Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] EB Games $5 Fridays (February 1st)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2019 4:06 am
Tags:
Nov 19, 2017
559 posts
1335 upvotes
Toronto
Bought way too many POP figures today. Lots were on sale aside from the ones showing up online. The online inventory was only half of what was available in store for $5.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13880 posts
4086 upvotes
Montreal
EananC641158 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 8:02 am
I don't know how people think these pops will be worth anything in years. Near guarantee they will be worthless when the fad is over.
Nothing that adults buy as "collectibles" will ever be collectible - that's a universal truth and the fast-dwindling number of toys that will be collectible in 20 years are currently being played with and thrashed by 5-10 year olds.

Then again, maybe adults nerds have totally killed collectibility by invading and taking over kid's toys? It's a very real possibility.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13880 posts
4086 upvotes
Montreal
NoMoneyNoProblems wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 11:50 am
I would pick up Starwars Battlefront at $5 just for the VR mission.
The Ultimate Edition has been on sale on PSN (no tax) for $8.99 several times now.

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13880 posts
4086 upvotes
Montreal
cheruboo wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 12:48 pm
Ok so? Supply and demand. They have lots of extra pops lying around and they're liquidating. Why would they sell a 20 dollar game for 5 when they dont need to? Its simple economics.
Shelf space economics.

If Pop figures were as thin and small as a video game, they wouldn't be liquidating these every Friday either.

Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3127 posts
2765 upvotes
Ottawa
I was so annoyed that some people got the Shadow Heartless from KH. You buggers better not have gotten a glow chase.

Only one that I wanted from this sale. Online, at least.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Oct 16, 2005
809 posts
331 upvotes
Anyone pick up a black panther venomized pop?
None in my area.

I’ll trade for riverdale Monopoly
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4158 posts
2575 upvotes
EananC641158 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 8:02 am
I don't know how people think these pops will be worth anything in years. Near guarantee they will be worthless when the fad is over.
Whatever man, I will be laughing all the way to the bank when they become the next Bitcoin.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2207 posts
1682 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Kovaelin wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 12:44 pm
Did you even look at the link? It's ALL Pops except for four used games, two of which are PS3 games. Literally a quarter of the walls in every EB I've stepped into over the past two years have just been Pops. Have you seen how often they (don't) update their PC, 3DS, and Vita selections? When you look at other figures, they only carry a small number of non-Funko merch and in much lower quantities. I can't remember the last time I saw a non-Tracer nendo for less than MSRP. Every week, there's a promo that incorporates Pops. They're clearly sticking to a product that's making them a lot money.
What exactly are you expecting them to update in the 3DS/Vita selections at this point? It's not like either console is pumping out releases at this point or people are scrambling to trade in 3DS games. They also take up a relatively small amount of shelf space so it's not like they're in any rush to get rid of them.

Hell I bought a used copy of New Leaf from one store last weekend and they said it was the first 3DS game they'd sold in 2019, new or used - no one even bought Bowser's Inside story from that location.
Aug 31, 2015
424 posts
87 upvotes
Concord, ON
OVOSound wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 7:14 pm
Bought way too many POP figures today. Lots were on sale aside from the ones showing up online. The online inventory was only half of what was available in store for $5.
Can you recall which ones were there that weren't on the site or atleast which ones did you buy? I was thinking of going but decided against it because I didnt feel like driving and nothing online really interested me that much lol...wanna know if I should go next time even if the online options are bad