• Feb 18th, 2019 4:32 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
2795 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
putty3d wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 8:30 pm
I decided to return New Dawn unopened and get a $50 PSN card instead. I was also given $6.50 cash to cover the tax!

I don't normally deal with EB Games, but this was a great deal for me.
junglemage666 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 8:57 pm
the trick is, cancel the preorder, without giving a receipt for the original trade in towards that preorder. Just give your number or edge card, and cancel to get full value. IF you present a receipt to them showing you traded 1 game towards it, they could make them try to reduce the value.

Nice, man you guys got good csrs.

The ones at my eB games are hard core.

They don't give extra credit or money back and if I don't have a receipt they go into the transaction and see how the original one was done. Hardcore investigators lol
May 26, 2011
109 posts
113 upvotes
I just did the same thing. It felt amazing essentially trading in Shadow of the Tomb Raider (bought it for $30 plus tax at Christmas) for $50. They didn't even hesitate to give me the full $50 as store credit for Far Cry New Dawn.
Banned
Feb 10, 2019
27 posts
40 upvotes
undacova wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 1:12 pm
Lol none of you actually looked at the receipt,

Op straight up cancelled his deposit, didn't trade in the game. Worked for op might not work for others as hero cars exist that will go back and see how you got that $50 and undo the trade if that is what happened

Which makes this further from a deal.

You’ve always been able to do this.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1186 posts
224 upvotes
Basically you wasted a trade + 34$ for an old wii u port.

Should have kept Far Cry and then trade it back. I'm playing it right now and it's great!
[OP]
Mar 23, 2008
332 posts
478 upvotes
GTA
People do not read posts. I said it was only really a deal who took advantage of the trade deal last week.

To all the users who said this is a standard trade then WHY THE HELL DID YOU NOT ANSWER all the questions about it in the previous post, you guys seem to only love to bash then help. Not one post said it was guaranteed to be able to get FULL $50 credit trade in. Bunch of useless posts you guys have to share *(yes like this one too but its all you folks seem to like on this forum)*. Had I known I would've traded a few to get the $50 credit on old games.

All the game related choice posts: It was a condition on getting the switch, I satisfy the wife so I can then buy whatever the hell I want next game purchase. Incoming smash bro and Zelda for me. If you are married you might understand the universal law, Happy wife happy life. Hopefully someday you will grow up and if you don't have something nice to say, shut the hell up.
Jun 16, 2009
848 posts
748 upvotes
Scorpiate wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 5:50 am
People do not read posts. I said it was only really a deal who took advantage of the trade deal last week.
Yup, I got it, and so did a few others with literacy skills. But don't take a majority of users personal on RFD. Most who respond have to bash or Downvote right away, its juat a knee-jerk reaction. Not enough love from their parents when growing up I guess, but I'm not a psychiatrist so what do I know.

You'll also notice a trend of who the regular bashers are. For more hints, check out how many times they have even posted a useful deal, and how many upvotes they give in total. Many are lurkers who only stick their head out to say how everything everyone does sucks.

Welcome to RFD, where downvotes and bashing are the currency of choice. Just keep posting deals, upvote good ones, and ignore the trolls.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
2795 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpiate wrote:

To all the users who said this is a standard trade then WHY THE HELL DID YOU NOT ANSWER all the questions about it in the previous post, you guys seem to only love to bash then help. Not one post said it was guaranteed to be able to get FULL $50 credit trade in. Bunch of useless posts you guys have to share *(yes like this one too but its all you folks seem to like on this forum)*. Had I known I would've traded a few to get the $50 credit on old games.

All the game related choice posts: It was a condition on getting the switch, I satisfy the wife so I can then buy whatever the hell I want next game purchase. Incoming smash bro and Zelda for me. If you are married you might understand the universal law, Happy wife happy life. Hopefully someday you will grow up and if you don't have something nice to say, shut the hell up.
Because it's not guaranteed, the fact is you got a good csr interms of not wanting to check etc. Some csrs actually go into the transaction and see how you got that $50 deposit.

So it's definitely YMMV,

Say you still had the deposit and went back but a different csr was there they might check your initial trade and see that it was a special promo towards far cry and tell you that you either pickup far cry or get your initial trade $ back.

For people saying this is normal, it is on a regular deposit but the ones that are specific promos like trade X get it free aren't normal deposits. You will most likely get it as most csrs don't check but the ones near me are hardcore CSIs and will even look at security footage to determine the clothes I wore the day I did the trade lol
Jul 9, 2009
145 posts
84 upvotes
Cornwall
junglemage666 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 8:57 pm
the trick is, cancel the preorder, without giving a receipt for the original trade in towards that preorder. Just give your number or edge card, and cancel to get full value. IF you present a receipt to them showing you traded 1 game towards it, they could make them try to reduce the value.
I didn't cancel mine. When I picked up the game, I got a new receipt that simply stated the price of 49.99 and that it was paid in full. That's the receipt I gave when returning the game.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2956 posts
1499 upvotes
Canada
Scorpiate wrote:

You lost me when you started talking about your wife, lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1943 posts
720 upvotes
FWIW I picked up my copy today and was told this is not eligible for the satisfaction guarantee because it was purchased through this trade in promotion.

YMMV.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3759 posts
2044 upvotes
Scorpiate wrote:

1. This is huge YMMV and no different than preorder cancel, satisfaction guaranteed, or straight up regular return.

2. You posted this after the trade promo ended.

Therefore not a hot deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2010
2558 posts
336 upvotes
Brampton
Had no issues moving my preorder of far cry to another preorder.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4184 posts
2008 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Has anyone decided to actually keep and play it? Its pretty good
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6032 posts
1732 upvotes
Montreal
Melkor wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 5:35 pm
Play games? Wrong forum
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2010
2558 posts
336 upvotes
Brampton
Melkor wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 5:35 pm
Eventually will but I see this game becoming $20 real soon and have other games in my backlog.