Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] [EB Games] Minimum $10 traded in XB1, PS4 or Nintendo Switch games. October 10 only

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2019 10:38 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6346 posts
2229 upvotes
Montreal
Batarang wrote:
3 games at $1 can pay off a preorder? Or no?
No, you cannot mix promotions.

It won’t count for a trade 3
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3314 posts
3083 upvotes
Ottawa
cashinstinct wrote: No, you cannot mix promotions.

It won’t count for a trade 3
Figures, only really hot if you need to dump turds then. Not so great for me.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Guru
Aug 30, 2009
10276 posts
2120 upvotes
Aurora
Batarang wrote: Figures, only really hot if you need to dump turds then. Not so great for me.
Even then you want to get your $$ out as fast as possible as I don't know how much more life span EB games has lol.
signature removed for rule violations
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3314 posts
3083 upvotes
Ottawa
yoda12320 wrote: Even then you want to get your $$ out as fast as possible as I don't know how much more life span EB games has lol.
There's only a few games like Killzone SF and Watch Dogs that I would consider dumping. Anything else has more value than $10 for me.

And that's a selection from 60+ physical games. :(
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4327 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
Batarang wrote: To be completely honest, I don't think I have any games that I would dump for $10. Even though I would love to unload a few and pay less for Atelier Ryza.

3 games at $1 can pay off a preorder? Or no?
It doesn't stack with the pre-order promo.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2605 posts
843 upvotes
Chatham
Batarang wrote: There's only a few games like Killzone SF and Watch Dogs that I would consider dumping. Anything else has more value than $10 for me.

And that's a selection from 60+ physical games. :(
Shadowfall doesn't come up on their EB TIV link. Is it YMMV, or does that mean it won't be accepted I wonder?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2009
1007 posts
122 upvotes
yoda12320 wrote: Even then you want to get your $$ out as fast as possible as I don't know how much more life span EB games has lol.
we shouldn't LOL at this.
All of us are better off with EB here.
Nov 26, 2012
21 posts
8 upvotes
London
zylonite wrote: do they still take Destiny 1
No they do not. Tried during their last promotion.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2874 posts
2497 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
stulec52 wrote: we shouldn't LOL at this.
All of us are better off with EB here.
I've honestly given up trying to explain it. I have literally used EB to get people selling their games on Kijiji to lower the price multiple times.

Also just for the record, if your game has a TIV of $7 or higher it's better to use a 50% boost day instead of this one, because with the 50% boost you get more than $10. This is good for TIVs of $6.50 or less.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
17004 posts
4713 upvotes
Furiken wrote: No they do not. Tried during their last promotion.
I'll check D2 then. Still have lots of those from when they had the $4 sale on them. Also will have to check The Evil Within 2 from when it was on sale at $6. Is it considered duplication if the games are on different systems (XB1 and PS4)? Store will be open soon, so I can check for sure I suppose...

D2 not on the list. Odd that Evil Within 2 is worth less than Evil Within 1. Lots of other games but things like Overwatch it's best to keep since it's trade in value seems to be about as much as what they will give you in trade anway...
Last edited by DougO on Oct 8th, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
17004 posts
4713 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: I've honestly given up trying to explain it. I have literally used EB to get people selling their games on Kijiji to lower the price multiple times.

Also just for the record, if your game has a TIV of $7 or higher it's better to use a 50% boost day instead of this one, because with the 50% boost you get more than $10. This is good for TIVs of $6.50 or less.
These days they don't seem to have those very often, even when a lot of new games are coming out, like now. What we have is probably the best we'll get before Christmas...
Oct 17, 2006
736 posts
64 upvotes
Awesome. Time to get rid of Halo 5 and COD WW2.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7938 posts
2631 upvotes
Toronto
So the 3DS is dead, yeah? Need to unload some games on kijiji I guess.
Nov 8, 2007
527 posts
175 upvotes
I'm going to roll the dice on this dropping off the turds for a TLOU2 pre-order; ND being one of the few companies that I don't mind pre-ordering.
Hopefully the holiday season will provide enough of a boost for EB to stay afloat beyond Q1 2020 but unfortunately the outlook beyond that is pretty bleak.