Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] EB Games minimum $10 trade January 17th only

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 6:02 am
Feb 26, 2008
430 posts
343 upvotes
Surrey
Went to Willowbrook mall in langley. Took my trades no problem. I have the money in a gift card.

Killzone
Star Wars battlefront 1
Rainbow six seige
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3653 posts
1992 upvotes
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 12:40 pm
He can go to multiple stores and multiple trips in his area. No problem in doing what he did. I would have done the same had I had the right kind of money and cared enough when there were cheap copies of Titanfall 2 at Dollarama in my area but not only did money kind of get me ... eh really it is sad to admit this as an RFDer but I got soft and thought I'd let others during the Xmas shopping time of year get their hands on the copies too. Damn I have become nicer / weaker. : S Also got to say honestly that with there not being much out there I want new or used and having a backlog4life not as much motivation to get more games. I also tend to buy 2nd copies now still hoping to get my son and other family to play games with me. Not working out as well as I would like but partly my fault lately.
Maybe during the golden days of trading at eb but now everything is linked between the stores with the edge card. Unless if you bring your mom dad grandpa
Nov 22, 2013
543 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto
Well I got a sweet surprise tonight. Never since the game had been out for awhile did I see a new or used copy of Zelda Breath of the Wild on shelves for Wii U but finally today when going in for this $10 bump promo they had Zelda Breath of the Wild used. WooooooOooOooOOo! There are only so many titles I want for the Wii U and I got the three main games I wanted for it now after this. I traded in 2 games I got for $4 or so each. Titanfall 2 and Destiny 2 for Xbox One and got $20 off so $28.24 after tax for the game I wanted. Yeah I could have traded other games around that I have to get the thing for close to free or free but like my library of games and to get some of them cheap again as new physical copies or close to it used eh no guarantee so I kept them. Anyway thanks OP for sharing this offer and for people mentioning what games could and could not be traded in. : ) So happy to get Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. I rented it like twice for sure at Family Video in the past and loved it and had to have it. Btw not a big fan at all of the Zelda series but this and Windwaker HD are two I definitely like.
Feb 24, 2006
43 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds like a successful day for most.

I Traded in a number of ps4 games including the show 17 (didnt get the $10 bump, but went for $5) that i dont play anymore or have on PS plus. I ended up getting PS Network and Netflix cards.

The fact i could trade in games for gift cards (netflix, itunes, visa, mastercard etc) shocks me. Yes, i know they make recurring revenue with the used games (wont say recycled), but why allow anyone to get gift cards that you will spend elsewhere? Might as well have given me cash.

Is the used game market “that” lucrative or im the minority that doesnt put credit back into the store?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
6860 posts
2824 upvotes
Traded Has-Been-Heroes and Killzone: Shadow Fall, both of which I got for $2.50 USD at GameStop.... both were listed as $9.00 bonus so I assume they had $1 TIVs?

I don't ever trade-in games, but when I do I profit....
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1153 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
Picked up about 6 xbox1 games and 4x ps4 games from a couple sellers on kijiji for 60.00 brought em all in to my local EB store manager took all games including titles like asassins creed unity, black ops 3, far cry 4 et. Etc.
Came aways with 120.00 store credit de ided to place it on a CE of Re2 that I had recently threw on 135.00 on from last weeks EB power bump trade event. Also have another re2 regular copy since I had a former 54.00 credit from some other trade event during the fall.
So sitting on 2x re2 copies as of right now but in store manager says if I don't want the games when it launches I can just keep moving it to item to item.
So sitting on 319.00ish of instore credit and still debating on a PsVr..
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11173 posts
2152 upvotes
Toronto
I went to two EB Games stores in the afternoon, traded in one a copy of PS4 TF 2 for $10 on my Edge card...and l went to another store and traded a second copy of PS4 TF 2 and a copy of PlayStation VR Worlds (which I got for $2 new) for $10 each again on my Edge card. So racked up a nice $30 for games that cost me $11.30 with tax. Not bad at all! Smiling Face With Open Mouth Ok Hand Sign
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Nov 7, 2018
70 posts
61 upvotes
Thanks OP! Got $80 from TF2 (4x XBONE and 4x PS4). Went to 4 locations and sold 2 copies each.

I handed out TF2 to family and friends like no tomorrow over the holidays. Karma must be real cause the leftovers helped me almost break even (less GST).
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11173 posts
2152 upvotes
Toronto
witenite wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:49 pm
Maybe during the golden days of trading at eb but now everything is linked between the stores with the edge card. Unless if you bring your mom dad grandpa
Well, I just traded 2 copies of TF 2 at two different EB Games stores for credit on my Edge card without any issues. Also, even if you were to be denied at the other store...if you don't want to be tracked, you can just go to another store and get a gift card for the amount credited instead..then you get credit but they can't track you if you don't give them your Edge card.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10512 posts
5612 upvotes
Oil Country
Traded in Wipeout Omega Collection and the Uncharted Collection for $10 each, and put it towards a $25 Cineplex gift card. Paid $9.96 for Wipeout and $9.99 for Uncharted both brand new. Ended up buying both from the PS Store for less than that a while back. Also got upgraded to an EB Edge Gold membership.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
6860 posts
2824 upvotes
sixshot28 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 1:03 am
Picked up about 6 xbox1 games and 4x ps4 games from a couple sellers on kijiji for 60.00 brought em all in to my local EB store manager took all games including titles like asassins creed unity, black ops 3, far cry 4 et. Etc.
Came aways with 120.00 store credit de ided to place it on a CE of Re2 that I had recently threw on 135.00 on from last weeks EB power bump trade event. Also have another re2 regular copy since I had a former 54.00 credit from some other trade event during the fall.
So sitting on 2x re2 copies as of right now but in store manager says if I don't want the games when it launches I can just keep moving it to item to item.
So sitting on 319.00ish of instore credit and still debating on a PsVr..
If you're thinking PSVR, consider Ace Combat 7 that came out today too. :)
Feb 1, 2013
169 posts
65 upvotes
vrredflag wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 3:12 pm
didn't you have to go to eb in the town of selkirk to trade used stuff? winnipeg by laws prohibited eb from accepting used things for trade, or is that just for controllers?
I received clarification on trades. Games can be traded in and the credits can be used towards anything. However, if you are trading in an accessory (e.g. controller), it has to go towards a similar accessory. I traded in 1 game yesterday towards a Funko Pop. Lol
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3653 posts
1992 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 2:44 am
Well, I just traded 2 copies of TF 2 at two different EB Games stores for credit on my Edge card without any issues. Also, even if you were to be denied at the other store...if you don't want to be tracked, you can just go to another store and get a gift card for the amount credited instead..then you get credit but they can't track you if you don't give them your Edge card.
You have to show Id, it is tracked, it’s up the eb superhero clerk to say something
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1153 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
SoroSuub1 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 9:46 am
If you're thinking PSVR, consider Ace Combat 7 that came out today too. :)
What's the best combo unit avalible??
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11173 posts
2152 upvotes
Toronto
witenite wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 10:07 am
You have to show Id, it is tracked, it’s up the eb superhero clerk to say something
Nobody said anything, and it showed them everything on screen that I had traded a previous copy of TF2 same day, the Manager even saw it and said nothing about it.