Expired Hot Deals

EB GAMES: Extra 40% Trade Credit or 50% for Platinum members towards E3 games

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2016 4:43 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
2993 posts
2575 upvotes
Montreal

EB GAMES: Extra 40% Trade Credit or 50% for Platinum members towards E3 games

Deal Link:
Good if you have games to trade in and good deal for games that are not $49.99 on Amazon or Wal-Mart. Promotion only until the 19th of June. 4 days left!

This is the list that the promotion applies to

https://www.ebgames.ca/shop%20e3
Images
27 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
Been waiting for this deal for a while... their usual Trade 3 for $70 towards pre-orders is probably still going to be the better deal for most mid-tier titles, but for more recent games this can be pretty good.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3390 posts
1193 upvotes
Montreal
Why people still feed these guys on used recent games for so little return! =\
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1782 posts
1027 upvotes
Toronto
yea trade in that 3 x 79.99+ tax games and get one new game. genius.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2974 posts
759 upvotes
Belle River
So I assumed that this deal meant if you take a game that normally trades for say $10, it would get boosted by 50% up to $15. Am I wrong?

I decided to see what I could get for a bunch of games, normal trade in came to about $280, then they punched into the computer to use it towards E3 titles and the computer came back with a $70 boost which is of course not 50%. I asked why and they said the promo is not for 50% of the trade in value, it's for 50% of the bump amount you already get for your membership level. That still doesn't calculate out correctly, so I think they are just wrong, and of course it's always a hassle getting EB promos to work in-store so that wouldn't be a surprise at all.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9249 posts
3746 upvotes
What titles are on the E3 trade list?
tarushin wrote: Why people still feed these guys on used recent games for so little return! =\
Their promotion last month was decent. It was a 30% bonus for anything traded in and the credit could be used on anything.
I got $40+ each for trading in games I disliked, Battleborn and Star Fox Zero. I might have gotten more by selling on classifieds or eBay
but this was more convenient and saved a lot of time.



.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
hystavito wrote: So I assumed that this deal meant if you take a game that normally trades for say $10, it would get boosted by 50% up to $15. Am I wrong?

I decided to see what I could get for a bunch of games, normal trade in came to about $280, then they punched into the computer to use it towards E3 titles and the computer came back with a $70 boost which is of course not 50%. I asked why and they said the promo is not for 50% of the trade in value, it's for 50% of the bump amount you already get for your membership level. That still doesn't calculate out correctly, so I think they are just wrong, and of course it's always a hassle getting EB promos to work in-store so that wouldn't be a surprise at all.
What kind of membership you have?
When they punched in the code ,did they try to preorder E3 titles with your trade in money?how many games did you try to order?
I've been trading in at EB games a while and the system most of the time do the calculations correctly but usually EB games employees do it the wrong way.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4650 posts
4441 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
hystavito wrote: So I assumed that this deal meant if you take a game that normally trades for say $10, it would get boosted by 50% up to $15. Am I wrong?

I decided to see what I could get for a bunch of games, normal trade in came to about $280, then they punched into the computer to use it towards E3 titles and the computer came back with a $70 boost which is of course not 50%. I asked why and they said the promo is not for 50% of the trade in value, it's for 50% of the bump amount you already get for your membership level. That still doesn't calculate out correctly, so I think they are just wrong, and of course it's always a hassle getting EB promos to work in-store so that wouldn't be a surprise at all.
Yes that's clearly wrong based on the wording on their website.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
XFactor11 wrote: What titles are on the E3 trade list?



Their promotion last month was decent. It was a 30% bonus for anything traded in and the credit could be used on anything.
I got $40+ each for trading in games I disliked, Battleborn and Star Fox Zero. I might have gotten more by selling on classifieds or eBay
but this was more convenient and saved a lot of time.



.
What was the trade in value of Star fox?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9249 posts
3746 upvotes
In late May, Star Fox Zero and Battleborn were $32 each but with the 30% promotion back then it was bumped up to $41.60 on each of them.
The bonus tower defense puzzle game that Star Fox Zero comes bundled with (Star Fox Guard) trades in for $0, so they gave it back to me.
immortal_kssss wrote: What was the trade in value of Star fox?

That's why amazon and best buy's 30% off E3 pre-orders were good deals. I got Star Fox Zero and Battleborn originally for about $50-$55 after tax.
Played both and ended up not liking them, and got back about $42 on each of them.

.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
XFactor11 wrote: In late May, Star Fox Zero was $32 but with the 30% promotion back then it was bumped up to $41.60
The bonus puzzle game that Star Fox Zero comes bundled with (Star Fox Guard) trades in for $0, so they gave it back to me.
Thanks.
I bought it from Bestbuy around $55 ,it's still sealed as I have no time to play and my son wants to play PS4 only ,I don't know if I should trade it in ,is it that bad?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9249 posts
3746 upvotes
As a Star Fox 64 fan, I really did not like Star Fox Zero. I doubt it trades in for that much now however.
Both games received poor critic reviews (Star Fox Zero and Battleborn). Although Nintendo games usually hold high value
because they rarely go on sale.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/star-fox-zero
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/battleborn

Star Fox Zero can be completed in a couple of hours but some of the levels are very unpleasant.
immortal_kssss wrote: Thanks.
I bought it from Bestbuy around $55 ,it's still sealed as I have no time to play and I'm son wants to play with PS4 only ,I don't know if I should trade it in ,is it that bad?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2974 posts
759 upvotes
Belle River
immortal_kssss wrote: What kind of membership you have?
When they punched in the code ,did they try to preorder E3 titles with your trade in money?how many games did you try to order?
I've been trading in at EB games a while and the system most of the time do the calculations correctly but usually EB games employees do it the wrong way.
I have Platinum, they scanned the card. I think I might know what the problem was, on their site the list of eligible "things" included the Xbox One S, and that's what they applied my trade in to, just to see what value the computer gave us, so maybe Xbox One S doesn't qualify for the full 50%. What's annoying is that they didn't say like oh hmm, lemme see, etc. We discussed it for several minutes and they insisted I misunderstood the promo and that it's 50% of the bump amount only, not the trade-in value. One of them even had a little laugh at me saying something like "we can't pay that much".

I'll have to call them tomorrow and see, grrr EB promos are such a pain. Only reason I do it is because it's extremely hard to sell games on Kijiji in my area, people here want super low prices and for many games even the lowballers don't reply, just zero replies.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
hystavito wrote: I have Platinum, they scanned the card. I think I might know what the problem was, on their site the list of eligible "things" included the Xbox One S, and that's what they applied my trade in to, just to see what value the computer gave us, so maybe Xbox One S doesn't qualify for the full 50%. What's annoying is that they didn't say like oh hmm, lemme see, etc. We discussed it for several minutes and they insisted I misunderstood the promo and that it's 50% of the bump amount only, not the trade-in value. One of them even had a little laugh at me saying something like "we can't pay that much".

I'll have to call them tomorrow and see, grrr EB promos are such a pain. Only reason I do it is because it's extremely hard to sell games on Kijiji in my area, people here want super low prices and for many games even the lowballers don't reply, just zero replies.
I knew something was wrong,as the promo says E3 titles ,I'm pretty sure the system won't give you 50% bump up if you trade in your games for consoles or collectibles.
I know man,EB games employees are ***** ,they think they know everything and they don't try to help at all.
I hate to sell on Kijiji too,it's a waste of time unless your game is a new release,I prefer to deal with EB games ***** rather than Kijiji lowballers.
I see that you are not far from the borders ,don't you get a better value if you trade in your games in the states?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2974 posts
759 upvotes
Belle River
immortal_kssss wrote: I see that you are not far from the borders ,don't you get a better value if you trade in your games in the states?
I have no idea, but doesn't seem worth it to go over, and then go back to pick up games and such. Or did you mean something else?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
hystavito wrote: I have no idea, but doesn't seem worth it to go over, and then go back to pick up games and such. Or did you mean something else?
That's what I meant,I'm thinking if you are trading in $280 worth of video games so may be you get a better deal across the border and especially the video games are a little bit cheaper,and you can trade in your games for cash (but it's gonna be less than the store credits).
Anyway you can check the value of your games trade ins on their website if you want,so you can have a better idea gamestop.com

How many EB games stores close to you?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2974 posts
759 upvotes
Belle River
immortal_kssss wrote: That's what I meant,I'm thinking if you are trading in $280 worth of video games so may be you get a better deal across the border and especially the video games are a little bit cheaper,and you can trade in your games for cash (but it's gonna be less than the store credits).
Anyway you can check the value of your games trade ins on their website if you want,so you can have a better idea gamestop.com

How many EB games stores close to you?
Oh you mean head over to Gamestop and get cash, hadn't thought of that. There are small shops near me that pay cash too.

There are 2 EBs quite close to me but down here they're all close, you can cross Windsor in minutes :) . The one I went to tonight is the one I usually go to, maybe I should switch but wouldn't surprise me if they're all the same. Actually I've seen the same staff working at both stores at times :) .
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
Question.

I traded in a few games on Friday for Overwatch.

I don't want to keep Overwatch. Can I return it or exchange for something else? It's unopened.

Ideally I'd like to just do a straight exchange, no taxes, since there isn't any when you trade in. Can I?
Member
Dec 5, 2006
229 posts
275 upvotes
squadz wrote: Question.

I traded in a few games on Friday for Overwatch.

I don't want to keep Overwatch. Can I return it or exchange for something else? It's unopened.

Ideally I'd like to just do a straight exchange, no taxes, since there isn't any when you trade in. Can I?
You should be able to do a straight exchange. I've been able to return games I traded towards to get a gift card no problem.

Top