• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2018 10:41 am
[OP]
Nov 19, 2017
593 posts
1427 upvotes
Toronto

[EB Games] Minimum $10 Trade Credit August 2nd Only

EB Games is bringing back the minimum $10 trade in credit this Thursday August 2nd only.

Valid on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch games only.

Last time they did this was in May. As usual, likely all old games except some sports titles will be accepted.

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 5.57.07 AM.png
108 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6256 posts
1035 upvotes
Yeah, looks like a mix up by their marketing dept. Hoping it games and not controllers.

Here's the fine print from the OP's image:
Trade it in Thursday.
Get a minimum $10 for XB1, PS4 or Nintendo Switch games traded in!

Run dates: August 2, 2018
In Store only! Offer valid on PS4 XB1 & Switch games only. Offer valid only towards games normally accepted in trade. Games must include original cases and artwork. Cannot be combined with any other trade offer including EDGE. No duplicate titles accepted. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trades are subject to Manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3117 posts
263 upvotes
I've got a few old 360 games I'm going to bring in to see if I can get a couple of bucks for towards a PS4 for my son (I know they don't apply to this deal). I've also got a 3DS with some games I may trade in towards a PS4 as well. Are there any sites that keep a somewhat updated list of updated TIV for games?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
6928 posts
2871 upvotes
So basically EB Games wants all those games you bought from the Source this past month...
Feb 20, 2018
106 posts
103 upvotes
Calgary
movieking wrote:
Jul 31st, 2018 9:40 am
I've got a few old 360 games I'm going to bring in to see if I can get a couple of bucks for towards a PS4 for my son (I know they don't apply to this deal). I've also got a 3DS with some games I may trade in towards a PS4 as well. Are there any sites that keep a somewhat updated list of updated TIV for games?
Honestly you are better off selling the 360 + 3ds/games on Craigslist or Kijiji. EB Games will seriously give you <$1 each for games.

Sell the 360 games on a local marketplace for $5 a pop then at least you'll have the cash.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1070 posts
997 upvotes
Good time to dump the unsellable. I did this last time, got a whole $6 for games like PvZ:GW.
Don't forget to put your trade-in money on an upcoming release, or else they tax it. Go in thinking of what you want to save some time
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3117 posts
263 upvotes
SoroSuub1 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2018 9:53 am
So basically EB Games wants all those games you bought from the Source this past month...
Didn't bother with any Source games but looking at the lists posted when it was happening, what's the best value from what was available?
Dordo3 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2018 9:53 am
Honestly you are better off selling the 360 + 3ds/games on Craigslist or Kijiji. EB Games will seriously give you <$1 each for games.

Sell the 360 games on a local marketplace for $5 a pop then at least you'll have the cash.
Already figured that's what I'd do with the 3DS, but it's such a PITA to deal with most people on those sites I mightn't bother. I'll see.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2139 posts
808 upvotes
Quebec
Any games to buy somewhere for deep cheap to get the best back from ebgames?
Feb 10, 2014
57 posts
32 upvotes
Saint-Eustache, QC
Forgive my ignorance, but games that are like 3-4 years old (i.e. FIFA 14 and such) would be accepted for the trade in and valued at 10$ ?

Thanks
Oct 11, 2005
116 posts
19 upvotes
GTA
movieking wrote:
Jul 31st, 2018 9:40 am
I found this TIV list updated 07/26/2018
https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/Con ... lue-en.pdf
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6256 posts
1035 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote:
Jul 31st, 2018 9:57 am
Don't forget to put your trade-in money on an upcoming release, or else they tax it. Go in thinking of what you want to save some time
I rarely trade in games. Can you explain the tax comment? I'm looking to get GT Sport, so it's not a pre-order.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13993 posts
4161 upvotes
Montreal
ZEMAN84 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2018 10:37 am
Forgive my ignorance, but games that are like 3-4 years old (i.e. FIFA 14 and such) would be accepted for the trade in and valued at 10$ ?
Nope, they killed all Sports and Online/MMO games a long time ago.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13993 posts
4161 upvotes
Montreal
movieking wrote:
Jul 31st, 2018 10:26 am
Already figured that's what I'd do with the 3DS, but it's such a PITA to deal with most people on those sites I mightn't bother. I'll see.
Trust me, it's better than 30-cents from EB.

Might as well toss the games in the garbage and look under the seat cushions in your couch.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Nov 29, 2015
308 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto, ON
so is this trade in credit or trade in for controller?

My bad - looks like the updated the image so it is 10 trade in credit.

Thanks all.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3814 posts
1531 upvotes
Toronto
mark_in_2k wrote:
Jul 31st, 2018 10:48 am
I rarely trade in games. Can you explain the tax comment? I'm looking to get GT Sport, so it's not a pre-order.
As long as it is put towards a purchase or preorder, it gets treated as a credit and reduces the price of the item. The second you put it in an edge or gift card, it converts to cash so you need to pay taxes on whatever you buy.