• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2019 8:52 am
Tags:
None
Jun 29, 2016
780 posts
347 upvotes
cag_73 wrote: HI

Want to buy switch console for my son. where we have better deal.. please advice
Walmart, instore only, not bundeled with any game it's $330.
There's also a bundle with 1 game for $380 at multiple retailers.
[OP]
Nov 19, 2017
715 posts
1700 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up 4x Fire Emblem, Starlink for Switch, NHL 19, and UFC 3.

I was one of the first 50 to spend $50 or more in store so they offered me the option to get any free hat or mug valued at $19.99 or less or any POP Funko priced at $12.99 or less, so I chose the free POP.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1253 posts
783 upvotes
Vancouver
thehockeyguy wrote: It’s only selected one, the ones that have been $5 in the past month or so lol
Both the Pops I selected were part of the $5 Friday just last week
Sep 8, 2016
126 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
FEW sold out in all of GTA. Tried to pick one up but I see people buying multiple couples. Eh..
May 15, 2012
396 posts
234 upvotes
NORTH YORK
jenn17 wrote: FEW sold out in all of GTA. Tried to pick one up but I see people buying multiple couples. Eh..
It is stupid as they obviously refused in-stock pick up while there were still stock.

Plus, when trying to buy online it is clearly 1 copy per person. Yet they are easily selling multiple copies in store?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4650 posts
291 upvotes
Alivenate wrote: Both the Pops I selected were part of the $5 Friday just last week
So u actually paying more for it now lol
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4078 posts
2390 upvotes
OVOSound wrote: Picked up 4x Fire Emblem, Starlink for Switch, NHL 19, and UFC 3.

I was one of the first 50 to spend $50 or more in store so they offered me the option to get any free hat or mug valued at $19.99 or less or any POP Funko priced at $12.99 or less, so I chose the free POP.
Thanks for leaving someone else a fire emblem.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1253 posts
783 upvotes
Vancouver
thehockeyguy wrote: So u actually paying more for it now lol
At least they have them in stock today compared to Friday where everything was already sold out by 2am PST.
[OP]
Nov 19, 2017
715 posts
1700 upvotes
Toronto
witenite wrote: Thanks for leaving someone else a fire emblem.
No problem, 3 of them were for 3 other people, but people can stay salty if they want regarding it.

If you or anyone wanted it, then be there when the store opens otherwise deal with the possibility that there will always be someone that'll beat you to it.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1368 posts
939 upvotes
St Catharines
OVOSound wrote: No problem, 3 of them were for 3 other people, but people can stay salty if they want regarding it.

If you or anyone wanted it, then be there when the store opens otherwise deal with the possibility that there will always be someone that'll beat you to it.
Yeah, OK. Just like you bought several copies of Shenmue, likely all for friends, right?

You’ve got to expect that people on RFD will give you crap for posting that you bought 4 copies, especially when so many people are unable to get a copy for themselves to play. You’re telling people to get up early and line up...your friends can’t do that?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2914 posts
2529 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
OVOSound wrote: No problem, 3 of them were for 3 other people, but people can stay salty if they want regarding it.

Dude, your second sentence literally directly contradicts itself.

Just accept you did a garbage thing and don't feel bad about it. Don't gloat, don't try to justify it, just leave it.

And of course EB deserves some blame too for not limiting in-store copies.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4078 posts
2390 upvotes

I bought my copy a couple months ago, for $50. And it's worth every penny. But hey go with your 4 friends and sing kumbaya with your fire emblems and post it to rfd
Feb 27, 2011
238 posts
462 upvotes

Why weren't your "friends" there when the store opened?

Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 26th, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: easy
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1115 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto

You don't need to explain yourself to anyone. Glad you got what you consider a boat load of good deals or whatever that you wanted.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4650 posts
291 upvotes
Alivenate wrote: At least they have them in stock today compared to Friday where everything was already sold out by 2am PST.
That is if they ship. I got orders that was cancelled 3 weeks ago. And another order still not been shipped yet