• Jan 19th, 2019 6:02 am
Apr 15, 2007
987 posts
225 upvotes
Richmond Hill
PMking wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:21 am
I'll give you 10$for that
If you're serious and would like to pick it up feel free to PM me. I'm located in Richmond Hill
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3085 posts
258 upvotes
Surprised they aren’t taking last years sports games like NHL 18. Have a few others to trade in so I might try it anyway.
Mar 28, 2016
98 posts
27 upvotes
Traded in Evil Within 2, Need for Speed Payback and COD WW2.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1022 posts
609 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I honestly wonder if whoever sets up these promos even pays attention to what they're doing, or if they're purposely taking margin hits on TF2/BF2/Division/etc in hopes it makes people bring in more games with better $$$ value.

TF2, BF2, and the Division are all games they've sold for $9.99 used either on Black Friday or Boxing Day. Hell I think TF2 for PS4 was like $7?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1477 posts
720 upvotes
Markham
BF2 trade-in normally is $2. I got it for $9.99+tax but didn’t really like it so I was fine trading this in.

TF2 I am sure is great but it was probably going to sit around collecting dust so it was nice to get a little more than twice what I paid.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Jan 6, 2015
85 posts
25 upvotes
Québec
damn, i'll try trading in my Battlefield Hardline and BF1 copy after work.
Nov 22, 2013
360 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
witenite wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 4:07 pm
Found the hoarder...
Good luck trying to trade in multiples
He can go to multiple stores and multiple trips in his area. No problem in doing what he did. I would have done the same had I had the right kind of money and cared enough when there were cheap copies of Titanfall 2 at Dollarama in my area but not only did money kind of get me ... eh really it is sad to admit this as an RFDer but I got soft and thought I'd let others during the Xmas shopping time of year get their hands on the copies too. Damn I have become nicer / weaker. : S Also got to say honestly that with there not being much out there I want new or used and having a backlog4life not as much motivation to get more games. I also tend to buy 2nd copies now still hoping to get my son and other family to play games with me. Not working out as well as I would like but partly my fault lately.
Last edited by LetsMakeADeal2013 on Jan 17th, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 24, 2015
349 posts
197 upvotes
Durham Region
jules6565 wrote: damn, i'll try trading in my Battlefield Hardline and BF1 copy after work.
They took hardline earlier
Apr 6, 2017
545 posts
317 upvotes
Westmount, QC
chemicalxv wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 12:34 pm
I honestly wonder if whoever sets up these promos even pays attention to what they're doing, or if they're purposely taking margin hits on TF2/BF2/Division/etc in hopes it makes people bring in more games with better $$$ value.

TF2, BF2, and the Division are all games they've sold for $9.99 used either on Black Friday or Boxing Day. Hell I think TF2 for PS4 was like $7?

Yep,
It's instore credit, so you have to buy there.
It makes you discover the shop.

I generally don't pay full price for games, but I traded in many games and had too much credits. I got a few at launch with that.
I know I can have better deals if I went through kijiji, but the hassle is too big for the difference.

Those deals made me discover EBGames and now I almost always buy there. For equal deals, I go to EBGames.
Oct 12, 2003
632 posts
130 upvotes
Moose Jaw
I was going to trade in a bunch of Xbox One games towards a PS4. Now I'm thinking I'd like to pre order against the next XBox console. I wonder if there's anything in their system that would allow me to put my credit towards the next upcoming console.
Dec 5, 2006
202 posts
189 upvotes
TedEdFred wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 12:56 pm
I was going to trade in a bunch of Xbox One games towards a PS4. Now I'm thinking I'd like to pre order against the next XBox console. I wonder if there's anything in their system that would allow me to put my credit towards the next upcoming console.
They won't have the upcoming consoles in their system just yet since they haven't been officially announced, but you can always put the credit towards a pre-order for a game that hasn't been released yet that is in their system (preferably a game that you expect won't be coming out in a long time like Death Stranding), then move the credit over whenever the new consoles show up in their system.

You may get a hero who might deny you transferring over the credit, but as long as the initial credit you got was not towards something that had a trade promo, which is the case here, then you should be able to do the transfer no problem.

I think even if you put it towards a pre-order and don't pick the game up when it comes out, your credit stays in their system at whichever store you did the trade at.
Jul 21, 2009
75 posts
45 upvotes
Alberta
Just went and they took everything except titan fall 2. System said it was under sport games but cashier said its most likely because they got too many.
Jul 21, 2009
75 posts
45 upvotes
Alberta
KyleG39654 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:58 am
Is that watchdog 1? I bought a used one long time ago and it is still unopened... Maybe worth trading in
Just traded mine in. got 25 cents and 9.75 promo bump
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1065 posts
538 upvotes
St Catharines
krazi3azn wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 1:51 pm
Just went and they took everything except titan fall 2. System said it was under sport games but cashier said its most likely because they got too many.
Nooooooo...say it ain't so!
May 30, 2011
779 posts
1031 upvotes
Update: I just traded in Destiny 2 and got a $9 bump. So they do accept it!