• Jan 1st, 2019 8:52 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2914 posts
2529 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
brandonw17 wrote: If I'm trading in a controller to get a new one, how much would I be paying out of pocket?
If it's this Thursday, likely $9.99 + tax for a new DS4 based on trading in an old DS4.
If it's next Thursday, you're still better off doing it this week based on the sale price of the controllers. I think they're $20-$25 regular TIV which means you'd be paying $24.99 - $29.99 + tax out of pocket based on the $49.99 sale price. Next week probably has you looking at $34.99 + tax out of pocket unless the controllers stay on sale as part of some "Extended" sale.
Oct 2, 2015
484 posts
195 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Very tempted to trade in my old PS4 for a Switch .. What do you guys think the odds are of getting an older model which are hackable?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1042 posts
76 upvotes
GTA
wondering if they trade in ps4 with old gen ps3? :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2914 posts
2529 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
gtirsmiley wrote: Very tempted to trade in my old PS4 for a Switch .. What do you guys think the odds are of getting an older model which are hackable?
You'd probably have to buy a used one (which the trade-in doesn't apply to) to find a hackable one.
Oct 2, 2015
484 posts
195 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
chemicalxv wrote: You'd probably have to buy a used one (which the trade-in doesn't apply to) to find a hackable one.

Actually after further research I think I'm fine with just a normal switch, doesn't have to be hackable.

I've never traded in anything to EB.. What would they need with the ps4? Are they expecting the hdmi cable, power cable and a controller?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4844 posts
3427 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Does anyone know what time they open tomorrow?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8287 posts
1063 upvotes
gtirsmiley wrote: Actually after further research I think I'm fine with just a normal switch, doesn't have to be hackable.

I've never traded in anything to EB.. What would they need with the ps4? Are they expecting the hdmi cable, power cable and a controller?
I’ve traded in my ps4 with just the console, power cable and the ds4 controller. No issues.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 28, 2012
532 posts
355 upvotes
OTTAWA
OVOSound wrote: Has anyone played Starlink: Battle for Atlas? Is it worth it for $30?
I absolutely loved this game. I bought digital as you get more weapons and ships included.

It was a casual play through, a bit reptative but a great game and fun! I would absolutely recommend especially on switch as that's the only way to play as starfox!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
2005 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
I see that Switch deal for all other ones. I guess that is the best one around?

Outside of the x20 Shoppers, are there any other Switch deals to consider or is a free game generally the best deal out there?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2914 posts
2529 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Melkor wrote: Does anyone know what time they open tomorrow?
All the ones in Winnipeg look like they open at 8, check a specific store's page on their website.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1253 posts
783 upvotes
Vancouver
I try buying 2 Funko Pops as part of their promo for 2 for 15 yet both Funkos were updated to $15 each and the total came to $30.

Maybe their system is slow to update but that threw me off
Mar 4, 2016
353 posts
217 upvotes
Not on the flyer but saw they had the Ps4 Pro Red Dead bundle online while bestbuy and Amazon seem to be sold out...decent deal? Looking around and most places have the PS4 Pro on its own at the same price.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1296 posts
281 upvotes
gtirsmiley wrote: Actually after further research I think I'm fine with just a normal switch, doesn't have to be hackable.

Switch doesn't have a shit ton of games yet, so buying the 2 games worth playing each year is affordable enough for me. I would like a hacked one though.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4650 posts
291 upvotes
Alivenate wrote: I try buying 2 Funko Pops as part of their promo for 2 for 15 yet both Funkos were updated to $15 each and the total came to $30.

Maybe their system is slow to update but that threw me off
It’s only selected one, the ones that have been $5 in the past month or so lol
Jan 24, 2011
813 posts
185 upvotes
HI

Want to buy switch console for my son. where we have better deal.. please advice