Feb 22, 2012
312 posts
287 upvotes
Canada

[EB Games] Double Trade Credit for Nintendo Switch Games - April 26 ONLY

EBgamesdouble.png

Double Trade Credit for Nintendo Switch Games

Offer Valid: April 26 only!

In Store only! Offer valid on Switch games only. Offer valid only towards games normally accepted in trade. Games must include original cases and artwork. Cannot be combined with any other trade offer including EDGE. No duplicate titles accepted. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trades are subject to Manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time.

Kind of disappointed as they have not included PS4 games on double credit for a while now..... but this will be good for some.

Note: This is Switch Software ONLY. Switch hardware (Consoles / Joycons / etc are NOT included)
Last edited by Styleman on Apr 25th, 2018 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
RFD: Pick any two.
In stock
Low Price
Quality Product
32 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
8099 posts
7927 upvotes
Nice, since TIVS.ca doesn't list Switch trade in values, does anyone know what the value is for Mario / Rabbids Kingdom?

Also, idk if this stacks, but I recall EB offering a free Funko Pop figure with any trade-in (above a certain value, i dont remember what the threshold was)
Dec 11, 2010
767 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
are they planning to mass Switch games and go bankrupt? lol
seems like everytime its double TIVs for switch games!
[OP]
Feb 22, 2012
312 posts
287 upvotes
Canada
Wizard1 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 11:31 am

Also, idk if this stacks, but I recall EB offering a free Funko Pop figure with any trade-in (above a certain value, i dont remember what the threshold was)
As far as the Pop! Figure trade goes, the minimum is $3. However, the deal is you trade in the game and get the Pop! figure straight across. You DO NOT get the trade credit in addition to the Pop! Figure. So, not really relevant for this promotion at all, as most games will far surpass the $12.99 max Pop! credit they are offering, and that's before double up...

If you like Pop! figures, better to trade in your old Xbox 360 or PS3 games with a TIV of $3 - $9
In stock
Low Price
Quality Product
Jul 10, 2017
80 posts
32 upvotes
Styleman wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 11:38 am
As far as the Pop! Figure trade goes, the minimum is $3. However, the deal is you trade in the game and get the Pop! figure straight across. You DO NOT get the trade credit in addition to the Pop! Figure. So, not really relevant for this promotion at all, as most games will far surpass the $12.99 max Pop! credit they are offering, and that's before double up...

If you like Pop! figures, better to trade in your old Xbox 360 or PS3 games with a TIV of $3 - $9
Does that mean if the game is 3$ i can get the pop figure worth 12.99 1:1 trade?
[OP]
Feb 22, 2012
312 posts
287 upvotes
Canada
polarbearx wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 11:46 am
Does that mean if the game is 3$ i can get the pop figure worth 12.99 1:1 trade?
Yes - Exactly. You don't pay any tax or anything.

Or you can play the difference for a more expensive Pop!. I think they go up to $14.99.

I'll do a separate post for this deal.....
Last edited by Styleman on Apr 25th, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
In stock
Low Price
Quality Product
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1363 posts
436 upvotes
Quebec
I wish i could get enougn money for Mario Kart, Odyssey and Xenoblade to buy the Digital versions instead
Dec 22, 2001
735 posts
112 upvotes
Curious to know the TIV for Odyssey...
[OP]
Feb 22, 2012
312 posts
287 upvotes
Canada
boojew wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 11:57 am
Curious to know the TIV for Odyssey...
It was $25 a couple days ago. So the best you could hope for is $50.

Keep in mind, EB likes to drop TIV values the day of these promos.
In stock
Low Price
Quality Product
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3222 posts
1568 upvotes
Anyone in GTA West want real cash instead of trading at eb games pm me
Apr 19, 2017
9 posts
19 upvotes
If anyone has Zelda to trade in in the Vancouver area... Let me know. Thanks
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
1210 posts
626 upvotes
GTA
polarbearx wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 11:46 am
This promo has been going on since October, they just keep renewing it every month. There is a list on their website of the eligible games for each console.
Dec 19, 2006
258 posts
122 upvotes
Burnaby
Hah! Still a ripoff. Games like Mario hold their value for so long, you could throw it on Craigslist for an easy $60. Don't support these shysters.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2182 posts
1149 upvotes
Vancouver
Thello wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 3:03 pm
Hah! Still a ripoff. Games like Mario hold their value for so long, you could throw it on Craigslist for an easy $60. Don't support these shysters.
Reason EB is willing to give $50 credit for them. They know full well they will profit and likely end up selling the game for $60+ as well as making a sale on the credit you are given (and profit off that too).

Of course with the increasing popularity of digital downloads, EB probably need a higher gross margin per game now due to the simple fact they will get fewer and fewer games going forward (and also less business overall). That likely means lower value moving forward (and the catch 22 in that is they will also keep getting fewer games).
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
1877 posts
1460 upvotes
In a line or a tent?
Paigne wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 5:09 pm
Reason EB is willing to give $50 credit for them. They know full well they will profit and likely end up selling the game for $60+ as well as making a sale on the credit you are given (and profit off that too).

Of course with the increasing popularity of digital downloads, EB probably need a higher gross margin per game now due to the simple fact they will get fewer and fewer games going forward (and also less business overall). That likely means lower value moving forward (and the catch 22 in that is they will also keep getting fewer games).
A friend of mine who works at an EB in Scarborough told me that EB games is thinking about getting into developing their own games.
Please hammer, don't hoard 'em.