PC & Video Games

Console Trade-In Values Offer

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2020 7:42 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8534 posts
2932 upvotes
EB games is offering this according to their website: from Sept. 17 - Oct 1st.
According to the fine print, there is no EDGE bonus % this time around. Better for non-card owners
but worse for people that have an Onyx Membership.

https://www.ebgames.ca/playdoffers/Index

Get up to $270 trade credit when you trade select consoles towards the preorder of the PS5
$270 - Pro PS4(1TB), Nintendo Switch
$235 - PS4 Slim (1TB), Xbox One X
$215 - PS4 Slim (500GB)
$150 - Xbox One S (500GB, 1TB,2TB), PS4 (500GB), Nintendo Switch Lite
$115 - Xbox One (500GB,1TB)
mkm999 wrote: Get up to $270 trade credit when you trade select consoles towards the preorder of the PS5

PS1020-PlaydConsolesGenericPlaydOfferSpot-SONY-PS5.jpg
Jan 24, 2010
311 posts
299 upvotes
Canada
XFactor11 wrote: EB games is offering this according to their website: from Sept. 17 - Oct 1st.
According to the fine print, there is no EDGE bonus % this time around. Better for non-card owners

Get up to $270 trade credit when you trade select consoles towards the preorder of the PS5
$235 - PS4 Slim (1TB), Xbox One X
$215 - PS4 Slim (500GB)
$150 - Xbox One S (500GB, 1TB,2TB), PS4 (500GB), Nintendo Switch Lite
$115 - Xbox One (500GB,1TB)
where does it state there is no EDGE Bump up? I must be blind caz i dont see it

Edit: Just found it

Offer is only valid when trading towards the Preorder of PS5. While preorder quantities last. Cannot be combined with other Trade offers including EDGE. Trade must be in full working condition. Altered consoles will not be accepted for trade. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time. No substitutions will be made. No rainchecks
Last edited by mkm999 on Sep 16th, 2020 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5879 posts
372 upvotes
Calgary
This one is better for me since i don't have onyx anymore. I'm going to try this with my pro tomorrow morning...I'll update if i can snag one id just rather sell this way due to covid...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4477 posts
1616 upvotes
Ajax
markj wrote: This one is better for me since i don't have onyx anymore. I'm going to try this with my pro tomorrow morning...I'll update if i can snag one id just rather sell this way due to covid...
Get there by 6am. Might already be sold out as West Coast EB stores were taking pre-orders before close.
Nov 24, 2015
957 posts
664 upvotes
Durham Region
XFactor11 wrote: EB games is offering this according to their website: from Sept. 17 - Oct 1st.

So this is approx equivalent of getting $305 selling a PS4 pro privately with the trade in tax savings (Ontario)

Shitty thing is being without a PS4 for 2 months while waiting for ps5 release

Shoppers (doubt they would have it at launch) with 20x pts event would cost $218 after factoring in $188 in points, and again assuming you would be able to sell a pro for $305 privately
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1423 posts
618 upvotes
BC
I wonder if they will extend this for the series X/S for next weeks pre orders...
Nov 19, 2017
850 posts
1921 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone confirm if they got the Edge bump or not with the latest trade promo?

I know it says it wont get an extra bump, but theres been many instances in the past where it would still give you the Edge bump even if it said no.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4477 posts
1616 upvotes
Ajax
gundamwingZero wrote: I wonder if they will extend this for the series X/S for next weeks pre orders...
Perhaps but only valuable to the half dozen people that are able to acquire one in person.
May 4, 2017
31 posts
9 upvotes
networksend wrote: So this is approx equivalent of getting $305 selling a PS4 pro privately with the trade in tax savings (Ontario)

Shitty thing is being without a PS4 for 2 months while waiting for ps5 release

Shoppers (doubt they would have it at launch) with 20x pts event would cost $218 after factoring in $188 in points, and again assuming you would be able to sell a pro for $305 privately
That’s why I might wait don’t want to go 2 months without. I wonder what type of promo they will be offering if any. Maybe I just go with private sale instead but COVID.
Nov 19, 2017
850 posts
1921 upvotes
Toronto
Promo is off the website, but its still running unadvertised in stores as long as you have a PS5 preorder.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8534 posts
2932 upvotes
Without a PS5 pre-order PS4 Pro, only trades in for $225, with the promo it is $270.
If you apply it to a pre-order your savings are actually $270 + tax. If you put it on a gift card it is only $270 without tax.

https://www.ebgames.ca/tradevalues
for values without any promotions applied
OVOSound wrote: Promo is off the website, but its still running unadvertised in stores as long as you have a PS5 preorder.
But who knows, for those that pre-ordered in stores,
in two months there may be another lockdown and physical stores are closed down again due to COVID.

Nov 19, 2017
850 posts
1921 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: Without a PS5 pre-order PS4 Pro, only trades in for $225, with the promo it is $270.
If you apply it to a pre-order your savings are actually $270 + tax. If you put it on a gift card it is only $270 without tax.

https://www.ebgames.ca/tradevalues
for values without any promotions applied

But who knows, for those that pre-ordered in stores,
in two months there may be another lockdown and physical stores are closed down again due to COVID.

Yeah thats true. I know about the tax savings, so I traded a spare PS4 Slim 1TB today that I had towards my preorder that I made on Thursday. Got $235 for it, which seems to me, will be as good as it gets from here on out. With Black Friday coming soon, they're definitely going to be clearing the PS4 Slims for $200 or maybe even less.
Mar 17, 2006
685 posts
144 upvotes
Markham
Is it too late to pre-order a PS5 from EBgames for me?

I have an Xbox One S and PS4 Pro I can trade in, towards the purchase of a PS5. But I don't know if I can even pre-order it now. I don't mind not getting it on day one.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5879 posts
372 upvotes
Calgary
managed to do my ps4 pro trade today for ps5...the eb games i picked (market mall) was very civilized and handed out tickets to everyone in line at 9:30 am good for preordering anytime today so no one had to wait after that. very impressed!! glad to have traded in my pro since its extremely hard to sell locally or on ebay now.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2393 posts
2515 upvotes
GTA
markj wrote: managed to do my ps4 pro trade today for ps5...the eb games i picked (market mall) was very civilized and handed out tickets to everyone in line at 9:30 am good for preordering anytime today so no one had to wait after that. very impressed!! glad to have traded in my pro since its extremely hard to sell locally or on ebay now.
Are people really not buying used Pro's now, or you just mean you are being lowballed for it? My friend bought a Pro off Kijiji about a week before the launch, he paid $300 with one controller and game.
c'mon get happy!