Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Jan. 9 only Trade in Nintendo Switch for $300 credit

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2020 7:30 pm
Sr. Member
Feb 22, 2012
521 posts
992 upvotes
Canada
jetertmac wrote: A new switch is coming out by the end of the year to help compete with the new gaming consoles. Rumored to have 4k support too.

https://www.polygon.com/nintendo-switch ... lease-date
Did you actually read the article? Nothing here at all is confirmed.

"Nintendo is reportedly working on an updated Nintendo Switch model to be released sometime in 2020"

"There’s no concrete information regarding the potential upcoming model."
RFD: Pick any two.

1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
😲
Banned
Jan 7, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
sRPlay1989 wrote: Where did you get that Information?

The promotion is not applicable to the Switch Lite. The value of the lite is below for you.
I was hopping the switch lite gets bumped up too so I can upgrade to the switch.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2868 posts
2492 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Oh neat another thread with a ton of people sockpuppeting "the secondary market is great for moddable consoles!" meanwhile there's never any proof provided.
davidr519 wrote: Was the Switch always $400? I could of swore it was $350 or $300....Am I going MAD? I needed up trading my old switch last time when you could buy a new Switch for $30 with the trade in
When they released the new model they revised the price back up to $399.99 because $379.99 was below the actual exchange rate.

Also if you're Onyx you do get the 15% boost on the base TIV of the console, so on $270 that's an extra $40.50, so if you're Onyx you'll get $340.50 in TIV which leaves you at $59.49 + tax for a new one. Under the old pricing it was $39.49 + tax.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4321 posts
2118 upvotes
Toronto
alexander0885 wrote: I get what you're saying. And while im on the same page about piracy, I want to point out that not everyone uses it for piracy. Playing games you already own isnt piracy. It adds the convenience of not having to swap carts. Also, you can install android, an open source operating system. And then there is emulation which is also legal, if you own the games. Not everyone has bad intentions.
It's not even a direct opposition to piracy but I know different people have varying feelings towards it. Hacking a Switch is also a bit technical so some may not want to go down that route. Finally, ripping your games and using them on a modded system would most likely violate copyright law since you are not using it for backup/archival purposes, it's not piracy and I doubt there is any risk in doing it, but it's not technically legal, even if it's not terribly immoral either. Also there is no legal way to emulate a game, even if you own it, emulation is only really legal if you're only playing homebrew. I'm not judging and I've absolutely violated copyright law many times in my lifetime but to try to argue it's legal is not as simple as people make it out to be.

PS if any DRM was circumvented in the ripping of the games, even the ripping process would be illegal.
Jr. Member
May 30, 2016
196 posts
251 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Not bad at all. I sold my 1st gen switch on Kijiji 3 weeks ago for $300.
Sr. Member
Feb 22, 2012
521 posts
992 upvotes
Canada
chemicalxv wrote:
Also if you're Onyx you do get the 15% boost on the base TIV of the console, so on $270 that's an extra $40.50, so if you're Onyx you'll get $340.50 in TIV which leaves you at $59.49 + tax for a new one.
This is incorrect.

The fine print for the promotion clearly states "Cannot be combined with other Trade offers including EDGE"

So at best what you are suggesting is a huge YMMV.
RFD: Pick any two.

1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
😲
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2868 posts
2492 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Styleman wrote: This is incorrect.

The fine print for the promotion clearly states "Cannot be combined with other Trade offers including EDGE"

So at best what you are suggesting is a huge YMMV.
Then that's a recent change because it's worked in past trade-in promos on the Switch. I even remember pointing out in one of the past events that if you're Onyx, you'd literally "make" money off them if you traded in your Switch and re-bought it from them (because with the Onyx boost, the TIV you received was more than what you'd pay for a used Switch with the Onyx discount).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2008
3165 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
chemicalxv wrote:
Then that's a recent change because it's worked in past trade-in promos on the Switch. I even remember pointing out in one of the past events that if you're Onyx, you'd literally "make" money off them if you traded in your Switch and re-bought it from them (because with the Onyx boost, the TIV you received was more than what you'd pay for a used Switch with the Onyx discount).
Yes but this change sucks now for trades ins. on any day an onyx member will get $310.50 (270x1.15) so this trade in deal is worse if you are onyx
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2005
1402 posts
99 upvotes
haven't read into it, but is there an easy way to transfer everything from the old system to new?
Moderator
User avatar
Sep 30, 2001
28058 posts
7137 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have the sku of the new switch (or a bundle which has the new model)?
We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 31, 2011
1116 posts
697 upvotes
Styleman wrote: This is incorrect.

The fine print for the promotion clearly states "Cannot be combined with other Trade offers including EDGE"

So at best what you are suggesting is a huge YMMV.
chemicalxv wrote: Then that's a recent change because it's worked in past trade-in promos on the Switch. I even remember pointing out in one of the past events that if you're Onyx, you'd literally "make" money off them if you traded in your Switch and re-bought it from them (because with the Onyx boost, the TIV you received was more than what you'd pay for a used Switch with the Onyx discount).
undacova wrote: Yes but this change sucks now for trades ins. on any day an onyx member will get $310.50 (270x1.15) so this trade in deal is worse if you are onyx
That specific fine print line has always been included in all of the games and consoles promotion. However, onyx members always get the extra 15% bonus anyway . Their POS system hasn't changed in forever so the 15% bonus will definitely stack.

$270+ 30 (bonus) + $270 (15% onyx) = 340.50

Best to wait and see if anyone is trading in tomorrow.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2008
3165 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
FreedomG20 wrote: That specific fine print line has always been included in all of the games and consoles promotion. However, onyx members always get the extra 15% bonus anyway . Their POS system hasn't changed in forever so the 15% bonus will definitely stack.

$270+ 30 (bonus) + $270 (15% onyx) = 340.50

Best to wait and see if anyone is trading in tomorrow.
Maybe but for all other recent promos I have never gotten the addition 15% from my onyx membership so I am not holding my breath.
Member
Aug 7, 2008
414 posts
140 upvotes
Do they usually still trade in if it's not in perfect cosmetic condition. Thinking of trading in my son's switch because there's a few cracks and nicks to the plastic. Everything still plays perfectly and the screen is great. Just wondering if it's worth my time heading over to try and swap it for a new one.
Jr. Member
Nov 18, 2007
121 posts
17 upvotes
Gatineau
Trade this in with a couple of games and this could cost close to nothing...interesting.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 22, 2005
909 posts
144 upvotes
Brampton
haushinka wrote: Do they usually still trade in if it's not in perfect cosmetic condition. Thinking of trading in my son's switch because there's a few cracks and nicks to the plastic. Everything still plays perfectly and the screen is great. Just wondering if it's worth my time heading over to try and swap it for a new one.
I guess it's very YMMV... the store I took my son's launch-day switch to rejected the trade-in because it wasn't in good shape physically... try your luck, try different locations if needed. Good luck, I'll take it to another store as well to see if maybe they will trade it in for me.

Top