PC & Video Games

Console Trade-In Values Offer

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2020 9:16 pm
Aug 12, 2010
660 posts
468 upvotes
actng wrote: how much for my Dreamcast
hey I got 2 myself when they were $15 on sell off at EB games...do they offer volume trade ins
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
May 6, 2020
157 posts
134 upvotes
ertmanius wrote: Do people really expect a retailer/resellers to buy items at FULL market value only so they can resell them and make zero or possibly negative profit as the market value continues to decline?
I don't expect them to buy the item at FULL market value. No business would do that. I'm just simply saying as for your own porfit, this is a not a deal, would you sell your console to them where you can easily get more from market place? Unless you are like the guy mentioning like helping them.... Lol
Dec 15, 2013
997 posts
371 upvotes
North of Toronto
mkm999 wrote: If you guys are done sh*ting on eb games. I got some good news.

I traded my PS4 PRO and got $287.50 with my ONYX card (15% bump up)

I feel its a quick transaction trading at EB (even if the value isnt that great) but its better then dealing with lowballers on Kijiji that waste a of time.

Also i would recommend to make sure put the credit on your EDGE CARD and not on a GIFT CARD.

Because the credit will be taken off the actual price... so in my case it bring the price down from $599 - ($287.50) = $312.49 before taxes

$353.11 grand total

That's pretty good rather then paying $677.98 for the original price with taxes
Except you neglected to factor in what it takes to get Onyx. Which is ridiculous.

Selling on FB Marketplace, Kijiji or here on RFD is a far better deal. Never had issues with those sites.

EBGames gives convenience at quite the $$$$.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8558 posts
2953 upvotes
You can reach Onyx level with about $800 worth of purchases. Easy to do if you are buying consoles.

I maintained the Onyx level by buying a couple of Animal Crossing New Horizons Limited Edition Nintendo Switches,
and a white XBox One X console they were clearing out for $279.

With Kijiji you run the risk of running into strange people that may want to enter your home to test the console,
lowballers, no shows, or people wasting your time.
GhostBusters wrote: Except you neglected to factor in what it takes to get Onyx. Which is ridiculous.

Selling on FB Marketplace, Kijiji or here on RFD is a far better deal. Never had issues with those sites.

EBGames gives convenience at quite the $$$$.
Dec 15, 2013
997 posts
371 upvotes
North of Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: You can reach Onyx level with about $800 worth of purchases. Easy to do if you are buying consoles.

I maintained the Onyx level by buying a couple of Animal Crossing New Horizons Limited Edition Nintendo Switches,
and a white XBox One X console they were clearing out for $279.

With Kijiji you run the risk of running into strange people that may want to enter your home to test the console,
lowballers, no shows, or people wasting your time.
I never meet at a residence. Always at a neutral location like a McDonalds, Tim Hortons or outside a police station.

I also meet close to my residence. Less than 2 mins. I don’t leave til they are there.

I rather make $$$ then give it away to ebgames. Which is essentially the point of RFD. More money in your pocket.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3300 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
mkm999 wrote: Hey so, once the preorders up for Ps5, and I were put the $287 credit towards that. would that subtract from the price or no?

If it works out i would have to pay $599.99 - (minus credit $287) = $312.99 plus taxes $352.50

If not worst case scenario I would have to pay ($599.99 + tax = 677.98) minus credit $287 = $389.80

I still think it’s worth going with this deal because getting a PS5 Day 1 under $400 is a hot deal imo
Yea it's the second one that I bolded.

In the future you can just put the money on some games or collector's edition and you should retain your tax free status.

You're going to hold on to the money to use towards ps5 anyways so if it's at the store and saving you tax it's worth it.

I normally preorder a few $79.99 games and then when the ps5 will be come available just switch them all over
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1309 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
ChippewaBarr wrote: I actually got mine from that RFD thread where the Brick was clearing them out for $249 lol 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh damn you got one of the few? I forgot about that mention before. Grats!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1309 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
dino7c wrote: Earth, it was $279 in the US

$299 in Canada with a game
eb-games-xbox-one-x-fallout-76-white-sy ... 9-2349236/
Microsoft had the same deal at this time I know because I bought one
Heard of the one someone mentioned with The Brick but never this one and again had to be small volume and a small time window to get it and even a mistake in pricing on MS's part .. but grats on getting it for that.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1309 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
I forget but is it not true you can use the store credit towards prepaid ccs? PS: From what I am hearing of the specs and what the cheaper new MS console is to do I have to laugh at it. Big deal ... 60 FPS guaranteed at 1080p and supporting 1440p at high FPS too. Don't see the reason to upgrade to that.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2443 posts
2609 upvotes
GTA
derweissewolf wrote: People like your friend are the reason many people don't sell on kijiji/Craigslist anymore. The last guy who referenced ebgames' trade in value, I told him to go to ebgames and try buying it from them for that price.
No, people like him are the reason scammers flock to Kijiji.
Turns out it sounds like a jet engine and the guy swapped the stock 1TB for a 500GB, which he also said was an SSD but turns out is mechanical. Now it makes sense that the seller dropped the price without flinching.
Gotta love Kijiji!
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2041 posts
2629 upvotes
Windsor

Just for comparisonSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Nov 24, 2015
969 posts
678 upvotes
Durham Region
GhostBusters wrote: I never meet at a residence. Always at a neutral location like a McDonalds, Tim Hortons or outside a police station.

I also meet close to my residence. Less than 2 mins. I don’t leave til they are there.

I rather make $$$ then give it away to ebgames. Which is essentially the point of RFD. More money in your pocket.
I do the same for most things I sell, don’t really want people coming to my house these days anyway

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)