• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2019 8:52 am
Tags:
None
Aug 12, 2015
11 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC
TorontoGamerMan wrote: No. But when you have a backlog that includes most of RDR2, Spyro, AC Odyssey, etc....there's no immediate need to rush out and get it.

And honestly, it's been 50 at many places for over a month. So while 50 isn't terrible, it's hardly a great price at this stage of its release life.

Will buy when it goes 40 or cheaper. I'm sure that's bound to happen fairly soon.
It is your right to wait as long as you want before purchasing a title but your estimation of when games drop in price is way off. First of all the price drops vary game to game based on how well its sales are doing which are often dictated by how good a game is. Since Dragon Quest was reviewed very well and is a AAA game it is unlikely to go to 50% in the first six month. On average most games only drop about 25-30% in the first six months. Between six to twelve months the game may drop to the 50% point.

The only time games drop that fast is if their sales are poor and the game is poorly reviewed. Wait until it eventually drops but calibrate your expectations. These developers spend years of their life making these games, they don't owe you anything in terms of value over time. You buy the game at a certain price point when the value is right for you. To say "its hardly a great price at this stage of its release life" is utter bs both because those estimates are wrong and because it makes it sound like the games value is not proportionate to its price.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2865 posts
270 upvotes
Nations Capital
Fire Emblem Warriors is back in stock online!

Hurry :)
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6461 posts
2404 upvotes
Montreal
Waited 3 hours from beginning line to leaving store
So many people downtown Montreal

Stores open at 1 pm in Quebec today so people had time to lineup.

They had 3 cashiers and they were slow.

Had some store credit so wanted to go in store.

I typically buy online, I remember why!
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1411 posts
411 upvotes
Abbotsford
Painful thread to read. Some salty nerds in here
Dec 24, 2016
12 posts
3 upvotes
Québec
Hey guys! The Mario party Nintendo Switch bundle is back in stock, I just bought one online. :)
Images
  • 5BB52FDC-21FC-4310-A79D-A0449427D599.png
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4078 posts
2390 upvotes
jp2017 wrote: Hey guys! The Mario party Nintendo Switch bundle is back in stock, I just bought one online. :)
I popped into a smaller EB maybe after 2 hours of the store opening. A guy behind me was looking for that bundle instore and they worker said his store only got a couple and pretty much for all the store around him would be sold out
Grab it online if your really want this bundle
Aug 31, 2015
433 posts
89 upvotes
Concord, ON
For people who went to EB today. What Pops are on part of the 2 for $15 sale?

Thanks
Jul 23, 2011
844 posts
643 upvotes
NORTH YORK
crispyfrybits wrote: These developers spend years of their life making these games, they don't owe you anything in terms of value over time. You buy the game at a certain price point when the value is right for you. To say "its hardly a great price at this stage of its release life" is utter bs both because those estimates are wrong and because it makes it sound like the games value is not proportionate to its price.
Ni no kuni hit 20 in the summer, and released in March. So there's one recent example of a fast price drop for a jrpg that reviewed well. Given that it's Boxing Day, 39.99 was not an out of line hope. And for what it's worth, I bought if for 47 digitally, which isn't THAT far off that price, given there's no tax on psn. The game hit 50 and I wanted 40. Hardly an 'uttter bs' expectation.

I also take a bit of issue with the "they don't owe you anything" line that you and so many internet folk like to casually toss around (it's overused to the point of being cliche, by the way). Who ever said they thought they were owed something? Certainly not I. Hope is a considerably different sentiment than entitlement. Hoping a game hits a certain price is a mile from anything disrespectful towards developers. There was absolutely no need for the sanctimonious, white knight bullshit you spewed out there.
Last edited by TorontoGamerMan on Dec 27th, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 11, 2015
39 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
For those looking to snag a copy of Fire Emblem Warriors, check out the locator map! I think it's accurate.

I picked up a copy at the Hwy 7 and Airport Road location in the GTA this afternoon, and they still had many copies.

It looks like you won't find it on the shelves, though. I had to line up at the cash register, where all the copies were being hidden.

Happy hunting!
Dec 12, 2009
307 posts
192 upvotes
Vancouver
just grabbed Starlink for switch; heard good things about the Starfox content. $29 was a no brainer: hella long line this morning though...
Mar 25, 2008
446 posts
915 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone traded DS4 today?
Nov 15, 2013
746 posts
404 upvotes
Ottawa
Just PM'd Fire Emblem Warriors at BB by showing the EB flyer. Manager scolded the employee and told them not to accept anymore Boxing Week flyers for PMs.

Glad I was able to get it though as $13.99 (plus HST) is killer, especially as a new Switch owner.
Oct 2, 2008
411 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
Just price matched fire emblem at the source.

They tried to tell me they couldn't because the Eaton centre ebgames had no stock others do in Toronto...
They also made me go get a physical copy from everyone games lol
Sep 8, 2016
126 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Komorebi wrote: For those looking to snag a copy of Fire Emblem Warriors, check out the locator map! I think it's accurate.

I picked up a copy at the Hwy 7 and Airport Road location in the GTA this afternoon, and they still had many copies.

It looks like you won't find it on the shelves, though. I had to line up at the cash register, where all the copies were being hidden.

Happy hunting!
Locator map is around 1 day behind. Drove to Aurora eb games because FEW showed in stock but they said it was sold out yesterday. Unamused Face
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1368 posts
939 upvotes
St Catharines
jenn17 wrote: Locator map is around 1 day behind. Drove to Aurora eb games because FEW showed in stock but they said it was sold out yesterday. Unamused Face
There’s no delay. It updates at minimum every morning.

If it showed as in stock, they had at least 1 copy. They were probably holding it.

If you add an item to your cart using the Pick-up in Store link, it will tell you exactly how many are in stock when selecting a location during checkout.