Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

It's back: Get up to $270 trade credit when you trade select consoles towards the preorder of the PS5 or XBOX SERIES X|S

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2022 5:14 pm
Nov 30, 2019
446 posts
405 upvotes
Looks like they dropped some (majority?) of the values from the previous promo
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2773 posts
1468 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Can I trade 2 consoles (Xbox One S + PS4 Slim) towards 1 PS5 console?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1234 posts
1797 upvotes
Toronto
Meh, as per usual i will stick to waiting a year or so for a better revamped system (in case any issues with first batch), and maybe a deal like drop in price or free game. Also, games for xbox series X and ps5 will look similar to ps4 pro/ xbox one X in the first year (as was the case with ps4/xbone vs ps3 xbox 360) as its all dependent on what the developers do with the system. Most often, games are just basically ports and the end result is faster load times and slight uptick in graphics. I won’t even get into if you dont have a good tv.
Last edited by DealOrNoDeal55 on Oct 28th, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 15, 2013
221 posts
166 upvotes
Midland, ON
Clee wrote: Can I trade 2 consoles (Xbox One S + PS4 Slim) towards 1 PS5 console?
I asked and was told that you can. My boyfriend and I both have PS4’s but we are splitting a PS5. He already traded his towards my preorder during the last event in and if I can’t sell mine privately I’ll be trading mine in too.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1586 posts
876 upvotes
God, I remember when the Xbox One X was $599 and you could trade in your Xbox One and automatically or top up, whatever it was, to $300 trade in, making the Xbox One X $299.99 at EB.

Maybe they will in the next couple of months, but wow, $210 for a XB One X... might as well keep it for a 2nd room or for the mini van
May 7, 2019
146 posts
175 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
My local EB Games is saying, that I can't use this offer with existing trade in because I need to do it while doing my pre-order. He/She said, I'll have to cancel and pre-order again. What!? If we're not gonna get any more preorders and the console won't be available in store until Nov 15th, then what's the point?

Edit: Actually I spoke to another store. They said, it is possible to do trade it on pre-orders. So the last person didn't know what they were talking about.
Last edited by dayimziah on Oct 28th, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1096 posts
370 upvotes
Leduc
Superman_2099 wrote: God, I remember when the Xbox One X was $599 and you could trade in your Xbox One and automatically or top up, whatever it was, to $300 trade in, making the Xbox One X $299.99 at EB.

Maybe they will in the next couple of months, but wow, $210 for a XB One X... might as well keep it for a 2nd room or for the mini van
They probably got quite a few trade in units as next gen will completely replace current gen and the existence of series s pushes down the value of a one x a far bit. They should have offered 250 but eb going to eb.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1606 posts
2195 upvotes
but...but...I thought no more PS5 until 2029 cause no more resources left on earth for production Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart
Oct 1, 2020
57 posts
31 upvotes
So for sure no way on earth we can do these trade ins if we don't have a preorder in place right??
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1222 upvotes
Superman_2099 wrote: God, I remember when the Xbox One X was $599 and you could trade in your Xbox One and automatically or top up, whatever it was, to $300 trade in, making the Xbox One X $299.99 at EB.

yea that's exactly the offer I took advantage of,
Bought Xbox one during boxing day for $200 and traded in for $300 toward xbox x
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4491 posts
4875 upvotes
Whitby
dayimziah wrote: My local EB Games is saying, that I can't use this offer with existing trade in because I need to do it while doing my pre-order. He/She said, I'll have to cancel and pre-order again. What!? If we're not gonna get any more preorders and the console won't be available in store until Nov 15th, then what's the point?

Edit: Actually I spoke to another store. They said, it is possible to do trade it on pre-orders. So the last person didn't know what they were talking about.
What a joke. So cancel your pre-order and potentially lose it on a trade in? I'd call head office or try another store because that is trash.

As for private trades it is just too much hassle and lowballing. If you want something for your console try to get this preorder. Because in a few weeks market is going to be flooded!!!!

As well as all the shady business. Many people are going to get swindled, robbed or worse. Do all trades in public places and bring a few friends if you can.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville
l1197493 wrote: but...but...I thought no more PS5 until 2029 cause no more resources left on earth for production Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
This obviously would only apply to existing PS5 pre-orders, since they haven't announced any new PS5 pre-order stock.
May 7, 2019
146 posts
175 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
dayimziah wrote: My local EB Games is saying, that I can't use this offer with existing trade in because I need to do it while doing my pre-order. He/She said, I'll have to cancel and pre-order again. What!? If we're not gonna get any more preorders and the console won't be available in store until Nov 15th, then what's the point?

Also! I asked the other store about the getting the console on launch day!

So he said that, since I pre-ordered in store during the second wave. They still expect that they will fulfill all the orders regardless of which wave we ordered.. on launch day. He said that, all who ordered in store will get call next week with more information. They haven't decided on whether to make appointments/allow walk-ins. They will provide all those details next week.
Deal Guru
Aug 30, 2009
10376 posts
2181 upvotes
Aurora
Cold as ICE lol
signature removed for rule violations
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1445 upvotes
Sarnia
Not worth it to me. Sorry but I run electronics into the ground and also I would not want to go without gaming consoles til I get my hands on next gen consoles. Finally as for what EB Games is offering I understand it but don't have to like it.
Last edited by LetsMakeADeal2013 on Oct 28th, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1558 posts
1452 upvotes
If anyone is selling a PS4 in Calgary, feel free to PM me. I'm looking to buy a used one.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4189 posts
4681 upvotes
Ottawa
GSpeed wrote: This is a horrible sell it on Kijiji or here or Facebook
You can make more, and save the other person some money too
Yup, sold my PS4 Pro on Kijiji. Made $400, took about a day for it to sell. Easy and painless. Problem is I am without a console for almost 3 weeks now, but doing it before everybody else was unloading theirs made selling it far easier.
Final Fantasy XVI waiting room.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1445 upvotes
Sarnia
l1197493 wrote: but...but...I thought no more PS5 until 2029 cause no more resources left on earth for production Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Realize that taking preorders does not mean there are actually consoles to hand out at launch or anytime soon. Please refer to new video cards from Nvidia as an example.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1445 upvotes
Sarnia
Batarang wrote: Yup, sold my PS4 Pro on Kijiji. Made $400, took about a day for it to sell. Easy and painless. Problem is I am without a console for almost 3 weeks now, but doing it before everybody else was unloading theirs made selling it far easier.
How much did you have to include with the PS4 Pro though? Surely you did not get $400 for just the console. Also yeah I see you sold it 3 weeks ago so ...

Finally as for easy and painless hard to believe but you are in a major city so I guess not.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4189 posts
4681 upvotes
Ottawa
microwave wrote: They probably got quite a few trade in units as next gen will completely replace current gen and the existence of series s pushes down the value of a one x a far bit. They should have offered 250 but eb going to eb.
I dunno about that one. People are saying that, on the Xbox Series S, Yakuza Like a Dragon will run at 900p if you want to target 60fps. That is........ yikes.
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: How much did you have to include with the PS4 Pro though? Surely you did not get $400 for just the console. Also yeah I see you sold it 3 weeks ago so ...

Finally as for easy and painless hard to believe but you are in a major city so I guess not.
Two controllers, and a couple of games that are included with PS Plus collection. A decent bundle to get people started, but I lost nothing of value.
Final Fantasy XVI waiting room.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)