Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

EB Games 50% off Platinum Membership

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2018 11:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

[EB Games] EB Games 50% off Platinum Membership

Got this in the email for the weekly flyer. 50% off from December 2nd to 8th "while supplies last" which should make them $7.50?

Unsure if it applies to renewals (I don't see why it wouldn't) but I was going to stop by one today so I'll ask.

Last edited by chemicalxv on Nov 30th, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Nov 8, 2013
642 posts
476 upvotes
what can you do with platinum, can you buy stuff with points? I haven't really shopped much at EB Games for some time now
Sep 15, 2018
6 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
GNKRFD wrote: what can you do with platinum, can you buy stuff with points? I haven't really shopped much at EB Games for some time now
It's all on the website: https://www.ebgames.ca/aboutUs

You either level up to the Platinum Edge rank by buying stuff from them or you pay your way there straight away. Paying typically costs $14.99, but it's 50% off based on OP's findings.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
took me 4 years of buying random misc crap for like $5, but I got there and I dun even know what to do with it
Signature removed due to rule violation
Mar 31, 2017
142 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
would buying this extend your membership? if you already have platinum
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
3108 posts
690 upvotes
Ottawa
I think I might buy it. helps with buying action figures and stuff from there.
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Brewmeanie wrote: took me 4 years of buying random misc crap for like $5, but I got there and I dun even know what to do with it
It's an every-day 10% discount on Collectables, Biogenik accessories (which I don't make a habit of buying but own a few), and any Used/Refurbished Games/Consoles which stacks on top of any sale price. They also have the occasional double discount weekend where it's 20% instead. I used a double discount weekend to get a used copy of the new God of War for $35 out of pocket when it aligned with a minimum $10 trade-in day lol.
freakx2001 wrote: I think I might buy it. helps with buying action figures and stuff from there.
Yep, if you're already buying stuff like that it becomes worth it the moment you surpass the cost in discounts.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2018
1082 posts
1622 upvotes
Montreal
I'll bite at 50% off, can I do it online?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
kaboom987 wrote: I'll bite at 50% off, can I do it online?
No it's specifically in-store only.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
GNKRFD wrote: what can you do with platinum, can you buy stuff with points? I haven't really shopped much at EB Games for some time now
Nothing, literally nothing. You could tell your friends you are platinum though.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1062 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty sure you can purchase a game from EB games, play it for 7 days then exchange it for something else. Nice way to go if you know you're going to play the final game in the end, may as well try something else out the week before.
Banned
Nov 19, 2018
50 posts
44 upvotes
oakley0023 wrote: Pretty sure you can purchase a game from EB games, play it for 7 days then exchange it for something else. Nice way to go if you know you're going to play the final game in the end, may as well try something else out the week before.
Best benefit of the platinum card. It's basically a license for two for one games.

Love my Onyx card, get ten days. Allows me to play and finish a shorter game, return it and get something I want to keep.
No external links in signatures.
Mar 8, 2005
407 posts
228 upvotes
St. Jonh's
Arthas33 wrote: Best benefit of the platinum card. It's basically a license for two for one games.

Love my Onyx card, get ten days. Allows me to play and finish a shorter game, return it and get something I want to keep.
I do that too, but I get xbox or psn money and use it to buy games when they go onsale.
There's no such thing as too many games.
May 5, 2009
617 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver
You get a welcome coupon for 10 extra trade credit when you get the platinum card.

A no brainer if trading in a game. Get a couple bucks for free.
Jan 28, 2010
899 posts
287 upvotes
VancityAcura wrote: You get a welcome coupon for 10 extra trade credit when you get the platinum card.

A no brainer if trading in a game. Get a couple bucks for free.
Yea, extra credit, and extra discount on items and used games makes it worth it @ $7.50 if you're going to shop there. You get a coupon on your birthday as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2006
2904 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
chemicalxv wrote: Unsure if it applies to renewals (I don't see why it wouldn't) but I was going to stop by one today so I'll ask.
anyone know yet?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
taktikz wrote: anyone know yet?
lol I didn't stop by on Friday but it's the first day now so I should be stopping by today. I'll find out.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
The Onyx card gives an extra 15% trade in credit for every game traded in and 15% off all used games.
I traded in Darksiders 3 for $29 after the Onyx bonus.

Even if you trade in a game that gives $50 credit through their promo, you get $54.95 if you are an Onyx member.

The other card tiers do not give any bonuses for trade-ins. The Platinum card gives 10% off all used games. The Onyx gives 15% off.
Although I never buy used games at EB.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I remember when Platinum used to give a 10% trade-in boost Loudly Crying Face
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
So it definitely applies to renewals but there's only a specific window you can renew in (like it doesn't stack). Not sure what it is, might be a month, their system lets them know. I had 15 days left.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)