• Jan 1st, 2019 8:52 am
Tags:
None
129 replies
Nov 23, 2017
263 posts
420 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
Are the 2 for $15 Funkos only available in-store?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2013
1038 posts
369 upvotes
BC
Thanks, in for Fire Emblem Warriors.
Intel Core i7-9700KF | Asus Strix 2070 Super | <3
Temp. Banned
Nov 22, 2013
2174 posts
1299 upvotes
Sarnia
I guess some people who are sick of their PS4 and want a Nintendo Switch get a good deal kind of here. Also GTA V at $19.99 is always a good buy although for Bxoing Day they could have lowered it to a new low for price. As for other things SW BF II for $9.99 is worth it but again they could have lowered it to a new low price. : S
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
1073 posts
2388 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone played Starlink: Battle for Atlas? Is it worth it for $30?
Jul 23, 2011
871 posts
668 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Fire Emblem is a good deal if you have a Switch. Otherwise, meh.

Was really hoping Dragon Quest would hit 40 dollars or lower. 50 seems a lot for a game that's four months old already. Oh well...wallet is safe for now.
Feb 27, 2011
238 posts
463 upvotes
TorontoGamerMan wrote: Fire Emblem is a good deal if you have a Switch. Otherwise, meh.

Was really hoping Dragon Quest would hit 40 dollars or lower. 50 seems a lot for a game that's four months old already. Oh well...wallet is safe for now.
$50 isn't a lot for a meaty 100 hour game, one of the best JRPG in years.
Jul 23, 2011
871 posts
668 upvotes
NORTH YORK
ShinDiFire wrote: $50 isn't a lot for a meaty 100 hour game, one of the best JRPG in years.
No. But when you have a backlog that includes most of RDR2, Spyro, AC Odyssey, etc....there's no immediate need to rush out and get it.

And honestly, it's been 50 at many places for over a month. So while 50 isn't terrible, it's hardly a great price at this stage of its release life.

Will buy when it goes 40 or cheaper. I'm sure that's bound to happen fairly soon.
Dec 18, 2012
452 posts
148 upvotes
OVOSound wrote: Has anyone played Starlink: Battle for Atlas? Is it worth it for $30?
Game quite literally stinks. Core storyline content including Starfox missions is anywhere from 5-10 hours, then it's just grinding with no real point or motivation to do so. It's no surprise the game is bombing and price is being dropped. Give it a few months and this will be a Dollarama find lol
Dec 18, 2012
452 posts
148 upvotes
In for FE Warriors as well but most of these deals are pretty cold. All the Switch titles (with the aforementioned exception) were the same price on BF. Best Buy has some of these games but way better pricing (AC: Odyssey @ $29.99).
Civ VI I actually am just seeing now on a later page which is a decent deal for a just-released title. Dragon Quest can wait for a port to the Switch since TV time is at a premium.
Nov 1, 2007
253 posts
31 upvotes
Link to the flyer seems to be broken.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1161 posts
847 upvotes
Toronto
EB needs to bring in more ThinkGeek merch... LOL Surprise and Poop Emojis can't be a sustainable product category....
Jan 22, 2017
405 posts
1317 upvotes
Can anyone upload pictures or a .PDF this flipp website is not working for me on any browser.
Apr 26, 2018
29 posts
132 upvotes
Vancouver
CrazyCatMan wrote: Can anyone upload pictures or a .PDF this flipp website is not working for me on any browser.
ImageImage
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2023 posts
1940 upvotes
Is EB turning into toy store?
I went there the other day, first time in many years...
Games are one small section by the door and rest of 90% store was nothing but POP, LOL, other random crap.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2785 posts
995 upvotes
Wow, this one is frigid. I wonder why the deals are so cold this year.
Dec 2, 2012
87 posts
134 upvotes
OVOSound wrote: Has anyone played Starlink: Battle for Atlas? Is it worth it for $30?
I played it and really enjoyed it. Played through the whole game and got close to 100% without the extra weapons that are paid dlc/toys. It is a arcade style flying shooter. I would personally say it is a real steal at $30. Even if you 100% it in 15 hours that is $2/hour for game time which is definitely not a bad spend for entertainment. Other people may think differently though but that is the case for any game, some people even enjoy Fallout 76...

There was also a free update to Starlink announced earlier today that adds a fair bit of content including new enemies and tasks (ie quests).
thecrashton wrote: All the Switch titles (with the aforementioned exception) were the same price on BF.
Pretty sure that Mario Tennis Aces is at the lowest price since release and that it wasn't on Black Friday sales. Also Civ VI was $10 less at Best Buy on Black Friday but also near impossible to get at that price due to limited stock.
Dreamrider wrote: Is EB turning into toy store?
Sadly the margin on new games is practically non-existent for EB Games and the shift to digital games means fewer use titles to heavily make profits on. The chain has been consistently losing a little bit of money for a couple of years now. Part of the plan to try and slow the bleeding is diversifying into onto lines such as collectable toys like Funko Pops where the revenue margin is a little better and competition is on the minimal side of things.