Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Nights of Azure 2 - $9.99 [Nintendo Switch + PS4]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2018 8:49 am
Tags:
Aug 2, 2018
172 posts
149 upvotes
The gold coins are pretty much useless. I already own enough switch games to buy almost everything that the my nintendo shop offers. (excluding discounts)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3333 upvotes
Canada
Settled for gutted copy ... $10 ... I guess whatever. I hate EB
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2009
1138 posts
63 upvotes
they offered me a gutted copy.
i said no thanks.
they told me its new.
its just opened and everything is the same.
i looked at it.
i left.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1743 posts
1521 upvotes
St Catharines
syunze wrote: The gold coins are pretty much useless. I already own enough switch games to buy almost everything that the my nintendo shop offers. (excluding discounts)
How are they useless? They literally work like cash towards anything you want on the Switch eshop.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
Friendly tip that Nights of Azure 2 came out October 24, 2017, so we have a little over one month to claim those gold coins before they expire.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2663 posts
854 upvotes
Chatham
Batarang wrote: Friendly tip that Nights of Azure 2 came out October 24, 2017, so we have a little over one month to claim those gold coins before they expire.
HOLY COW. This is my 2nd Switch game (don't have a system yet but grabbing games on sale). I just today thought that I must have like a year from activating them for expiry. I had no clue it's one year from date of release.

I just got Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well. Guess I have to activate that by Dec 17th then.

Thank you for this information. BTW, what can we use the gold coins on?
Nov 27, 2014
107 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got the PS4 copy for $9.99. Decent price for what looks like a mediocre game in reviews. But hey it's $10 so I'm willing to try it out.

Not sure why the employee had to open the sealed copy and reassure me it was brand new though. Maybe others before me kept asking to make sure it was new.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1743 posts
1521 upvotes
St Catharines
Tibbs wrote:
Thank you for this information. BTW, what can we use the gold coins on?
You can either redeem them for crap on the MyNintendo site, or towards any content on the Switch eshop.

Each gold coin is worth a penny (no joke) on the eshop. Most $80 retail physical games will give you 80 coins.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1361 posts
209 upvotes
**** gutted copies. Not new at all. Not even near the same thing.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
jeffx wrote: **** gutted copies. Not new at all. Not even near the same thing.
Have they ever been used? No. Have they been played? No. Guess what.... they're new.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
7019 posts
1546 upvotes
Mississauga
Fuing eb sold my copy even though I had it reserved. Idiots.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
3272 posts
387 upvotes
User381785 wrote: Have they ever been used? No. Have they been played? No. Guess what.... they're new.
So having the product taken out of it's original seal + packaging, and then having said packaging be on display for everyone to touch/scruff up/throw around on the shelves while the cartridge/disc can also be taken home by employees to play (not every gutted copy has been used, but it's very possible) is "new"?. Even if the game has never been played, I hate it if my game case is all scuffed up/marked when it's supposed to be purchased as brand new.

The fact that the game is taken out of it's original seal, regardless of whether or not it has been opened/played means it's no longer brand new.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
2256 posts
5023 upvotes
daddyho24 wrote: Got it for Switch and it's...not great. You also only get 77 Gold Coins versus the usual 80 for a full-priced title.

On the plus side, TIV at Best Buy is $30.
Yeah for those who had gutted copies. That's all I was able to find. So I just f it and bought one and will probably trade once I give it a try. I cant stand the whole idea around them opening a new copy for "display" when best buy uses empty cases as a placeholder for sealed copies in the cages. Ive never been a fan of EB and they deserve to make much less than the 70$ if they decide to end the sale.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
2256 posts
5023 upvotes
BlissKira wrote: So having the product taken out of it's original seal + packaging, and then having said packaging be on display for everyone to touch/scruff up/throw around on the shelves while the cartridge/disc can also be taken home by employees to play (not every gutted copy has been used, but it's very possible) is "new"?. Even if the game has never been played, I hate it if my game case is all scuffed up/marked when it's supposed to be purchased as brand new.

The fact that the game is taken out of it's original seal, regardless of whether or not it has been opened/played means it's no longer brand new.
Back when I used to know people who worked at EB (they've all left to much better jobs). They were usually allowed to borrow the games to place. Although its against the policy. They still did and say they cant find the copy if someone asks.
Nov 28, 2013
456 posts
249 upvotes
I can agree to the sentiment about gutted copies. If the PS4 version wasn't sealed I wouldn't have got it.
Feb 25, 2006
413 posts
115 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Got the last switch one in Kelowna this morning. Was lucky as the reservation from Friday had expired when I called in shortly after they opened.
Last edited by Strimkind on Sep 1st, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1743 posts
1521 upvotes
St Catharines
BlissKira wrote: So having the product taken out of it's original seal + packaging, and then having said packaging be on display for everyone to touch/scruff up/throw around on the shelves while the cartridge/disc can also be taken home by employees to play (not every gutted copy has been used, but it's very possible) is "new"?. Even if the game has never been played, I hate it if my game case is all scuffed up/marked when it's supposed to be purchased as brand new.

Agreed.

Also, if I buy a sealed copy of a game and remove the factory wrap, I can no longer return it for a refund, even if I've never left the store or played the game. It's a shameful double standard that they only consider this to be new if they are selling it to you.

Whenever I trade a game at EB, I swap the game I'm trading into a shitty case I've gotten from a gutted copy.

Full disclosure...I bought 2 gutted copies of this garbage game between 2 EB locations, redeemed the coins and went straight to Best Buy to trade them in. Sorry to anyone in the Niagara region that actually wanted this game, but I did you a favor. Friends don't let strangers play the Switch version of Nights of Azure 2.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
User381785 wrote: Have they ever been used? No. Have they been played? No. Guess what.... they're new.
Found the Kijiji user that labels his used games as "brand new", "only used once or twice".
Nov 28, 2013
456 posts
249 upvotes
daddyho24 wrote: Agreed.

Also, if I buy a sealed copy of a game and remove the factory wrap, I can no longer return it for a refund, even if I've never left the store or played the game. It's a shameful double standard that they only consider this to be new if they are selling it to you.

Whenever I trade a game at EB, I swap the game I'm trading into a shitty case I've gotten from a gutted copy.

Full disclosure...I bought 2 gutted copies of this garbage game between 2 EB locations, redeemed the coins and went straight to Best Buy to trade them in. Sorry to anyone in the Niagara region that actually wanted this game, but I did you a favor. Friends don't let strangers play the Switch version of Nights of Azure 2.
Okay. I laughed out loud at that one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)