Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

EB GAMES trade 3 get Playstation Classic free

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2018 12:08 pm
Sep 27, 2004
747 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough
peytonpeanut2017 wrote: they didn't have the trade 3 setup in the system at the falls location. the girl had to figure out the total cost then break it down by 3 games evenly to make the trade 3 promo work. i'm sure she did it wrong as some games are actually worth more than the minimum $10. there have been times I've done the trade 3 promo and still had credit left over to use on other things in the store. so i think i might have been screwed this time.....

also, the person who said a Pi 3 had terrible lag with controllers is full of sh!t and that's more of user error in setting up things than the actual Pi 3. i use Pi's exclusively changing some retro systems over to it to include full libraries or when building my own arcade uprights and table tops. and i have NEVER had issues with controller input lag or sound/video issues at all.... this is basically a person who bought one and slapped on emulators after installing emu-station or retro pi and then never went into the settings to fine tune it. you have to fine tune them once you have it all installed and what have you. so i call BS on that statement.

also, to those out of the loop... there is bleemsync v0.4.1 which allows installation of up to 50 games so far without really hacking the system. it's all done off a USB stick. plus you can use a USB hub to use port one to host both PS controllers to have 2 players still. so this is going to be IMHO better than the NES/SNES classic as far as modding... more power and storage so you could put other emu's on it that can't be run on the Nintendo classics. so those who are narrow minded and not looking at the potential and only the actual product are missing out.

included a pic of the receipt for those curious as to how NOT to do a trade in when the system isn't setup.
Dude dont you know? I'm a paid shill by PlayStation and the classic console consortium to discredit the pi foundation. **** I've been found out.

Of course I've tinkered with the settings. I didn't originally buy the pi to emulate so that tells you I'm not a novice. I never said all games affected and most games will be just fine. But go on YouTube and you'll see there is a definite lag in certain situations especially in multiplayer and don't bother with 4 player arcade games. I'm even anticipating the next iteration of the pi as it should be powerful enough to do n64 properly. I'm just telling people the facts, doesn't mean it's a bad product. Also in a living room setting noone wants to fumble around with a computer chip looking thing dangling with a bunch of wires, whereas the classics lldoesnt look unsightly and can be used by 4-5 year olds with ease and take more abuse. To each their own.
Nov 26, 2017
191 posts
48 upvotes
wszeto28 wrote: This is a pretty hot deal. Trade 3 games to get the classic at $129.99 and then just return it. Much better than trade 3 and get a new release at $79.99.
can return really? don't think so even credits return
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2012
1341 posts
3855 upvotes
Canada
geogolem wrote: I have 2 qualifiers, anybody have a suggestion for where to pick up a cheap one... (Already have AC: Ezio Collection).?
NightRain wrote: Pawn/thift shops. Also EB sells many used games in the $30-35 range that is on their list if you get really stuck. Save more if you have a edge discount.
Just like the other trade 3 deals - you don't actually require 3 games to take advantage of the promo.

In this case, each game would have a TIV of $43.33 towards the PS classic. Of course, if you did what NightRain suggested, its actually cheaper but just know there are alternate options.

In a normal trade 3 promo towards a new release or pre-order worth $79.99, each game has a TIV of $26.67
RFD: Pick any two.
1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
Dec 27, 2012
260 posts
375 upvotes
zxcai18 wrote: can return really? don't think so even credits return
i would like to know the answer to this as well... are we able to return the ps1 classic for a full refund in cash? or will we be reimbursed with a $130 gift card?
Dec 18, 2017
132 posts
81 upvotes
If you have games too offload it's an ok deal. Main issue is that it's likely going to drop in price anyways in the next few months given how badly it's doing. It makes for a god xmas gift though so in that sense the timing of this trade is good
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5291 posts
6491 upvotes
All my games are digital downloads..(only buy games on Black Friday and Boxing Day sales).
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
4046 posts
1304 upvotes
Toronto
xristophoros wrote: i would like to know the answer to this as well... are we able to return the ps1 classic for a full refund in cash? or will we be reimbursed with a $130 gift card?
Lol EB never gives cash, at best you can hope for your trade credit back and if the csr is paying attention that credit will probably be your original value far less then $130
Nov 26, 2017
191 posts
48 upvotes
xristophoros wrote: i would like to know the answer to this as well... are we able to return the ps1 classic for a full refund in cash? or will we be reimbursed with a $130 gift card?
when eb do this promotion that mean a decrease in value
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
GoDziLlA123 wrote: Just a random thought, would you be able to do the trade, get a gift receipt, then refund it for $130 ? I'd much rather get store credit than a useless novelty console.
No, u don't get 130, it drops to 99.99 on receipt, but then if you return it, they adjust it down to the original value of the games (but they do that manually) so if they don't manually do it, u will get the 99.99. They will most likely end the promo when people do this, which will suck for those that haven't gotten it yet
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2309 posts
1068 upvotes
Toronto
YMMV

Some locations will override the price to make it $99.99 if you decide to return it. Others will stick to $129.99.

You may also get a CSR who is confused or unaware of this promo.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2668 posts
1517 upvotes
Toronto
how often do they update the list of elligible titles? I see that it was last updated today (December 20th)... Gonna try and go in on Saturday... Hopefully they dont take my games off the list before then..
May 10, 2006
179 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
The deal days reading duplicates of the same game isn't allowed. How strict are they with that rule?
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
1123 posts
1774 upvotes
whileheavenwept wrote: The deal days reading duplicates of the same game isn't allowed. How strict are they with that rule?
I think if you trade in the same game but for different consoles, they still accept it. I've tried it when I trade in games.
May 15, 2013
132 posts
206 upvotes
So I did the trade and got a gift receipt, then went to another store and immediately refunded. Got $130 + tax in gift card store credit for three games that cost me less than $30 each
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
GoDziLlA123 wrote: Just a random thought, would you be able to do the trade, get a gift receipt, then refund it for $130 ? I'd much rather get store credit than a useless novelty console.
In the past this was easy to do but now I believe there is a promotion code on the gift receipt so they will know.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
GoDziLlA123 wrote: So I did the trade and got a gift receipt, then went to another store and immediately refunded. Got $130 + tax in gift card store credit for three games that cost me less than $30 each
You shouldn't have gotten the tax (and technically not the $130 either), your CSR messed up.
Feb 11, 2007
623 posts
346 upvotes
Those who bought rayman for switch last year for $19.99 are laughing now
May 15, 2013
132 posts
206 upvotes
I used the gift receipt so it had nothing except the item listed by itself and just acted like it was a gift I got with no idea of any promo.