Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Far Cry: New Dawn - Trade 1 game worth $10 or more, get it FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 10:07 pm
Nov 24, 2015
532 posts
331 upvotes
Durham Region
Gerbilz wrote: Asked the associates at EB and they said that the $50 can be applied towards ANY pre-order. They also said that if i accidentally missed my pickup time, then the $50 credit would remain on my account for a future pre-order that I choose. That being said, confirm before doing this but it should work!
Can anyone cconfirm this? If so that’s way better.

Does this need to be done in 2 steps (trade for new dawn, then move to another game) or just trade one for let’s say metro exodus preorder
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
5581 posts
3469 upvotes
Turonno
WL1980 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 2:35 pm
*PS1 Classic and Fallout 76 flashback*

This is not good...
I almost think this was intended as an expansion early on that eventually got "too big" so they thought, "we'll go standalone" and remaster Far Cry 3 for the season pass folk. This is kind of like an Uncharted: Lost Legacy perhaps... (minus the polished quality of a Naughty Dog game...)
Oct 27, 2006
832 posts
89 upvotes
You can do this in two ways
keep the preorder - let it sit and rot and eventually move it this takes time
Pick up the preorder and use edge card to return it the next day - this is the easier method
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4480 posts
2705 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
JnJosh wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 3:53 pm
You can do this in two ways
keep the preorder - let it sit and rot and eventually move it this takes time
Pick up the preorder and use edge card to return it the next day - this is the easier method
or, you know, keep it and play it.
Oct 27, 2006
832 posts
89 upvotes
Melkor wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 3:58 pm
or, you know, keep it and play it.
sure, buy it at walmart if thats your plan.

you are essentially getting 50$ trade in credit for any game that has 10$.

My comment was referencing Networksends question though, not whether to keep the game.
Apr 6, 2017
787 posts
515 upvotes
Westmount, QC
JnJosh wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 4:02 pm

My comment was referencing Networksends question though, not whether to keep the game.
wasn't this loophole fixed with the bonus $?

Hitman 11.XX$
Bonus 38.XX$
FC ND preorder -50$

if you return it, there is a good chance that you get refunded the 11$ or the value of the game
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4480 posts
2705 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
JnJosh wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 4:02 pm

No, I'll keep my pre order at EB Games. I traded in a garbage game that I thought I was stuck with. No money out of my pocket is still better than $29.97+hst.
Dec 31, 2006
712 posts
194 upvotes
Was going to trade in NBA 18 but it's no longer on the list
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2216 posts
1689 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Said212 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 3:39 pm
I almost think this was intended as an expansion early on that eventually got "too big" so they thought, "we'll go standalone" and remaster Far Cry 3 for the season pass folk. This is kind of like an Uncharted: Lost Legacy perhaps... (minus the polished quality of a Naughty Dog game...)
Yeah I'm not sure where this game came from but people keep bringing up Blood Dragon and it's like...no, it's way beyond what Blood Dragon was. It's definitely more an Uncharted 4/Uncharted Lost Legacy scenario.

Hell even Far Cry 4/Far Cry Primal might be similar...except they actually released Primal as a full-priced game for who knows what reason. And judging by file size for New Dawn for Xbox/PC, New Dawn is almost double the size of Primal lol.

Also RE: the $29.96, who knows what's going on there. I just mentioned in that thread that $29.96 is the typical preorder discount price for $49.99 games, it's just not E3 so it seems out of place? Who knows.
Oct 27, 2006
832 posts
89 upvotes
husamus156 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 4:33 pm
wasn't this loophole fixed with the bonus $?

Hitman 11.XX$
Bonus 38.XX$
FC ND preorder -50$

if you return it, there is a good chance that you get refunded the 11$ or the value of the game
That's a return, you, as an edge member, get a X day period of time for their satisfactory exchange policy.

Basically returning it for a one time credit for the full price of the game. In this case, 50$.

The X days depends on your level, onyx is 10, plat is 7 etc.

You can do this one time per item I'm fairly certain, so if you use this 50$ after returning it, its final sale.

The 50$ is essentially a credit, not cash.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4704 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
JnJosh wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 6:40 pm
That's a return, you, as an edge member, get a X day period of time for their satisfactory exchange policy.

Basically returning it for a one time credit for the full price of the game. In this case, 50$.

The X days depends on your level, onyx is 10, plat is 7 etc.

You can do this one time per item I'm fairly certain, so if you use this 50$ after returning it, its final sale.

The 50$ is essentially a credit, not cash.
Can you shift the credit to a Steam or Vanilla Prepaid Card?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13890 posts
4091 upvotes
Montreal
rebel_rfd wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 2:23 pm
Crazy that it's not even out and selling for $29.96.
It's not a full game, more like a standalone DLC.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13890 posts
4091 upvotes
Montreal
chemicalxv wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:47 pm
And judging by file size for New Dawn for Xbox/PC, New Dawn is almost double the size of Primal lol.
That's worth about 2 dead flies, as it's probably a bunch of video files and extra textures for the PS4P/Xbox OX 4K.

This is not a full game, but how close it is to retail will soon be determined.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Oct 27, 2006
832 posts
89 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 6:43 pm
Can you shift the credit to a Steam or Vanilla Prepaid Card?
the last time I did this was with Detroit become human, I returned it using the satisfaction exchange, got 79.99 in credit and paid the rest for a 100$ psn card.

It is anything in the store, steam/psn/xbox/vanilla/other game/whatever ya like.