Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] EB Games $15 minimum for Nintendo Switch games (credit) - Feb. 27th ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2020 1:20 pm
[OP]
Feb 5, 2014
151 posts
284 upvotes
Kitchener

[EB Games] EB Games $15 minimum for Nintendo Switch games (credit) - Feb. 27th ONLY

Hi,

Trade Nintendo Switch games for a minimum of $15 tomorrow only, at EB Games. No sports games as usual.

https://www.ebgames.ca/playdoffers/Index

Fine print:

Run dates: Feb 27th
Offer valid on Switch games only. Offer valid only towards games normally accepted in trade. Offer excludes Sport games. Games must include original cases and artwork. Cannot be combined with any other trade offer including EDGE. No duplicate titles accepted. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trades are subject to Manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time.

*edited error and added (credit)

Cheers
28 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10411 posts
1260 upvotes
Brampton
Why only one day. Gotta wait for the next one then.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 59-0-0 and counting.
Dec 9, 2019
99 posts
185 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
15$ for games they will sell for 60$. Guys just put it on Kijiji.
May 4, 2011
52 posts
15 upvotes
Hamilton
Can you bring any (non-sport) game for the Switch? For instance I have Puyo Puyo Tetris but they don't even have it listed on their site.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1365 posts
931 upvotes
St Catharines
UnapologeticCanuck wrote: 15$ for games they will sell for 60$. Guys just put it on Kijiji.
Not necessarily. Ideally, you won't trade in any games that have a base trade value of $10 or more. For example, Mega Man 11 has a trade value of $9, and EB sells it used for $25. During this promo you'd get $15. Games with lower trade-in values like this do not normally "sell for $60". They have to make money somehow.

Sure, if you trade in something like Kirby: Star Allies, they'll sell it for $66, but you'll also get $33 for it. I'd rather get rid of it for that much instantly than deal with Kijiji lowballers wanting me to deliver it 30 minutes away for the same amount of money.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1579 posts
795 upvotes
bholmes2000 wrote: Can you bring any (non-sport) game for the Switch? For instance I have Puyo Puyo Tetris but they don't even have it listed on their site.
I'll take that puyo puyo game if you want.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1415 posts
713 upvotes
Durham
Just Dance 2019? Kids aren't even playing it and they want another game
Dec 20, 2010
62 posts
47 upvotes
daddyho24 wrote: Not necessarily. Ideally, you won't trade in any games that have a base trade value of $10 or more. For example, Mega Man 11 has a trade value of $9, and EB sells it used for $25. During this promo you'd get $15. Games with lower trade-in values like this do not normally "sell for $60". They have to make money somehow.

Sure, if you trade in something like Kirby: Star Allies, they'll sell it for $66, but you'll also get $33 for it. I'd rather get rid of it for that much instantly than deal with Kijiji lowballers wanting me to deliver it 30 minutes away for the same amount of money.
That's an interesting way to look at kijiji. I see selling games on there as a win all around. The buyer gets it for cheaper than EB, I get more money than I would have from EB, and the furthest distance I travel is the lobby of my condo. The only negative is saying no to low offers / people asking me to deliver.

Yours is more of a worst case scenario.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2452 posts
379 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Kkhan15 wrote: Just Dance 2019? Kids aren't even playing it and they want another game
Unless for some reason it's considered a sport game, that would be a good deal. $9 normal trade in value.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2452 posts
379 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
StefanYFC wrote: That's an interesting way to look at kijiji. I see selling games on there as a win all around. The buyer gets it for cheaper than EB, I get more money than I would have from EB, and the furthest distance I travel is the lobby of my condo. The only negative is saying no to low offers / people asking me to deliver.

Very rare with Switch games. But if you have an issue, at least you have a store kind of backing you a bit. Also people have points or gift cards or whatever. So combined with these trade in offers its a one stop shop for some making it an easier experience for a loss of a few bucks. It depends totally on the situation they are looking to do.
Apr 6, 2017
965 posts
664 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Kkhan15 wrote: Just Dance 2019? Kids aren't even playing it and they want another game
check marketplace facebook value. the lowest that I saw is 30$ .
it depends if you want to hassle.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1365 posts
931 upvotes
St Catharines
StefanYFC wrote: That's an interesting way to look at kijiji. I see selling games on there as a win all around. The buyer gets it for cheaper than EB, I get more money than I would have from EB, and the furthest distance I travel is the lobby of my condo. The only negative is saying no to low offers / people asking me to deliver.

Not sure where you're from, but the Niagara region is full of lowballers and beggars on Kijiji/FB Marketplace. It's tough to sell even the most popular Switch titles for $50.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3821 posts
1341 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote: I'll take it off you for $15
Don't forget the tax bonus. It's closer to $17 ;). In all seriousness, if you were in Ancaster I'd happy sell it to you.