• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2020 4:58 pm
[OP]
Nov 19, 2017
998 posts
2172 upvotes
Toronto

[EB Games] Double Edge Discount (10/20/30% off) on PLAYD Games and Accessories

EB Games has double edge discount on all Playd (used) games and accessories this weekend from January 18th to January 20th.

Gold Card Members get 10% Off
Platinum Card Members get 20% Off
Onyx Card Members get 30% Off

To my surprise, I was able to get a used copy of New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe for the Switch for $46.20 + Tax with my Onyx card which is solid considering the game just released last week.
IMG_2018.jpg
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4584 posts
1942 upvotes
where'd you get that? at baymac location in richmond hill?

i edge guaranteed that game just yesterday haha
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3327 posts
701 upvotes
Toronto
OVOSound wrote: EB Games has double edge discount on all Playd (used) games and accessories this weekend from January 18th to January 20th.

To my surprise, I was able to get a used copy of New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe for the Switch for $46.20 + Tax with my Onyx card which is solid considering the game just released last week.

IMG_2018.jpg
Damn that's crazy lucky, I want to buy a few games but no stock
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2045 posts
1867 upvotes
Whitby
OVOSound wrote: EB Games has double edge discount on all Playd (used) games and accessories this weekend from January 18th to January 20th.

IMG_2018.jpg
Good on you. Nintendo dropped the ball on mario charging so much for an old wii-u game. Should be $40 to start.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2294 posts
2394 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON

IMG_2018.jpg
game must suck then, and apparently trinxified edge guaranteed it, due to it sucking. Lol. Still good price I guess, will check other games. Thnx for the heads up
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4584 posts
1942 upvotes
Yeah I edge guaranteed it like 3 days after I decided I'm done with it too. I think the first couple days I was already sure to get rid of it.

I wouldn't say the game sucked, but it offers nothing for me to keep it past the 10 days (I'm also Onyx member)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2294 posts
2394 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
trinxified wrote: Yeah I edge guaranteed it like 3 days after I decided I'm done with it too. I think the first couple days I was already sure to get rid of it.

I wouldn't say the game sucked, but it offers nothing for me to keep it past the 10 days (I'm also Onyx member)
Unless you beat the game completely already, then ya get rid of it if you wont replay it later. You could technically repurchase it now at the $46 pricing since you are onyx.
Last edited by junglemage666 on Jan 18th, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3893 posts
3664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I've traded in games I've preordered from Amazon the day after I got them >_> with the $50 guarantee + tax credit you end up getting a little more than you paid for it.

ANYWAYS the real reason I entered this topic:

EB FINALLY has a refurbished PS3 controller listed on its website: https://www.ebgames.ca/PS3/Games/311597 ... camouflage

With double EDGE it's $31.99 for Platinum or $27.99 for Onyx.
[OP]
Nov 19, 2017
998 posts
2172 upvotes
Toronto
trinxified wrote: where'd you get that? at baymac location in richmond hill?

i edge guaranteed that game just yesterday haha
No, got it in Mississauga
Oct 19, 2015
965 posts
1363 upvotes
Vancouver
ebGames has technical difficulties with their website and membership verification.
check with your local ebGames before you make a trip.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2819 posts
1427 upvotes
west Island MTL
well seem easy to find.

both store in laval have it used copy. i got 1 thx OP (paid 46.19$+tx with onyx)
- chomedey
- centre laval (got the one in centre laval)

Where There is Fear There Is No Deal
Jan 18, 2020
1 posts
Actually that game should have costed you $39.27 + tax. They calculated it wrong. Read the promotion again below.
Promotion: Cannot be combined with any other offers excluding EDGE. Selection may vary by store. Offer subject to change at any time. No substitutions will be made. While Supplies last.
The promotion should be on top of your EDGE discount as I have received for my game.

What a scam. If you read the email correctly is clearly states and shows the double discount for a platinum member with a $65.99 game with double discount which shows it for $52.99 in email.
Then below that is says in fine print: Cannot be combined with any other offers excluding EDGE.

What does means when its says combined is that my EDGE discount should also apply on top of double discount.
When I went into one store the system did it correctly and then when I went into another store they manipulated the system and removed my EDGE discount.
So in the 1st store I got a playd copy of Yomawari for $26.77. The original playd price was $44.99. That's the correct way it should be reading the coupon correctly.
IMG_0013.jpg
Don't advertise one thing to get me into the store and then change it once I'm there.
IMG_1736.jpg
Also hate Ebgames for the fact that they open a brand new game so the employees can play it and then sell it as a new game.
I never buy gutted copies but I'm about to be done with ebgames all together. Services like GamePass are the future and these store will be out of business soon, like blockbusters.