Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
2171 posts
172 upvotes
Guelph
The red tag price already has the discount - you pay the red tag price
May 15, 2019
1 posts
This deal is useless... it's not an additional 50%... It's an additional 50% off reg price, with no edge discount!! it was cheaper before in some cases with the edge discount...
Dec 2, 2013
5 posts
1 upvote
sonician wrote:
May 16th, 2019 9:35 am
It's almost like they are realizing people go to EB Games for games, not all the junk they've been trying to sell lately.
Sales reports for the American equivalent GameStop seem to imply that, actually, fewer and fewer people are buying physical games (rather than digital downloads). Thus the shift in the store's focus.

Anecdotally, I always stop in if it's convenient, to browse their 'junk' like Funko Pops. If I'm buying a game, I probably know what the game is ahead of purchase, have an idea of if it's getting a good reception, and ordering a physical copy online. Can't remember the last time I browsed an EB's new releases or pre-owned section. Games are pretty expensive and so franchise-based now, that going to a store and picking up a game that catches your eye feels like showing up to a movie theater without knowing first what you're going to see (if the movie theater charged $70 or $80 a ticket).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6689 posts
1300 upvotes
T dot 6
sonician wrote:
May 16th, 2019 9:35 am
It's almost like they are realizing people go to EB Games for games, not all the junk they've been trying to sell lately.
They trying to diversify because everything is going digital. They are the next Blockbuster and they know it.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck