Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] EB Games: $67.77 Pre-Order or New Game (Reworded & Respecified)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2020 10:30 pm
[OP]
Oct 31, 2012
509 posts
707 upvotes
Toronto

[EB Games] EB Games: $67.77 Pre-Order or New Game (Reworded & Respecified)

Reworded and re-specified the use of this deal so it does not break rules/ethics.

NBA2K20 (trade-in value: $26; PS,XB,Switch) at Best Buy is 21.59 ($67.77 for 3). You may then trade (https://www.ebgames.ca/tradevalues) the three games in for a new game or preorder at EB Games (through the trade 3 get one promotion, https://www.ebgames.ca/playdoffers/Index). New games are normally 90 dollars after tax so this saves some money.

EB Games rules state they are not allowed multiple copies of a game for the trade-in but these are 3 separate games (different system) so no issue here and I have called multiple EB Games for reassurance. So there is no bending rules or anything for this deal to work. I guess YMMV as the trade value could change day to day so make sure you go from Best Buy to EB Games and open the wrapping in between.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1004 posts
736 upvotes
Durham Region
They also have min $10 trade value toward the last of us part 2 on now
Jul 23, 2011
519 posts
1123 upvotes
Ottawa
The Eb I went to in Ottawa said they wer not accepting trades.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2012
509 posts
707 upvotes
Toronto
networksend wrote: They also have min $10 trade value toward the last of us part 2 on now
Ah another game I need to pre-order. Thanks for the heads up.
Jul 20, 2017
616 posts
718 upvotes
I pre-ordered Doom eternal (PC) at ebgames.ca

They do the annoying -don't charge until ship thing-.. (I wanted to be charged on the spot as it would seem you do if you pay thru paypal - since I had a really high % cash back active on my KOHO card which would expire soon)

So order seemed fine. Near release I got double charged and sent 2 copies. Annoying to say the least..

As:
1. You can't call them. They shut down their call center.
2. They were extremely slow to reply to email/ticket, and quite rude. Eventually agreeing to refund if I sent back the 2nd copy.
3. Very slow to send the return label, over a week.
4. I returned in over 2 months ago now, they replied a couple times saying ya were busy covid covid blah blah. They now no longer respond to emails and have not refunded me.

Bunch of crooks. Be wary.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2012
509 posts
707 upvotes
Toronto
Eleventeen wrote: I pre-ordered Doom eternal (PC) at ebgames.ca

They do the annoying -don't charge until ship thing-.. (I wanted to be charged on the spot as it would seem you do if you pay thru paypal - since I had a really high % cash back active on my KOHO card which would expire soon)

So order seemed fine. Near release I got double charged and sent 2 copies. Annoying to say the least..

As:
1. You can't call them. They shut down their call center.
2. They were extremely slow to reply to email/ticket, and quite rude. Eventually agreeing to refund if I sent back the 2nd copy.
3. Very slow to send the return label, over a week.
4. I returned in over 2 months ago now, they replied a couple times saying ya were busy covid covid blah blah. They now no longer respond to emails and have not refunded me.

Bunch of crooks. Be wary.
Damn that is definitely something to consider going forward as that is some shitty customer service no doubt. I guess I was lucky in the sense that I did a trade-in instead of payment so hopefully nothing goes wrong as they have no card to charge me anything for.
Oct 2, 2008
440 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
I've had problems trading in the same game before. Might work out for everyone
[OP]
Oct 31, 2012
509 posts
707 upvotes
Toronto
vujonny wrote: I've had problems trading in the same game before. Might work out for everyone
Was it the same game for the same system?