Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

It's back: Get up to $270 trade credit when you trade select consoles towards the preorder of the PS5 or XBOX SERIES X|S

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2022 5:14 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1558 posts
1452 upvotes
Batarang wrote: I dunno about that one. People are saying that, on the Xbox Series S, Yakuza Like a Dragon will run at 900p if you want to target 60fps. That is........ yikes.

Two controllers, and a couple of games that are included with PS Plus collection. A decent bundle to get people started, but I lost nothing of value.

I don't think that game is a very good measurement of next gen. The series X can only do 1080P at 60fps.
Oct 23, 2012
420 posts
200 upvotes
Brampton
Would be nice if you can just trade in your consoles, and be put on waiting list for PS5 or Xbox Series X whenever they replenish stock
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1753 posts
1341 upvotes
Quebec City
140$ off on a new console, that might do it.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1380 posts
1506 upvotes
did my trade on last event, 2 ps4 pro and 1 xbox one s, grab a bunch walmart game clearance sale do "trade more get more" (7)games, i was able to pay off both ps5 for me and my brother, glad I didn't wait to long to unload the console
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1097 posts
371 upvotes
Leduc
bigfun3 wrote: Would be nice if you can just trade in your consoles, and be put on waiting list for PS5 or Xbox Series X whenever they replenish stock
Or let people preorder and say what you’ll bring in on the day of purchase and do the trade then. I still use my one x and would prefer to do so up until I can get a xsx.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7564 posts
8328 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Superman_2099 wrote: God, I remember when the Xbox One X was $599 and you could trade in your Xbox One and automatically or top up, whatever it was, to $300 trade in, making the Xbox One X $299.99 at EB.

Maybe they will in the next couple of months, but wow, $210 for a XB One X... might as well keep it for a 2nd room or for the mini van
The problem with Xbox consoles is:

1) Not as many people buy them as PSs in the first place (it honestly sounds like the total PS5 preorders outnumber the XSX/S preorders nearly 5:1)
2) People are much quicker to drop them
3) Following point 1, even less people are willing to buy used Xbox consoles

So you end up with this perfect storm that just drives down the value. Plus EB and GameStop clearly learned their lesson with the 360 and don't want to be stuck with tons of unmoveable stock (remember all the years where GS would literally be giving away 360s during Black Friday?). Back when that promo happened there wasn't any thought of the next-gen immanently coming out, plus it helped move One X units.

fwiw the trade-in value of the PS4 Pro and One X at GameStop are $175 USD each. That equates to about $233 CAD. Also gives them ~100% margin on the resale under normal conditions (which is normal for this kind of business).

At EB a used One X is currently $419.99. So the $210 boost gives them a 100% margin (again, normal).

Sony hasn't dropped the price of the PS4 Pro yet (which is another discussion entirely) so used ones are still $449.99. They're willing to take a smaller margin on those because they're easier to move (which is why their margin on the Switch is only like 37% normally).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7564 posts
8328 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
microwave wrote: Or let people preorder and say what you’ll bring in on the day of purchase and do the trade then. I still use my one x and would prefer to do so up until I can get a xsx.
They won't do that because the value of the current gen is going to tank in less than two weeks.
Mar 31, 2019
155 posts
102 upvotes
Does anyone know if the Ps4 original will get me any $ back?
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4729 posts
448 upvotes
Milton
If money isn’t as much of an object for you and you’re going in for the convenience, sure, this isn’t that bad.

For everyone else, just sell your console locally if you can. You’ll still get closer to $300 or above if you are selling a “bundled” console.

Or just put it on eBay and list it for Canada only, there’s plenty of people buying and selling their consoles for more than what EB is offering. This is even after eBay and PayPal take their cut.
RFD BST Feedback [107 - 0 - 0] | Heatware [72 - 0 - 0]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7564 posts
8328 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Clee wrote: Can I trade 2 consoles (Xbox One S + PS4 Slim) towards 1 PS5 console?
You'll have to look up the laws where you live or plan to trade-in, so the easiest way is literally just to call that specific EB Games.

Like for example in Winnipeg console trade-ins HAVE to be 1 for 1 and can't be traded towards anything else.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2714 posts
865 upvotes
Batarang wrote: I dunno about that one. People are saying that, on the Xbox Series S, Yakuza Like a Dragon will run at 900p if you want to target 60fps. That is........ yikes.

Two controllers, and a couple of games that are included with PS Plus collection. A decent bundle to get people started, but I lost nothing of value.
Literally the only game that runs at a poor resolution. It’s probably the game, not the system. It runs poorly on a 3080 lol
Oct 11, 2015
726 posts
274 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I agree, just sell them on Facebook. I posted my PS4 Pro with 500Gb Samsung SSD and sold within 12 hours for $400.
Apparently people are having trouble finding the PS4 Pro console.

On a side note, what are the chance of me getting a PS5 on launch day without pre order? Back in the PS4 days I line up midnight at Walmart and they had pallets full for sale I don't assumed that would be the case for PS5?
Nov 21, 2017
59 posts
23 upvotes
I'd be willing to take advantage of this given they actually had pre-orders. The promo makes no sense if they don't. Might have to call my local EB and ask them, but the reps are usually clueless..
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4189 posts
4681 upvotes
Ottawa
DFS 360 wrote: Literally the only game that runs at a poor resolution. It’s probably the game, not the system. It runs poorly on a 3080 lol
Heard Pubg is also subpar. Apparently it uses the Xbox One S version of the game for its backwards compatibility.

I wonder if this is going to continue to happen in one, two years time. Or if it's a temporary problem that is the fault of lazy optimizations, as many people here are quick to point out. I don't really care about excuses, just saying if it's like this at launch, it's not going to get better as these games become more demanding.
Final Fantasy XVI waiting room.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
1596 posts
3318 upvotes
Toronto
Glad I took advantage of the trade deal during the first week following the announcement. Edge would stack during the initial deal, and I ended up getting $253 for a spare PS4 Slim I had after the Onyx bump.
Mar 3, 2020
238 posts
442 upvotes
daftman wrote: I'd be willing to take advantage of this given they actually had pre-orders. The promo makes no sense if they don't. Might have to call my local EB and ask them, but the reps are usually clueless..
The guy I called said, from his previous experience and the botched pre-order cycle, he wouldn't be surprised if they held a similar event when they actually start getting stock, since the guy said they'll be OOS until past Christmas, easily.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7564 posts
8328 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Endlesscc wrote: I agree, just sell them on Facebook. I posted my PS4 Pro with 500Gb Samsung SSD and sold within 12 hours for $400.
Apparently people are having trouble finding the PS4 Pro console.

On a side note, what are the chance of me getting a PS5 on launch day without pre order? Back in the PS4 days I line up midnight at Walmart and they had pallets full for sale I don't assumed that would be the case for PS5?
Zero. Every single retailer has told their employees to advise customers there will be zero units for sale for walk-ins on launch day.

E: Also including a 500 GB SSD is an entirely different convo than the stock HDD lol. No shit you sold it cause that's what, another $100ish in value?
Oct 23, 2012
420 posts
200 upvotes
Brampton
Dark-Colonel wrote: If money isn’t as much of an object for you and you’re going in for the convenience, sure, this isn’t that bad.

For everyone else, just sell your console locally if you can. You’ll still get closer to $300 or above if you are selling a “bundled” console.

Or just put it on eBay and list it for Canada only, there’s plenty of people buying and selling their consoles for more than what EB is offering. This is even after eBay and PayPal take their cut.
what is the average price that xbox one x and PS4 Pro go for on ebay? I can't really gauge average price because it seems not many bids for these consoles