[EB Games] Far Cry: New Dawn - Trade 1 game worth $10 or more, get it FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 10:07 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2239 posts
1723 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
The TIV for New Dawn will already be lower than Odyssey.

Odyssey is still $28 for both systems. I think someone mentioned they were told New Dawn is $20, which makes sense because a Used copy will be $39.99.
Nov 21, 2017
23 posts
4 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 11:20 am
The TIV for New Dawn will already be lower than Odyssey.

Odyssey is still $28 for both systems. I think someone mentioned they were told New Dawn is $20, which makes sense because a Used copy will be $39.99.
Yeah I decided to hold on to Odyssey. After the mediocre impressions for Far Cry, I can settle for playing For Honor from PS+ until Anthem arrives next week. Cheers.
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
53 posts
75 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:31 am
They banned a few people already for doing the satisfaction guarantee loophole, so take care with that.
Proof? I'm calling bull.

I do it with every game I preorder from EB Games.

I have not been banned, nor has the manager said anything when I do it. In fact, they told me it's perfectly fine and one of the main benefits of my Onyx card.

It's been almost four years now.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1823 posts
1769 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Lockelamora wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 9:57 pm
Proof? I'm calling bull.

I have not been banned, nor has the manager said anything when I do it. In fact, they told me it's perfectly fine and one of the main benefits of my Onyx card.

you know what satisfaction guarantee i am talking about right? I don't mean just cancelling a pre order or returning a game. I mean opening a game, playing it, not liking it, and then returning to get credit for a game you already opened (they dont care about recycled, because its already been opened so makes no difference) I dont need to provide proof, what am I gaining from this? Its common sense, a company isn't just going to keep letting you rent games for free, if they have been for you, that's great... it happens.
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
53 posts
75 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 10:20 pm
you know what satisfaction guarantee i am talking about right? I don't mean just cancelling a pre order or returning a game. I mean opening a game, playing it, not liking it, and then returning to get credit for a game you already opened (they dont care about recycled, because its already been opened so makes no difference) I dont need to provide proof, what am I gaining from this? Its common sense, a company isn't just going to keep letting you rent games for free, if they have been for you, that's great... it happens.
I'm very aware of what you're referring to. I know what satisfaction guarantee is.

I asked for proof because you made a blanket statement that isn't factual while I'm here stating the opposite through personal experience over the years.

Just trying to make sure people get the truth, rather than fear mongering. If you disagree, please share with me someone that has been banned.

Here's my proof:
Last edited by Lockelamora on Feb 14th, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 26, 2012
201 posts
313 upvotes
Quebec
rebel_rfd wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 11:02 am
I'm curious how people are getting up to Onyx level of Trades with EB while still being a RFDer.

The point requirements to level up are insane.
funny you mention this, I got my Onyx card today

I brought back 4 games for 4 copies, CSR told me I'd get around 700 points:
- 80 bonus for preordering
- 200 for the new games
- 400 for the trade-in

In fact I'm surprised we're not all Onyx in here, y'all are scheming to get deals all the time
Nov 19, 2017
597 posts
1433 upvotes
Toronto
Lockelamora wrote:
Proof? I'm calling bull.

Exactly. It's one of the biggest attractions/benefits to their membership. They wouldn't promote it the way they do if the end result was for everyone to get banned. The whole "banning" thing is BS.
Mar 8, 2005
372 posts
210 upvotes
St. Jonh's
Lockelamora wrote:
Proof? I'm calling bull.

I'm the same, I buy everything digital and since they don't allow digital preorders yet. I preorder the physical copy to get the free bonus or trade some stuff in. I'll try the game then return it and get xbox or playstation money to buy it digitally, if it's good if not I'll save the digital money for something else. Gonna 100% do this with FC:ND.
There's no such thing as too many games.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2239 posts
1723 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
benoittremblay wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 10:29 pm
funny you mention this, I got my Onyx card today

I brought back 4 games for 4 copies, CSR told me I'd get around 700 points:
- 80 bonus for preordering
- 200 for the new games
- 400 for the trade-in

In fact I'm surprised we're not all Onyx in here, y'all are scheming to get deals all the time
It's because 12k is still A LOT of points. Like you took advantage of the best $ value trade-in deal they've had in awhile (not talking game quality, specifically that you could get up to 5x base tiv for a game) by buying 4 copies and still only walked out with 680 points. That's still barely 5% of the way to Onyx.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2131 posts
1187 upvotes
Lockelamora wrote:
Proof? I'm calling bull.

Does the clock start when you pick up the game or the date it comes out? I was thinking of picking it up tomorrow afternoon, binging on it for the weekend and then returning it on Monday.
Nov 24, 2015
564 posts
348 upvotes
Durham Region
got my copy, receipt just shows 49.99 TIC, nothing about what was traded to get it
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1296 posts
855 upvotes
St Catharines
Lockelamora wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 10:27 pm
I'm very aware of what you're referring to. I know what satisfaction guarantee is.

I asked for proof because you made a blanket statement that isn't factual while I'm here stating the opposite through personal experience over the years.

Just trying to make sure people get the truth, rather than fear mongering. If you disagree, please share with me someone that has been banned.

Here's my proof:
I've been an Onyx Edge member for about 4 years now, and I Edge Guarantee a lot of games.

You are allowed to use Edge Guarantee once per purchase. If EB could not afford to offer this, they wouldn't. If a game sucks, or if I get all I'm going to get out of it within 10 days, it goes back and I get something else.
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
53 posts
75 upvotes
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 11:18 am
Does the clock start when you pick up the game or the date it comes out? I was thinking of picking it up tomorrow afternoon, binging on it for the weekend and then returning it on Monday.
When you pick up the game.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3040 posts
1600 upvotes
Canada
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 6:13 pm
6.5 Edge Cardholders also receive the benefit of an enhanced product returns program ("Satisfaction Exchange Benefit"). Cardholders are entitled to return any closed or open-packaged product within a specified period of time following purchase, in exchange for a store credit of original purchase value. This period is 2 days for Red Cardholders, 3 days for Gold Cardholders, 7 days for Platinum Cardholders and 10 days for Onyx Cardholders. Items purchased using this store credit will be labelled as non-refundable and may only be exchanged towards an identical item.
Wonder how many Fallout 76 returns they got under this, lol!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2239 posts
1723 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah you do have to wonder how much money they lost (and are still going to lose I guess) on Fallout 76, and it's not like they can get help from Bethesda for it.

Gotta wonder if a single game will enact from hard policy changes.