? LOL! Want proof!
I actually got mine from that RFD thread where the Brick was clearing them out for $249 lol 🤷🏻‍♂️
Last edited by ChippewaBarr on Sep 13th, 2020 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4476 posts
3050 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
DarkReaper wrote: Assuming people are making the jump to the PS5/Xbox Series, hasn't EBGames historically offered bonus TIVs shortly before the release of a new console?
I think when PS4 came out, EB Games offered $200 for ps3 trade in with bonus $100 gift card.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Oct 30, 2019
100 posts
213 upvotes
kaiseki wrote: The second EB Games/Gamespot announces bankruptcy then all your store credit is gone. You're technically a creditor, but there are significantly higher and more 'important' creditors that'll get their share of whatever is left leaving you with nothing.
gamestop has 735m of cash reserves as of aug 1, 2020 with a market cap of 400m, not going bankrupt anytime soon but they will have to change their business model to digital and not be like blockbuster
Dec 26, 2012
138 posts
177 upvotes
Okay so, PS4 Pro price is $499, cheaper on sale, so I'm curious how is getting $250 for a used jet-engine sounding PS4 Pro that I've had for many years, with much dust inside a rip-off? Not to mention, the value of PS4s is going down since release of PS5 is in 2 months and a lot of people are selling theirs, and I'm gonna want to keep the games I have for PS5 anyway since its backwards compatible.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8610 posts
4976 upvotes
Toronto
bg8055 wrote: gamestop has 735m of cash reserves as of aug 1, 2020 with a market cap of 400m, not going bankrupt anytime soon but they will have to change their business model to digital and not be like blockbuster
They've already changed to be predominantly merchandise / toys, not sure how successful it'll be but that's the direction they're headed in.
Nov 8, 2013
58 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
dino7c wrote: Earth, it was $279 in the US

$299 in Canada with a game
eb-games-xbox-one-x-fallout-76-white-sy ... 9-2349236/
Microsoft had the same deal at this time I know because I bought one
Today, it looks like a very good deal. Assuming that new "cheap" XBSS is less powerful then XB1X and will run old XB1 games with the XB1S game profile even enhanced ones for XB1X. Also the higher MSRP and no BD-drive. Nobody could expect it from MS.
Oct 23, 2010
21 posts
13 upvotes
montreal
JIB9022 wrote: nvm searched about onyx; you either work at eb games or spent millions there
Not realy. I have had onyx for past 3 years , mainly due to trade ins (trade in 3 used games for a new game)( and they were all used games that I paid 10$-20$ for). Besides that I have not realy had to spend any additional $.
Jul 13, 2011
432 posts
164 upvotes
Ottawa
RobinW51044 wrote: XB1 X for $200? I would buy one now .... Lol what a joke
Do people really expect a retailer/resellers to buy items at FULL market value only so they can resell them and make zero or possibly negative profit as the market value continues to decline?
Oct 23, 2010
21 posts
13 upvotes
montreal
ertmanius wrote: Do people really expect a retailer/resellers to buy items at FULL market value only so they can resell them and make zero or possibly negative profit as the market value continues to decline?
I completely aggree. I don't understand how 90% of ppl here don't realize that at the end of the day they are still a business in the business of making a profit. That being said, I think their TIV are reasonable. Ironic that the ppl complaining about their TIVs (and not helping support EB) are the same ones talking about how Eb is going bankrupt.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2465 posts
2093 upvotes
GTA
$220 for the PS4 SLIM 1TB is very good. This version sold for $250-$260 with a game on BF for a few of years. I got one without a game for $230 three or four years ago.