Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Get $150 towards Nintendo Switch with WiiU trade

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2018 1:13 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1329 posts
360 upvotes
ph00p wrote: Fun fact, I asked how much they give for a Vita in NL, they said "We don't take those anymore".
Doesn't really surprise me. Ever looked at the selection of Vita games at an EB games? I was shopping for a Vita game for a friend and both locations I looked at they had like 5-6 titles each. Yikes.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
They don’t accept the original PS3 either :( which I think mine is.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1440 posts
816 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
I'm intrigued by the Switch and I love almost all Nintendo platforms, but I seem to be in the minority that really loves the Wii U and I think there's a great library of games to go through. I recently picked up a few from vendors clearing out old stock. It's a shame it was marketed poorly. Great multiplayer platform. I own both a 2DS XL and 3DS XL that satisfies my portable gaming needs.
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1440 posts
816 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
NetBOG wrote: I'm pretty sure i bought my Wii U for just over $200 as a refurb direct from Nintendo. I guess it has held its value.
I got the refurb'd black 8 GB unit as well, I think three years back. Pretty sure it was $299 though.
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
sooksook wrote: I'm intrigued by the Switch and I love almost all Nintendo platforms, but I seem to be in the minority that really loves the Wii U and I think there's a great library of games to go through. I recently picked up a few from vendors clearing out old stock. It's a shame it was marketed poorly. Great multiplayer platform. I own both a 2DS XL and 3DS XL that satisfies my portable gaming needs.
Dont you find navigation is awkward and cumbersome? I think thats my biggest beef. And its a bit clunky hardware imo.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2013
1337 posts
239 upvotes
mc_molineux wrote: Wait, it plays Gamecube games?
Woopsie, I know Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are on there but that's because they came out on Wii as well. You can buy Wii games on the e-shop but yeah, as someone said before, can't play other gamecube games without a litter tinkering.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1440 posts
816 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
trellaine201 wrote: Dont you find navigation is awkward and cumbersome? I think thats my biggest beef. And its a bit clunky hardware imo.
I'll admit the gamepad wouldn't be my first choice if I was playing a game like Mario Kart, but that's what I have the pro controller for. I do however like how innovative the second screen can be, if it's programmed properly. It's also not bad as when used as a media centre because inputs are easily done using the stylus. Honestly if they had only extended the range of the gamepad so you could play games on it in another room of the house or something that would be amazing.
Beware the RFD Effect
Dec 20, 2015
851 posts
687 upvotes
My biggest gripe with the Wii U is the incredibly slow software interface.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 11th, 2017 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: promoting piracy
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3527 posts
1367 upvotes
Anjou, QC
ph00p wrote: Are you sure? I'll call tomorrow they're not currently open is why I'm asking.

Do you need to trade the sensor bar?
Trust me, I did the promotion with both systems :twisted:

Yes you need the Sensor Bar.
YMMV on the HDMI cable.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
NonStopInTheMix wrote: Trust me, I did the promotion with both systems :twisted:

Yes you need the Sensor Bar.
YMMV on the HDMI cable.
Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
ph00p wrote: Are you sure? I'll call tomorrow they're not currently open is why I'm asking.

Do you need to trade the sensor bar?
Yesterday I was at Sherway gardens EB games,and someone came in and asked about this deal and what accessories should be included,I wasn't listening to the answer though ,but the customer asked him if he needs the sensor bar for the trade-in? ,the eb games employee said no we don't need it.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: OK, this thread is blowing my mind. I bought my kids a WiiU a few years back (they still use it) but all I ever heard was that it was a crappy update to the Wii, Nintendo screwed it up, etc. etc. I thought about doing this trade-in but decided not to when my son told me the Switch isn't backward compatible with our games.

I come here now and the WiiU is moddable and collectors are after it?! What can you do with it? What's CFW? I'm totally new to this modding thing for the WiiU system. TIA.
I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet. Someone I know may sell me his broken one really cheap. The disc drive is broken. If I mod it that's ok to because I can play all of the games off of an external hard drive.
From what I know it can play all Nintendo game backups (other then switch and 3ds) .
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1074 posts
744 upvotes
Pickering
I need to get on to this modding/CFW as my Wii U is barely used (kids only pull it out once in a while). Still have my modded Wii with a hard drive full of games but never looked into this for the Wii U.
Banned
Oct 15, 2017
55 posts
36 upvotes
Phat$ wrote: I need to get on to this modding/CFW as my Wii U is barely used (kids only pull it out once in a while). Still have my modded Wii with a hard drive full of games but never looked into this for the Wii U.
omg, same boat. i am concerned that my firmware on the wiiu is 5.1.2 (checked last night) where mods have been for 5.1.1 from what i see on youtube, hoping things have changed for a higher firmware = (
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1914 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm, they're giving $150 for a ps4 as well. I could probably get at least $300 selling mine on kijiji iwth the handful of games and 2 controllers I have. Decisions..
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2008
1819 posts
1393 upvotes
Toronto
msz87 wrote: is shipping free might jump on this.
Shipping is free if you use the promo that expires on the 13th
SHIP4FREE
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
2268 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
firesale wrote: omg, same boat. i am concerned that my firmware on the wiiu is 5.1.2 (checked last night) where mods have been for 5.1.1 from what i see on youtube, hoping things have changed for a higher firmware = (
You can mod up to the latest firmware. You should be okay
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
2268 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
Real_GM wrote: Shipping is free if you use the promo that expires on the 13th
SHIP4FREE
Thank you

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)