Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] EB Games - Chomped Flyer - May 10-26 ($59.99 Pokemon Let's Go)

  • Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2019 3:59 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jun 16, 2008
881 posts
787 upvotes

[EB Games] EB Games - Chomped Flyer - May 10-26 ($59.99 Pokemon Let's Go)

EB Games has a "Chomped" sale running May 10-26.

Here's the flyer: https://www.ebgames.ca/ChompedFlyer

Some notable deals:
  • Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee - Switch - $59.99 ($20 off) May 10-12 only
  • Civilization V - Switch - $39.99 ($40 off)
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey - PS4/Xbox One - $29.99 ($50 off)
  • The Division 2 - PS4/Xbox One - $59.99 ($20 off)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition - PS4 - $19.99 ($10 off)
  • Call of Duty: WWII - PLAYD (used copy) - PS4/Xbox One - $14.99 ($20 off)
  • $30 off Nintendo Switch Labo kits (except for the VR)
  • Xbox 360/PS3/WiiU Games - buy one get one free
  • 25% bonus trade credit towards anything in the flyer
Last edited by cookedDeals on May 8th, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
44 replies
Member
Jul 5, 2018
331 posts
1393 upvotes
Why wouldn't you just buy Pokemon let's go at shoppers during a 20% off sale and use a 15 or 20x points coupon at shoppers?
It ends up being 80-16=64. Then you get back $14 in points on 15x. Or you get $19 back on 15x.
So you pay $45-50+tax. If you save the points until a bonus redemption event it has an even better value. For example using $100 in points during it is worth $140. So my effective cost is even lower than $45-$50 if I plan it right.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1200 posts
823 upvotes
Quebec City
You shouldn't buy this crap, this isn't a real pokemon game.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 9, 2010
773 posts
987 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Call Of Duty: WWII for $14.99 seems like a pretty sweet deal.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: djwalsh3000
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jun 16, 2008
881 posts
787 upvotes
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: Why wouldn't you just buy Pokemon let's go at shoppers during a 20% off sale and use a 15 or 20x points coupon at shoppers?
It ends up being 80-16=64. Then you get back $14 in points on 15x. Or you get $19 back on 15x.
So you pay $45-50+tax. If you save the points until a bonus redemption event it has an even better value. For example using $100 in points during it is worth $140. So my effective cost is even lower than $45-$50 if I plan it right.
That definitely works out a bit better, but EB Games is well stocked so you don't have to hunt around for a copy, and you don't have to use/maximize Optimum points if you're not a regular Shoppers customer. Also you can trade stuff towards it at +25% bonus credit!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2014
1354 posts
1758 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
MercadorHG wrote: You shouldn't buy this crap, this isn't a real pokemon game.
I've played every gen of Pokemon save some re-releases and actually disagree. Roaming 'mons need to be a thing as opposed to random encounters (or have it as an option?).

But I will agree that the catching mechanic is balls. If they literally had just changed that, it would have been perfect to me.

Then again, maybe that's just my Kanto nostalgia goggles...
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2434 posts
2558 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
MercadorHG wrote: You shouldn't buy this crap, this isn't a real pokemon game.
Its still fun to play once through, then it's meh. Gotta play it in handheld mode, way better experience.
Member
Mar 13, 2010
495 posts
258 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
cookedDeals wrote: Added to OP!
Should also include that it's for used copies as it says "playd" below the price in the flyer
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jun 16, 2008
881 posts
787 upvotes
d_bomb_23 wrote: Should also include that it's for used copies as it says "playd" below the price in the flyer
Good catch, updated.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 30, 2013
3727 posts
3851 upvotes
Ottawa
Steins;Gate Elite is $55 (Switch and PS4).

Great visual novel. One of the best anime of all time.
You're basically getting the full visual novel experience with the anime visuals. Kind of revolutionary as far as the VN genre goes.
Tampa Bay Lightning2020 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
The Last of Us Part II - Game of the Year 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 - Game of the Year 2021 - calling it now.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2434 posts
2558 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Lol, page 3 of the flyer, right after the Sims 4 game, they go full on French wording and pricing for the controller and biogenik players pack. Lol. They have the worst marketing ever. Love it

Also that wonder woman stapler for 19.99 is really 9.99 on their site when you click it. Does the edge membership discount apply to staplers?
Member
Aug 8, 2017
364 posts
238 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Anyone know of the biogenik ps4 players pack is any good? Is it bad quality?
Newbie
Jul 4, 2018
48 posts
82 upvotes
That mewtwo look like someone got him from an ancient tomb.
Sr. Member
Mar 23, 2017
656 posts
1189 upvotes
Toronto
I'm curious about the 25% extra trade in credit.... last I heard it was $150 credit for the one s, so could you swap that for the fallout one x to get a better deal than the $350 + trade in they're mentioning?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1200 posts
823 upvotes
Quebec City
ChippewaBarr wrote: I've played every gen of Pokemon save some re-releases and actually disagree. Roaming 'mons need to be a thing as opposed to random encounters (or have it as an option?).

But I will agree that the catching mechanic is balls. If they literally had just changed that, it would have been perfect to me.

Then again, maybe that's just my Kanto nostalgia goggles...
junglemage666 wrote: Its still fun to play once through, then it's meh. Gotta play it in handheld mode, way better experience.
It could be great to anyone that never played a Pokemon main game but even then, 60$ is still too much for what is worth imo.
Jr. Member
May 26, 2013
122 posts
145 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
COD WW2 is the deal here, if only because of the campaign (and Nazi zombies).

Pokemon Let's Go is garbage; we got 1 of each for the kids and even their underdeveloped sense of franchise value sensed it was a half assed effort.

Top