Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

EB Games Switch Anniversary Sale (Select Switch Games)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2018 9:42 am
Dec 1, 2013
167 posts
382 upvotes

[EB Games] EB Games Switch Anniversary Sale (Select Switch Games)

EBGames have a 1 year anniversary sale on select switch games/accessories. While some are not hot and basically a copy of Bestbuy's sales, I know some of you probably have some credit banked on EBGames so it's not a bad time to purchase. Also Amazon price matched these sales, if you want an alternative:

Sonic Forces 55$ --> 40$ (Cold): https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/737674/sonic-forces

Resident Evil Revelations 50$ --> 40$ (Warm): https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/738 ... evelations

Skyrim 80$ --> 50$ (Warm): https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/737 ... s-v-skyrim

Fire Emblem Warriors 80$ --> 50$ (Warm): https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/732 ... m-warriors

Gear Club Unlimited 50$ --> 30$ (Mediocre reviews ): https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/738 ... -unlimited

Farming Simulator 60$ --> 50$ (Lukewarm): https://www.ebgames.ca/switchanniversary

Pokken Tournament 80$ --> 50$ (Warm): https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/732 ... rnament-dx
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 2nd, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer edit
27 replies
Mar 8, 2017
16 posts
10 upvotes
I've got $50 credit and I wanna get Dragon Quest Builder... dont know if i wanna keep waiting on a deal for that or get Fire Emblem Warriors (?)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
hotshotzsb79 wrote: I've got $50 credit and I wanna get Dragon Quest Builder... dont know if i wanna keep waiting on a deal for that or get Fire Emblem Warriors (?)
Is Fire Emblem good? Metacritic is 74 but I"ve never played a Warriors game so I have no idea what to expect from something like this
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
How can Skyrim for $50 be warm? Everyone with a Switch should have that game.
Board games!!!!
Mar 8, 2017
16 posts
10 upvotes
halcyon wrote: Is Fire Emblem good? Metacritic is 74 but I"ve never played a Warriors game so I have no idea what to expect from something like this
I never played it... but from the trailer it looks like Dynasty Warriors which i used to love playing... Other thing all i got at the moment on switch is Zelda... so FEWarrior would be a good change

However $50 deal means i pay only tax... meanwhile DQBuilder is $65
But DQB demo was awesome... so kind of on the fence here what to do (dont wanna spend too much ... as i just spent $65 on a switch case >.>)
Feb 13, 2018
23 posts
22 upvotes
Thanks OP but it's too bad nintendo has not taken the year opportunity to give a deal on a good game. Anyone seen good games on sale besides Mario Vs Rabbits?
Nov 24, 2014
500 posts
476 upvotes
Quebec, QC
halcyon wrote: Is Fire Emblem good? Metacritic is 74 but I"ve never played a Warriors game so I have no idea what to expect from something like this
If you like Dynasty Warriors, then you should like Fire Emblem Warriors. I'm not a hardcore "fan" of Dynasty Warriors (last one I played was 7 years ago on PS3), but it's fun to play once in a while. Fire Emblem Heroes on mobile made me "discover" the Fire Emblem Universe(s), so I enjoy battling thousands foes with my favorite heroes in FEW. I'm 90 hours in (also purchased the season pass) and still having fun leveling up my heroes and unlocking their PRF weapons :)

If you hate Dynasty Warriors games, then you'll probably hate FEW too, as it is the same kind of game play (repetitive maps/challenge/ennemies), but with a FE skin on top (Heroes, skills, weapons, Weapon Triangle Advantage, ...)
Oct 27, 2016
81 posts
98 upvotes
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: How can Skyrim for $50 be warm? Everyone with a Switch should have that game.
$50 is a good price for Switch version, however as it is a double-dip for me due to having it on PC for years, I need a lower price, probably between $30-$40 before I will bite.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1068 posts
2119 upvotes
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: How can Skyrim for $50 be warm? Everyone with a Switch should have that game.
Its A 2-3 Generation old game, with multiple ports and different editions released. There is a running joke about owning games on systems/pc ".....And Skyrim" because it has literally gone on sale on every platform for like $10 or less at some point. So unless your valuing portability as a large $40 premium. It is in fact at the very best luke warm.....
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
2008 posts
292 upvotes
Thoughts on Resident Evil Revelations ?

Reviews look good on switch, not so good on PS4
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1474 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver
dynasty warrior games are extremely niche, i LOVE japanese games but i could never get into dynasty warriors.

that said i would definitely give fire emblem warriors a try if i had a switch, because i love fire emblem and fire emblem warriors looks like it has an actual story somewhat. honestly looks like the most polished and reworked dynasty warriors game to date.
Last edited by SquirreI on Mar 2nd, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve never played Skyrim before the Switch version. And I wouldn’t have time to play on my PC or sitting on my couch to play with my PS4, or 3, or whatever came before it. The Switch lets me play it on the plane which I did, as well as on the daily train commute. I would value that much higher lol. But that’s just me.
RedSwagDeals wrote: Its A 2-3 Generation old game, with multiple ports and different editions released. There is a running joke about owning games on systems/pc ".....And Skyrim" because it has literally gone on sale on every platform for like $10 or less at some point. So unless your valuing portability as a large $40 premium. It is in fact at the very best luke warm.....
Board games!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
I dunno...after paying only $30 for a used PSVR version at my local Mom & Pop game store, playing it on the Switch would be underwhelming.

Probably not a bad deal if you wanna play it while sitting on the can. Winking Face
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2680 posts
6237 upvotes
Windsor
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: I’ve never played Skyrim before the Switch version. And I wouldn’t have time to play on my PC or sitting on my couch to play with my PS4, or 3, or whatever came before it. The Switch lets me play it on the plane which I did, as well as on the daily train commute. I would value that much higher lol. But that’s just me.
Its just you being lazy. Dont try to represent the opinions of others. Aside from portability, switch is the worst platform to play that game.
Apr 22, 2007
324 posts
159 upvotes
Markham
I have the game - I wasn't a huge fan of Dynasty Warriors game to begin with since they get rather repetitive, but was a FE fan after playing the more recent 3DS ones. I loved the game, they incorporated some FE mechanics in like the weapon triangles and supports, so I thought it made it a lot more unique compared to the original ones. Some strategy is involved (it's not a massive part) and you are able to switch between characters really quickly while directing the AI ones, so that was a step up from the original DW games. There is also a story line (not amazing in typical FE fashion), and tons of content post-campaign as well. I brought it solely as a multiplayer game to play with my SO and we enjoyed it a lot.
Jun 2, 2010
126 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto
mymuro wrote: Its just you being lazy. Dont try to represent the opinions of others. Aside from portability, switch is the worst platform to play that game.
Care to explain? Why would it be the worst platform?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2680 posts
6237 upvotes
Windsor
venroxas wrote: Care to explain? Why would it be the worst platform?
900P docked 720P undocked without mods.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2845 posts
293 upvotes
FYI This sale is Mar 2-8 and I was told in store that they will have different or additional items each day.