Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Major Markdowns on select products, as low as $1

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 11:13 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 7, 2007
2717 posts
1752 upvotes
Fredericton

[EB Games] Major Markdowns on select products, as low as $1

EB's sale from last Friday is back on today. There are some items listed on the site, but your best bet to see what may be available would be to hit up a local store.
32 replies
Member
Jan 30, 2010
391 posts
352 upvotes
Mississauga
Can you be more specific about what these deals are?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 20, 2003
7110 posts
3628 upvotes
Moncton, NB
pcloadletter wrote: Can you be more specific about what these deals are?
They had a similar sale last week. I went on saturday and it was just complete random stuff. From a case to put Minecraft mini figures to a pokemon notepad. Nothing really interesting. There was some pop figures for $1-2 but they weren't any that I recognized.

So it's best just to show up and take a chance to see what they have. :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 7, 2007
2717 posts
1752 upvotes
Fredericton
pcloadletter wrote: Can you be more specific about what these deals are?
Most of the markdowns would be on collectibles and trinkets let's say. Funko Pops, keychains, bottle openers, etc.
Member
Nov 7, 2012
205 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
Hopefully Daenyrus will be $1 to complete the collection
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 14, 2009
1034 posts
511 upvotes
Halifax
If only EB Games was focusing on games, they wouldn't need $1 sales on the junk they've flooded the stores with.
Newbie
Feb 10, 2017
12 posts
18 upvotes
sonician wrote: If only EB Games was focusing on games, they wouldn't need $1 sales on the junk they've flooded the stores with.
They need the Junk to help stay afloat. Used games are suffering as digital sales go up.
Banned
User avatar
Feb 11, 2020
15 posts
12 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
sonician wrote: If only EB Games was focusing on games, they wouldn't need $1 sales on the junk they've flooded the stores with.
I don't mind it. As a gamer, I love the lore and story of all the games I play (jk not you no man's land) and I'm glad that there's a business for selling merch and gifts for people that are into that world. My The Last Of Us figures give me mad nostalgia.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4483 posts
4875 upvotes
Whitby
sonician wrote: If only EB Games was focusing on games, they wouldn't need $1 sales on the junk they've flooded the stores with.
Walking in there is quite sad. Because they think NO ONE knows about walmart, amazon, digital downloads. :I
Sr. Member
Jun 19, 2006
507 posts
962 upvotes
They have a bunch of collector's editions that were on sale for cheap, for instance the MK11 Kollector's edition for $20 and Days Gone for $30 but sale is a joke since the employees know about the sale ahead of time and pick up the good stuff before anyone else. My gf was there at 9:30am when the store opened and there were 5 people in line ahead of her, all EB games employees on their day off or before their shift, to buy the 2 units they had. The guy at the head of the line was waiting for 1.5 hours. That's bullshit, they shouldn't let employees buy them.
Images
  • Pic1.PNG
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1653 posts
1299 upvotes
St Catharines
spidersan wrote: They have a bunch of collector's editions that were on sale for cheap, for instance the MK11 Kollector's edition for $20 and Days Gone for $30 but sale is a joke since the employees know about the sale ahead of time and pick up the good stuff before anyone else. My gf was there at 9:30am when the store opened and there were 5 people in line ahead of her, all EB games employees on their day off or before their shift, to buy the 2 units they had. The guy at the head of the line was waiting for 1.5 hours. That's bullshit, they shouldn't let employees buy them.
I'm pretty pissed about this, actually.

I was able to reserve MK11 at two different stores (not trying to hoard, just assume that at least 1 of the orders would be cancelled) at around 7am and both orders were cancelled. Emailed the regional manager, who had previously told me that if Collect In Store is enabled for an item, it's valid, and was given some BS about not being able to hold it.

I give this company a ton of business and they just do not care about making regular customers happy.
Sr. Member
Jun 19, 2006
507 posts
962 upvotes
daddyho24 wrote: I'm pretty pissed about this, actually.

I was able to reserve MK11 at two different stores (not trying to hoard, just assume that at least 1 of the orders would be cancelled) at around 7am and both orders were cancelled. Emailed the regional manager, who had previously told me that if Collect In Store is enabled for an item, it's valid, and was given some BS about not being able to hold it.

I give this company a ton of business and they just do not care about making regular customers happy.
I was given the same excuse that on dollar days and $5 Friday last week, saying it's against their policy to hold items on those days. I call bullshit because the item was probably picked up by an employee
Jr. Member
May 6, 2007
146 posts
41 upvotes
Hamilton
normally good stuff are take. by the staff
Newbie
Jul 4, 2019
89 posts
12 upvotes
Regina
I went to my local store, first in line. MK11 was apparently already "on hold". Manager said I should have called at 8:30 to reserve it. Very obviously keeping it for himself. Not a happy camper.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2750 posts
3037 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Just go in store, don't call, i just bought something they said they didn't have (I called 10 minutes earlier) obvious lie is obvious.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 15, 2019
127 posts
231 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Went in right after they opened and they were just started to sort and shelf out the deals...guess I am going back later Neutral Face
Newbie
Oct 20, 2017
16 posts
Went to EBgames last week asking for the Call of Duty collectors edition ($30) and the associate said it was sold out right away. then he tells me he bought it and the x-ray goggles really work...


never going to that store again...
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4336 posts
2741 upvotes
Melinonino wrote: Went to EBgames last week asking for the Call of Duty collectors edition ($30) and the associate said it was sold out right away. then he tells me he bought it and the x-ray goggles really work...


never going to that store again...

lol
entitlement at it's best.
I dont think eb really cares to lose you as a customer as you only come in for clearance items.
Newbie
Jun 15, 2016
38 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
Just Went to store in Abbotsford and guy in front of me just bought the last 2 MK11 CE, they did have a lot of other little stuff there.

Top