• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2019 2:51 pm
[OP]
Mar 30, 2008
353 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto

[EB Games] Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4/XB1 $49.99

Kingdom Hearts 3 is $49.99 at EB Games, a.k.a. "Electronics Boutique" for us old gamers.

link

Same price on amazon.ca
Last edited by unimus on Apr 7th, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
27 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
19657 posts
7200 upvotes
Socially Distanced
When i first read the title i thought it said Klingon Hearts... Smiling Face With Open Mouth
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Jun 10, 2008
154 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Nice just about to post this too. The Deluxe Edition is on sale too for 69.99 from 99.99. Picked this up finally
Dec 9, 2015
171 posts
259 upvotes
Good sale. I wouldn't pick it up till the complete edition. The game was gutted like FFXV's first release. They stated that paid dlc is on the way to fill in gaps they made.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3770 posts
3932 upvotes
Ottawa
Even hotter deal:

RIP my wallet because I bought it day one for full price.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2016
1655 posts
767 upvotes
BC
^ bought the deluxe also day 1 but with trade credits from eb games... still sealed btw!
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1231 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
maybe its just me but its lost the magic from 1 and 2
Feb 12, 2014
623 posts
1436 upvotes
vancouver
forevergone wrote: maybe its just me but its lost the magic from 1 and 2
that's prob because most of the final fantasy stuff is gone and its almost fully disney now with attacks that resemble disney attraction rides at times.
what happened to all the awsome stuff like meeting final fantasy characters and fighting a badass sephiroth and cloud and squall?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1231 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
AllanT232 wrote: that's prob because most of the final fantasy stuff is gone and its almost fully disney now with attacks that resemble disney attraction rides at times.
what happened to all the awsome stuff like meeting final fantasy characters and fighting a badass sephiroth and cloud and squall?
I think you hit the nail on the head. I miss cloud and yuffie :<
Dec 19, 2006
466 posts
418 upvotes
Burnaby
forevergone wrote: maybe its just me but its lost the magic from 1 and 2
I mean, it's been a decade since the second game. Nostalgia's a powerful thing. We've grown up, but SquareEnix's storytelling... Hasn't.
Jun 19, 2018
138 posts
47 upvotes
Edmonton
I would also think taking 13 years to release played a part in losing it's magic.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1379 posts
399 upvotes
Can you wait until I start my 40$ I got from Future Shop before you drop the price? Damn!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9122 posts
3527 upvotes
Kingdom Hearts games have never had good writing or cohesive story.

Final Fantasy X, was the last game Square Enix had really good storytelling IMO.
Thello wrote: I mean, it's been a decade since the second game. Nostalgia's a powerful thing. We've grown up, but SquareEnix's storytelling... Hasn't.
Nov 26, 2013
748 posts
659 upvotes
Winnipeg
XFactor11 wrote: Kingdom Hearts games have never had good writing or cohesive story.
As a huge fan and having played through the whole collection recently - can confirm.

I enjoyed KH3, but there are some shortcomings:
- Most levels are linear and are uninspired;
- Enemies are repetitive;
- Most boss fights are repetitive;
- Unlocking the secret ending is a lot easier than in previous games; and
- If you haven't played any of the side-stories, there will be gaps in your understanding of the story (but there are great summary vids on YT).
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4745 posts
3240 upvotes
This is a bad game. Combat consists of pressing the same button repeatedly to build up special and then repeat. Feels likes a Disney Infinity game.
[OP]
Mar 30, 2008
353 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
ReaperEXE wrote: - If you haven't played any of the side-stories, there will be gaps in your understanding of the story (but there are great summary vids on YT).
Yeah after KH 1 you better play KH 1.147585 before turning on KH2.248 to make sense of KH 3 BUT don't you dare to skip KH 475/4 Days and KH Alpha, Tilda, Epsilon and Birth by Chain of Memories Final Chapter Prologue.
Nov 28, 2013
451 posts
249 upvotes
I regret buying the Deluxe edition at full price.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3770 posts
3932 upvotes
Ottawa
WL1980 wrote: This is a bad game. Combat consists of pressing the same button repeatedly to build up special and then repeat. Feels likes a Disney Infinity game.
Shooters consist of pulling the same button to shoot things dead, rinse and repeat. /s

Kind of find it comical how people loved KH2, but as soon as Nomura finally puts out KH3, suddenly they have a problem with the mechanics of the game.
Jun 7, 2018
149 posts
150 upvotes
Batarang wrote: Shooters consist of pulling the same button to shoot things dead, rinse and repeat. /s

Kind of find it comical how people loved KH2, but as soon as Nomura finally puts out KH3, suddenly they have a problem with the mechanics of the game.
The thing is KH2, there is strategy to combat...element, double jump, block, dash, etc.

KH3, it's just flashy Disney rides, I don't like them one bit but beside that, it's just continuously pressing X (on PS4)