Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

EB Games PSVR Trade-in Deal - Trade 5 for Core $249 Bundle $399

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2017 9:42 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1823 posts
589 upvotes

[EB Games] EB Games PSVR Trade-in Deal - Trade 5 for Core $249 Bundle $399

With the PSVR deals looks like EB Games has one for trade 5 for PSVR core for $249.99 or PSVR bundle for $399.99.

Eligible titles can be found here:

https://www.ebgames.ca/Recycled%20Offer ... led%20Link

Might be a good deal for some.
46 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1596 posts
1078 upvotes
Canada
The bundle is $699, so that's $300 off the bundle. $300/5 = $60 trade in value per game. That's hot!
Nov 13, 2016
445 posts
222 upvotes
There must be a price drop coming soon from Sony. I bought one when all the hype and talk was there, now it's just sitting in the corner collecting dust. To say I'm disappointed with this product would be an understatement.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2006
2962 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto ontario
Just needs that one killer app
"Truth is High, Higher Still is Truthful Living" Guru Nanak
Nov 24, 2016
207 posts
191 upvotes
I use mine all the time, and starting to have a backlog already. Just picked up a Pro from trading in my OG PS4 and many games look much sharper! Everytime when I have guests over they always ask to play with my PSVR so it's a great party machine.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
4050 posts
805 upvotes
Windsor
tonedcarrot wrote: There must be a price drop coming soon from Sony. I bought one when all the hype and talk was there, now it's just sitting in the corner collecting dust. To say I'm disappointed with this product would be an understatement.
Really?

Love mine.... have a huge backlog!

Farpoint is probably one of the best gaming experiences I've had in 35 years of gaming!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1823 posts
589 upvotes
I had the Samsung VR when I got my S7 edge.

Please tell me psvr is better?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Same here, love mine!!!!

Owning both a RIft & Vive....I always laugh a bit when I put on my PSVR and marvel at the much lower screen-door effect due to the RGB sub-pixel display.....Sony nailed it!!!!!!

Not only is it first gen hardware, but it's first gen hardware which has MASSIVE potential, fingers crossed that they continue to innovate and not abandon it....but...well, ya know....Sony.

P.S. On the off chance that anyone here owns the Asian version of DOAX3 Vollyball, they've released the VR add-on as a FREE download until Aug 31st, then will start charging for it after that date.

You'll need a Hong Kong account in order to DL it, but that's free to make as well, just Google how to make a PSN account for other regions.

Unfortunately the actual vollyball portion isn't playable in VR (yet?), but hey....can't complain about a free VR add-on to a game which is almost 1 1/2 years old now!

"*Owners of the full version of the "DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune" are able to download the "VR Passport" inside the game for Free for a limited time.
Free Download Period: August 3rd 2017 - August 31th 2017.
*To download the "VR Passport" from inside the game, access the PlayStation®Store by selecting the appropriate option in the dialog box which will appear when you select "VR Paradise" in the Title Menu. This is the only way to download the "VR Passport" for Free.
*You must own PlayStation®VR to access the "VR Paradise".
*The latest patch is required to access this content. Please perform the latest title update before use.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1596 posts
1078 upvotes
Canada
Woah! wrote: P.S. On the off chance that anyone here owns the Asian version of DOAX3 Vollyball, they've released the VR add-on as a FREE download until Aug 31st, then will start charging for it after that date.

You'll need a Hong Kong account in order to DL it, but that's free to make as well, just Google how to make a PSN account for other regions.
Is the VR add-on also free for the Free-to-Play version of DOAX3? Or just the full version of the game?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
fujiapplelover wrote: Is the VR add-on also free for the Free-to-Play version of DOAX3? Or just the full version of the game?
I dunno....but I doubt it.

I think it's being offered free for a limited time (one month) as a bonus to people who purchased the full version of the game.

I see a bundle of the free-to-play version along with the VR Passport for HK$104, which it looks like is around $16.50 CAD.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-hk/ ... RPASS00000

Japan had the add-on first, and now finally it has arrived for the Asian (English subbed) version.

I've owned it on disc for about a year now, purchased online in Canada from Video Games Plus, but they've been OOS stock for a while now....it may have been a one time offering.
https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_i ... s_id=23705

Too bad it was never offered in North America, but it's not surprising.
Nov 28, 2010
598 posts
370 upvotes
For those of you that have it, how easy/pain in the ass is it to use the PSVR for PC gaming. I've got 5 eligible 3DS games that I don't use at all, i've been keeping a close eyes on Occulus rifts on kijiji for my racing simulator (Assetto Corsa VR). If it's not too much of a hassle to use the PSVR for PC gaming, I might give it a try.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
slitcher wrote: For those of you that have it, how easy/pain in the ass is it to use the PSVR for PC gaming. I've got 5 eligible 3DS games that I don't use at all, i've been keeping a close eyes on Occulus rifts on kijiji for my racing simulator (Assetto Corsa VR). If it's not too much of a hassle to use the PSVR for PC gaming, I might give it a try.

Thanks
For the PC, don't waste your time or money on a PSVR.
I tried TrinusVR and it was horrible.
The PSVR is fantastic on a PS4 Pro, as intended.

I'm a fellow Assetto Corsa player as well, and I can highly recommend just waiting for a Rift when the opportunity arises.
VR for racing/flight sims is life altering, LOL!!!!!!
Apr 8, 2005
909 posts
621 upvotes
I'm sort of tempted by this Core deal. I already have a launch edition PS4, a PS4 camera, and two move controllers. The problem is that I prefer gaming on the xbox, and my PC is VR compatible too though I barely game on it lately. I am curious to try VR though.

- I wish Microsoft's roadmap was more clear. It looks like the new Acer hardware may not be Steam compatible, and Microsoft isn't sharing any more news until 2018 in any case.
- this link suggests the PSVR can be hacked to use with Steam: http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/plays ... ial.43808/ I wonder how well it works.
- for the people in this thread who bought a PSVR and don't like it, is it gathering dust because the resale market is that bad? Seems like you should be able to unload it if you're unhappy.
- I am encouraged by Woah! and the people who enjoy the PSVR games that are available
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2002 posts
2891 upvotes
Getting $60 for your games is amazing. Very good deal.
Mar 3, 2014
60 posts
64 upvotes
Good deal. As someone else said, maybe there's a price drop incoming.

I haven't used mine for a while as it's too effin hot but I've got loads of use out of mine, Rez and resi are two of my favourite gaming experiences ever.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
User381785 wrote: Getting $60 for your games is amazing. Very good deal.
Depends where you buy it though.

The Core system on Amazon is on sale for $399, Wal-Mart may still be the same as well.
https://www.amazon.ca/PlayStation-VR-Co ... words=psvr

If you take that price versus EB still valuing it at $549, you're really only getting $30 per game on TIV at EB.

The EB deal is less out of pocket cash up front, but if you were trading in very new releases worth more than $30/each you'd be short-changing yourself.

Now, trading in 5 turds would most likely be worth it. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
2104 posts
4794 upvotes
Woah! wrote: Depends where you buy it though.

The Core system on Amazon is on sale for $399, Wal-Mart may still be the same as well.
https://www.amazon.ca/PlayStation-VR-Co ... words=psvr

If you take that price versus EB still valuing it at $549, you're really only getting $30 per game on TIV at EB.

The EB deal is less out of pocket cash up front, but if you were trading in very new releases worth more than $30/each you'd be short-changing yourself.

Now, trading in 5 turds would most likely be worth it. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Too bad can't trade in 5 copies of Tales of Berseria that was on sale at walmart for 10$ each
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3738 posts
1543 upvotes
, ON
With all of these sale going on, it strongly suggests that something new coming up down the pipe. It could be new bundle or pricing maybe, but I don't think second edition PSVR.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)