Boxing Day 2018 Deals

EB Games Boxing Week 2018 Flyer

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2019 8:52 am
Tags:
None
Member
May 5, 2015
217 posts
158 upvotes
Dundas, ON
Is spiderman a good deal at this price? And why the hell is the online sale live today.... Was planning on getting fire emblem on boxing day, only to find out that it's already sold out online
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2005
2139 posts
349 upvotes
York
I was able to order FEW at about 6:10pm. Damn that went fast.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Newbie
Apr 3, 2009
22 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know what time EB games open up on Boxing day (GTA)?
Newbie
Jan 8, 2012
7 posts
WATERLOO
I bought Xenoblade for full price yesterday. Will EB games credit me back for price difference? The game is still sealed but what if it's opened?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2006
3348 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
just got the word, ps4 controller trade in promo again next thursday. Hopefully its 40-45
====================================
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4371 posts
2184 upvotes
Toronto
KDnuni wrote: I bought Xenoblade for full price yesterday. Will EB games credit me back for price difference? The game is still sealed but what if it's opened?
If it's still sealed, EB will take it back so they can in theory just take it back and resell at lower price, they will expect the copy to be present though. My guess is they won't do it on boxing day explicitly unless its a slow store. If it's opened and you have an edge card, the satisfaction benefit can still apply(depending on your edge level) but the replacement will be final purchase and you'll have to spend the credit in store though some stores will allow you to put the credit on a pre-order(YMMV there) and you lose taxes on it.
Sr. Member
Jan 4, 2014
888 posts
289 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
ludhi wrote: just got the word, ps4 controller trade in promo again next thursday. Hopefully its 40-45
What does that entail?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2006
3348 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
ahumanbeing wrote: What does that entail?
for the people who are doing tradeins this week, they can wait untill next week for a better deal.
====================================
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2914 posts
2529 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
ludhi wrote: just got the word, ps4 controller trade in promo again next thursday. Hopefully its 40-45
Are you talking the 27th or the 3rd?

The controller sales end the 31st.

If it's the 3rd you're still better off doing it this week if you're trading in a controller to get a new one (which you have to do in say, Winnipeg anyways). Even at $45 you're paying $30 for a new one, whereas with the controllers being on sale for $49.99 you're paying the same or less if their value is $20 or more (which I think it is).
Last edited by chemicalxv on Dec 25th, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Sep 8, 2017
53 posts
29 upvotes
Anyone know about deals on PS Plus? Mines about to expire and I'm looking to use up my credit from a previous controller trade-in.
Ever since I discovered RFD, I've spent so much money in the interest of saving money...
Jr. Member
Oct 11, 2018
138 posts
85 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: Are you talking the 27th or the 3rd?

The controller sales end the 31st.

If it's the 3rd you're still better off doing it this week if you're trading in a controller to get a new one (which you have to do in say, Winnipeg anyways). Even at $45 you're paying $30 for a new one, whereas with the controllers being on sale for $49.99 you're paying the same or less if their value is $20 or more (which I think it is).
If I'm trading in a controller to get a new one, how much would I be paying out of pocket?
Newbie
Nov 30, 2013
35 posts
9 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
The Division for $10 just want to play single player offline any input? worth it?
Member
Oct 1, 2012
278 posts
9 upvotes
Here and there
Anyone have any other more thoughts on the PS4 to Switch trade in deal? I have a PS4 500gb that I play seldomly. I got this way back with Uncharted 4. Not sure if it is better to sell it through RFD or Kijiji or do this trade in.

Thanks all.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2914 posts
2529 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
account1 wrote: Anyone have any other more thoughts on the PS4 to Switch trade in deal? I have a PS4 500gb that I play seldomly. I got this way back with Uncharted 4. Not sure if it is better to sell it through RFD or Kijiji or do this trade in.

Thanks all.
So it's a Slim right? Basically they're giving you $180+whatever you pay in tax for it (because it's taken off pre-tax), so anywhere from $189 (Alberta) to $207 (Maritimes). Also how many games you have depends.

People like to say "Oh sell it for $$$ much on Kijiji but it's very hit-or-miss and of course you need to question the level of effort needed on your part, and consider PS4s are routinely dropping below $300 new (with a 1 TB HD instead of 500 GB).

Top