Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] EBgames Evil Within 2 (PS4) New $5.99 IN STORE ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2018 2:01 pm
Nov 26, 2017
137 posts
32 upvotes
Guess BB will finally pour their huge stock at $5 or even lower... Poor BB.

It's really a TERRIFYING GAME for BB. When will they take revenge?
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1339 posts
1555 upvotes
Said212 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 6:41 pm
Dude, this is RFD, not your typical gullible crowd. We are thrifty, not stupid. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
There are plenty of stupid people on this site
Dec 9, 2015
133 posts
209 upvotes
I'm quite glad I picked up just one copy for myself. This is a really fun game.
Nov 24, 2015
532 posts
331 upvotes
Durham Region
zxcai18 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 11:45 pm
Guess BB will finally pour their huge stock at $5 or even lower... Poor BB.

It's really a TERRIFYING GAME for BB. When will they take revenge?
Lololol buy 4 copies at $5 from Best Buy with your $20 gift card and trade in at eb games at the next min $10 promo
Nov 22, 2013
683 posts
517 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to get it for Xbox One at the same price at EB Games. It may end up as another nice affordable present for someone this Christmas. 5 more copies available at the location I was at. I found out from an employee someone had called in earlier in the day about buying all they had which was 6 copies and said they were coming in and never showed. I guess it was about flipping for cred. : ) Glad the person failed otherwise no copy for me. Also honestly in the old days I would have been all over this stuff but I am growing old and tired and while I still get good deals I miss deals I never used to miss. : P
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2403 posts
1086 upvotes
Good example about someone being asleep at the wheel, at BB. On average, let's assume 300 people did the flip, at an average of 3 copies per flip (to account for those trying to flip 5-6). That's 900 flips at $20 store credit. Poor BB is looking at $18,000-$20,000 in unforeseen store credit.

We'll have to wait and see if BB will do anything about it. BB's online policy clearly states that no duplicate titles will be accepted. They may allow the first trade-in at the original value, i.e. $20, but decrease the value of 2nd, 3rd, etc. trade to $1. I think they can do it remotely / they have all the info. on the ppl who traded and the gift cards they issued. I think they'd be in their right to do so, too. They can claim they accepted the subsequent ones in error and give people the option of getting their games back. It might be bad PR, so I don't know if they'll go through with it. We'll have to wait and see.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Nov 24, 2015
532 posts
331 upvotes
Durham Region
no way that happened

I doubt EB had 900 copies, and I doubt everyone that bought one flipped every copy. Im playing it right now and I think its a great game, tho I wish I could flip it for $20 next week when im done with it

someone was asleep at the wheel at BB tho, they sold evil within 2 for $10 a couple months ago, new copies are $25 and used are $20 right now
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Oct 25th, 2018 9:01 am
Good example about someone being asleep at the wheel, at BB. On average, let's assume 300 people did the flip, at an average of 3 copies per flip (to account for those trying to flip 5-6). That's 900 flips at $20 store credit. Poor BB is looking at $18,000-$20,000 in unforeseen store credit.

We'll have to wait and see if BB will do anything about it. BB's online policy clearly states that no duplicate titles will be accepted. They may allow the first trade-in at the original value, i.e. $20, but decrease the value of 2nd, 3rd, etc. trade to $1. I think they can do it remotely / they have all the info. on the ppl who traded and the gift cards they issued. I think they'd be in their right to do so, too. They can claim they accepted the subsequent ones in error and give people the option of getting their games back. It might be bad PR, so I don't know if they'll go through with it. We'll have to wait and see.
Jul 4, 2013
242 posts
64 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 3:31 pm
Fearless was like 12 years old.
Is best buy selling for 5$ now?
Nov 26, 2017
137 posts
32 upvotes
networksend wrote:
Oct 25th, 2018 8:21 am
Lololol buy 4 copies at $5 from Best Buy with your $20 gift card and trade in at eb games at the next min $10 promo
That's the revenge from BB!
Nov 26, 2017
137 posts
32 upvotes
Oct 25th, 2018 9:01 am

If so BB is destroying all their reputation. They broke the commercial laws and agreements.
You know how much their potential loss in CAD?
100 times their $20000 maybe loss I guess.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2403 posts
1086 upvotes
zxcai18 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2018 10:32 am
If so BB is destroying all their reputation. They broke the commercial laws and agreements.
You know how much their potential loss in CAD?
100 times their $20000 maybe loss I guess.
I disagree. Why would they destroy their reputation for enforcing their rules? The impact would be minimal and likely experienced solely by the folk who abused the trade-in program. I traded one copy at BB, which I owned previously (bought at higher price) and then bought a new copy from EB Games. Yet to deny other people people the chance to own the game, so that you can flip 4-5, seems unfair. Just my two cents.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Nov 26, 2017
137 posts
32 upvotes
Oct 25th, 2018 11:34 am
I disagree. Why would they destroy their reputation for enforcing their rules? The impact would be minimal and likely experienced solely by the folk who abused the trade-in program. I traded one copy at BB, which I owned previously (bought at higher price) and then bought a new copy from EB Games. Yet to deny other people people the chance to own the game, so that you can flip 4-5, seems unfair. Just my two cents.
You know if they accepted then agreement made.
They can change later rule no problem but as someone above said, if they change rule towards the former agreements that's obvious destroying.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2081 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
This thread should be renamed "The Evil Within 3 - RFD" :lol:
You only live twice ǝɔᴉʍʇ 😎
Nov 6, 2011
5 posts
8 upvotes
MONTR
They are not losing money anyway.. they give you 20$ to spend at their stores! So they will get their money back.

Afterwards, they will sell the game for 5$, making profits, then the same guys who turn them over now will buy them back to exchange them at ebgames during their 10$ minimum trade...

In the end, it is EBGames that will stay stuck with them!
Apr 6, 2017
787 posts
515 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Daviance wrote:
Oct 25th, 2018 1:59 pm
They are not losing money anyway.. they give you 20$ to spend at their stores! So they will get their money back.

Afterwards, they will sell the game for 5$, making profits, then the same guys who turn them over now will buy them back to exchange them at ebgames during their 10$ minimum trade...

In the end, it is EBGames that will stay stuck with them!
Not necessarily, they might refuse the title. They do that with old sports games.