Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

EB Games Controller Trade In Thursday, Sept 20

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2018 10:00 am
Dec 28, 2012
630 posts
542 upvotes
OTTAWA
beautiful, picked up 3 DS3 off kijiji yesterday in anticipation for this
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
How many controllers can I trade in? I got 5 or 6 of the ps3 and xbox 360.
Sep 28, 2017
704 posts
472 upvotes
just a heads up, the EB games locations in st. kitts and falls now have a unit that tests controllers for full activity. they sync up through bluetooth and then it walks them through the buttons and joystick movements and then tells them what has issues. not sure if this is a test before rolling out or only select locations (corporate run?) but i was in both yesterday and they were using them to test out store to store shipped junk. not sure if they will be using them for upcoming promos.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Dec 11, 2010
844 posts
308 upvotes
Saskatchewan
BrandyR16704 wrote: Does the PS4 controllers have to be in wotking condition
Yes and No, as long as the controller looks fine and no stick missing etc then you may be a good chance.
Most locations don't bother to plug it in and test it, especially if you are a frequent customer there, they don't have a reason to fully test things you trade in.
There were times they didn't even check the disc in the box when I traded in a game (should have gave them empty boxes lol).
If you live around a few ebgame stores nearby, you can go to another store if one store checks it and deny it.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2466 posts
788 upvotes
YMMV but i was told that as long as they look fine and they are not falling apart they will take them without testing them.

FYI only original controllers, no after market ones

BTW would anybody be interested in buying 4x PS3 controllers at $20 each?
i rather get $80 cash than $100 store credit.
you can use them or just trade them in yourself at $25 a pop :)
Last edited by redkid on Sep 19th, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2668 posts
1400 upvotes
North York
Looks like they are running this promo every month. I have been trading in like new controllers.

I will hold on to mine now.
Nov 28, 2010
654 posts
415 upvotes
Cjohnson202 wrote: Tempted to trade my Day One controller for $25
Last promo I traded two release day PS4 controller. Yielded 90
Jan 15, 2009
99 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
xpressmerchant wrote: How many controllers can I trade in? I got 5 or 6 of the ps3 and xbox 360.
According to EB Games, you can trade in more than one, up to the maximum controllers the console can support when turned on. But I suppose a way to work around that is to go to different EB Games to trade in
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
yahooyan wrote: According to EB Games, you can trade in more than one, up to the maximum controllers the console can support when turned on. But I suppose a way to work around that is to go to different EB Games to trade in
Probably 4 per machine I am assuming. Go to different EB games? Don't they require your account so that won't work.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12069 upvotes
Toronto
No way I’d touch their used controllers with all the launch, worn and busted controllers being traded in lol
Mar 30, 2008
426 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op. Going to trade in some old ones and then wait for the funky colours to go on sale on Black Friday week.
Nov 8, 2013
642 posts
476 upvotes
half of my ps4 left stick grip is off, do they accep those? Also for the controllers do you have to give the usb cable ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
This promo is a reminder of how stupid I was a few months ago.

I traded in my PS3 for just $40. Basically the console was $15!!!
Jun 21, 2011
177 posts
171 upvotes
Ottawa
unimus wrote: Thanks op. Going to trade in some old ones and then wait for the funky colours to go on sale on Black Friday week.
Any idea what they'll go for? I'd like to trade in one of my original controllers, but there's no way I'm buying another at $75.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
4046 posts
1304 upvotes
Toronto
AnthonyE wrote: Any idea what they'll go for? I'd like to trade in one of my original controllers, but there's no way I'm buying another at $75.

Probably $49.99
Sep 27, 2017
210 posts
491 upvotes
i have two controllers where at least one thumbgrip is pulled off, will they take those? Great condition otherwise.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
I have a two with ripped thumbs (launch controllers)

Just did a quick search and found these on Amazon. Works out to less than $2 a controller since its a 10 pack.

It won't arrive in time to trade in those controllers, but I'll likely order just to clean them up (and wait for the next trade in deal)

I tried some rubber grips you put over top but I don't like them.

Adding extra triggers as well since the L2 is shot on them also (I play defense in NHL EASHL so it's used all the time!)

Who knows, maybe I'll offer to repair others for $5 a shot to cover my expenses ;)
Mar 30, 2008
426 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
AnthonyE wrote: Any idea what they'll go for? I'd like to trade in one of my original controllers, but there's no way I'm buying another at $75.
Usually $50. Hopefully EB doesn't play the game again where the prices differ depending on the colour.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)