Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

It's back: Get up to $270 trade credit when you trade select consoles towards the preorder of the PS5 or XBOX SERIES X|S

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2022 5:14 pm
Feb 1, 2013
478 posts
480 upvotes
mymuro wrote: Not unless you sell to China. I expect $150 to $400 in Canada.
Never underestimate the stupidity of wealthy kids in America. I sold a pair of used Nike Dunks that I bought in 2005 for $2K. I paid $140 for them back in the day. Lol
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4537 posts
4899 upvotes
Whitby
nexuscardguy wrote:
If you have kids, switch kills both ps4 and Xbox. We have all 3 and by far the family runs nightly switch gaming! We are playing moving out right now (on sale) lol and we play overcooked often.

Switch for the family win!
I begrudgingly agree. We play alot more switch than ever while my PS4 and probably ps5 will get dusty. Nintendo is just lite fun and easy to play. And it holds value like no other!!! Facts.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21044 posts
10556 upvotes
Oakville
nexuscardguy wrote:
If you have kids, switch kills both ps4 and Xbox. We have all 3 and by far the family runs nightly switch gaming! We are playing moving out right now (on sale) lol and we play overcooked often.

Switch for the family win!
My kids (8 and 11) have mostly abandoned the Switch for the Xbox One now. I was hoping to get a few more years out of the Switch, tbh
Mar 30, 2011
61 posts
26 upvotes
St. Catharines
DanP wrote: Has anyone already sold a ps5 and provide some confirmation people are buying? I see so many listings on Kijiji for over $1000.
I sold a PS5 pre-order and Series X pre-order a few weeks ago. The PS5 one was gone within 3 minutes of posting, although I'm sure that had to do with the fact that I only asked for a $50 non-refundable deposit and the buyer would pay for the console when it arrives. Had a ton of messages come through too within that short time span. The Series X took a few more days with some people not sure about it, but managed the same thing for the $50 so there is buyers out there, for sure. I somehow got lucky with the extra pre-orders, but didn't want to try and gouge people, so $50 seemed reasonable (maybe it's not...YMMV). I think the $1,000 listings or more are insane.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1863 upvotes
Ajax
WL1980 wrote: I wouldn't sell my Pro or X dirt cheap just to get a PS5 or Series day one.

With the cost of SSD being a huge portion of the $600 cost I bet the price will fall pretty fast as the SSD becomes cheaper. Probably a $100 drop by next BF or a 2TB SSD version for the same price.
Sadly so will the value of your Pro and X.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6316 posts
1565 upvotes
What about the old PS4? I don't remember what version but the early model and not the pro. Is that worth anything
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2648 posts
6197 upvotes
Windsor
champ91 wrote: What about the old PS4? I don't remember what version but the early model and not the pro. Is that worth anything
$135
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7569 posts
8338 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
WL1980 wrote: I wouldn't sell my Pro or X dirt cheap just to get a PS5 or Series day one.

With the cost of SSD being a huge portion of the $600 cost I bet the price will fall pretty fast as the SSD becomes cheaper. Probably a $100 drop by next BF or a 2TB SSD version for the same price.
But you'll sell them dirt cheap next year? >_>
Mar 9, 2009
595 posts
644 upvotes
mymuro wrote: Please tell me which games except for current-gen games running in BC mode.
Well BC mode is pretty big
Yakuza: Like a Dragon is 900P on Series S and 1080P on PS4n The Series S isn't a massive upgrade from an Xbox One X/PS4 Pro IMO when you factor in the bluray/HDD Space/currently available games. Majority of the games worth playing are BC mode so I would prefer the One X over the series S for a while. Lucky for me I will have a Series X that is actually an upgrade no matter what the game.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4189 posts
4681 upvotes
Ottawa
mrtvgame wrote: I disagree but it depends on what you are selling. In my neighborhood lots of security cameras and a cop next door. Better than meeting in random public place where the person could have the place staked out and a plan in place. Never forget selling a PS4 on launch and the guy wanted to meet at the Scarb. Town Center Mall in the parking lot at night. I said nope see me inside and I chose a location that had my back up against the wall and could see everything from left to right. No BS.
You've seen too many drug movies. It's Canada, not America.

I sold my Switch a couple of years ago (back when it was still relatively hard to find them) one night, in public, late at night, in a parking lot. The dude was late and had 5 people in his car with him. Did I get jumped, stabbed, robbed, and otherwise?

Nope. Smooth transaction. Because it's Canada.
Final Fantasy XVI waiting room.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4537 posts
4899 upvotes
Whitby
Batarang wrote: You've seen too many drug movies. It's Canada, not America.

I sold my Switch a couple of years ago (back when it was still relatively hard to find them) one night, in public, late at night, in a parking lot. The dude was late and had 5 people in his car with him. Did I get jumped, stabbed, robbed, and otherwise?

Nope. Smooth transaction. Because it's Canada.
LOL all depends on where you live. Small safe area sure. But you cant try that around any large urban setting. You can and will be robbed.

All these ppl that planning to sell a ps5 for 1000 or more might be paying out 2000 at ATM in the rough part of town. Ratchet and Clank are not worth your life.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20553 posts
5870 upvotes
Scarberia
When is the ps5 launch date? Before Xmas?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1097 posts
372 upvotes
Leduc
dino7c wrote: Well BC mode is pretty big
Yakuza: Like a Dragon is 900P on Series S and 1080P on PS4n The Series S isn't a massive upgrade from an Xbox One X/PS4 Pro IMO when you factor in the bluray/HDD Space/currently available games. Majority of the games worth playing are BC mode so I would prefer the One X over the series S for a while. Lucky for me I will have a Series X that is actually an upgrade no matter what the game.
you sure like to spread fud no matter how many times people correct you.

yakuza dragon is:

-1440p/30fps or 900p/60fps on series s
-1080p/30fps on PS4pro or 900p/30 on base ps4

the game also runs with a higher level of detail on the xbox. the dragon engine which the game runs one is known be demanding and not the most optimized. series s is punching close to double what the ps4pro is with this game.
Last edited by microwave on Nov 3rd, 2020 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20553 posts
5870 upvotes
Scarberia
CruelDabest1 wrote: lolllll!!!!!!!!' im dead..Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy ps5 come out next week
im noob i don't game lol, don't follow video games but my fave game is street fighter 5 for ps4!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Nov 25, 2016
13 posts
2 upvotes
Does this offer work for online pre-orders from EB or only in-store pre-orders?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7600 posts
1085 upvotes
dyalect wrote: LOL all depends on where you live. Small safe area sure. But you cant try that around any large urban setting. You can and will be robbed.

All these ppl that planning to sell a ps5 for 1000 or more might be paying out 2000 at ATM in the rough part of town. Ratchet and Clank are not worth your life.
What the hell are you even talking about? What large urban area? Are we in 1970's New York? The vast and overwhelming majority of the GTA is safe. Yeah, there have been instances of people getting mugged for expensive items you see on the news every once in a long while...and you know why you see it on the news? Because it happens so rarely that its newsworthy. Stop spreading garbage, if people follow the minimum precautions that they should be following for any online transaction they will be fine. Period.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4537 posts
4899 upvotes
Whitby
Happy13178 wrote: What the hell are you even talking about? What large urban area? Are we in 1970's New York? The vast and overwhelming majority of the GTA is safe. Yeah, there have been instances of people getting mugged for expensive items you see on the news every once in a long while...and you know why you see it on the news? Because it happens so rarely that its newsworthy. Stop spreading garbage, if people follow the minimum precautions that they should be following for any online transaction they will be fine. Period.
Even you did your thing in a public place so get a grip on reality. PS5 resales will be dodgy. Trust me.

Urban - Brampton, Oshawa, Scarborough... Pick one.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5308 posts
4310 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: But you'll sell them dirt cheap next year? >_>
No, I keep my old consoles and have them set up in my game room.

I thought about selling the PS4 and One X now and get them dirt cheap later but I don't trust the condition of used consoles on CL or FB so I'll just keep mine.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7600 posts
1085 upvotes
dyalect wrote: Even you did your thing in a public place so get a grip on reality. PS5 resales will be dodgy. Trust me.

Urban - Brampton, Oshawa, Scarborough... Pick one.
There is zero basis in fact for your statement, that the crime rate will be any higher than for anything else online. Zero. Show your sources.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.