Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] EB games Monopoly $5 Fridays (January 18, 2019)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 10:25 am
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13882 posts
4091 upvotes
Montreal
Genki21 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 11:20 am
How many more Fridays will have sales?
Genki21 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 11:21 am
How long are they doing their $5 Fridays?
Apparently this is an on-going sale.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2577 posts
796 upvotes
Da boot
Themed Monopoly games are lower effort/more soulless than Funko Pop dolls, and thats saying something.
Nov 3, 2015
247 posts
48 upvotes
Clarkson, ON
Thanks OP. Snagged a COD and a Nightmare version from the store near work.
Mar 12, 2017
201 posts
433 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
People in BC are vultures for deals like this and horde. Good luck finding one at any EB in town. There will be lots on ebay.ca or Craigslist soon.
[OP]
Dec 22, 2017
47 posts
29 upvotes
If some one is going to buy at store today evening just don't rely on what the store availability at website..last time when I planned to buy it went out of stock then again showed stock availability. Store didn't picked my call so went in person they said no stock..Their website says store availbilty shows green even if the stock is on transit.

Believe me I guess they plan it upfront to keep limited quantities for sale ..
Nov 3, 2015
247 posts
48 upvotes
Clarkson, ON
kk2018 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 11:54 am
If some one is going to buy at store today evening just don't rely on what the store availability at website..last time when I planned to buy it went out of stock then again showed stock availability. Store didn't picked my call so went in person they said no stock..Their website says store availbilty shows green even if the stock is on transit.

The store I went to showed Riverdale in stock but didn't have any. Picked up the last COD and Nightmare pieces but it still shows in stock. Maybe their updates are slow.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2123 posts
1441 upvotes
SW Ontario
Thx OP.

Picked up the last 2 Black Ops at my local EB.
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13063 posts
3683 upvotes
Toronto
kk2018 wrote:

Likely employees hoarding or stock being held for other people.
Jan 17, 2018
60 posts
52 upvotes
Is the store availability checker on their website accurate? It lists the Riverdale and Call of Duty in stock at many GTA locations, and I doubt that they really are there.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13063 posts
3683 upvotes
Toronto
CLMF9867 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 12:34 pm
Is the store availability checker on their website accurate? It lists the Riverdale and Call of Duty in stock at many GTA locations, and I doubt that they really are there.
See my post above, just because the website shows stock, doesn't mean that it will be there available to buy.
Jun 2, 2011
211 posts
161 upvotes
Accurate to the day maybe, but not real-time. Rolling into the afternoon there now, I would say call first if not close or you may waste your time.

As for BC hoarding - true. But I checked a bunch of this deal out last night and many bc stores never had stock, and online sold out immediately so there was only a couple there as well.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1001 posts
635 upvotes
Vancouver
CLMF9867 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 12:34 pm
Inaccurate. Last month when EB Games had a crap ton of Funko Pops for $5, I asked the store clerk to check inventory for certain pops I wanted. Suffice to say, most, if not all the pops had either 1 in store (meaning it could be in the store somewhere and it couldn't) or they were sold out and the staff mentioned it was already sold out early in the morning. Their Store Availability checker won't ever be accurate until they can implement a better system to show accurate information.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
1841 posts
1418 upvotes
GTA
kk2018 wrote:

It's not planned that way. The items they put in the $5 Fridays are mostly low stock and/or slow moving items that they want to clear out.
Last edited by tew on Jan 18th, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2825 posts
1520 upvotes
mikebc wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 9:57 am
FWIW I stilll haven't received the Funco's I ordered over a month ago (Dec 15 irc) on the last posted Friday deal. Between EB taking weeks to fulfill the order and Purolator sending it in circles, who knows what's going on. I got my tracking code last Friday.
I received 4 total our of 18.. all shipped in different packages at different times. I have had 3 cancelled also. This is the first time I've had a problem with EB Games orders taking forever.