Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Nintendo Switch games: Luigi's Mansion, Link's Awakening, Super Mario Odyssey, and more $54.99

Sep 20, 2015
256 posts
175 upvotes
The cows are everywh…
I literally just bought a secondhand switch today, probably a stupid question but currently on mobile and not able to do too much digging right now.

I see that there's a Nintendo store, that I could download games digitally. Is this the same if I were to purchase a digital download from EB games? Do I go on to the website from the switch console, and download digitally from there?
signature removed for being inappropriate
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1546 posts
1439 upvotes
Boomhauerr wrote: I literally just bought a secondhand switch today, probably a stupid question but currently on mobile and not able to do too much digging right now.

I see that there's a Nintendo store, that I could download games digitally. Is this the same if I were to purchase a digital download from EB games? Do I go on to the website from the switch console, and download digitally from there?
Yup. The one at EB just gives you a code to redeem on the Nintendo eShop.

The added benefit (if it's still there) is that EB digital games don't add tax so it may be cheaper too.
Nov 5, 2015
265 posts
264 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Good deal for Nintendo first party games !

Highly recommend Luigi.

Since GME and AMC mania, i've been ditching Amazon for EB/Gamestop lol ! Hodling & buying (games)
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates? 💡 ❗
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1333 posts
3421 upvotes
dragsther2 wrote: Good deal for Nintendo first party games !

Highly recommend Luigi.

Since GME and AMC mania, i've been ditching Amazon for EB/Gamestop lol ! Hodling & buying (games)
This is the way.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
5787 posts
5143 upvotes
Toronto
input wrote: It looks like Amazon has matched the price of these games.

I was given a $50 gift card to The Source, so I'm hoping I can price match EB Games with them at get it at that price.
How do you price match on Amazon?
[AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO WIFI | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz |RTX 3060ti FE | Samsung EVO960 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB | Phanteks P300]
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8898661390.png
Feedbacks:
RFD Ebay HoFo Heatware
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3741 posts
3508 upvotes
Boomhauerr wrote: I literally just bought a secondhand switch today, probably a stupid question but currently on mobile and not able to do too much digging right now.

A couple things that might be useful:

1. Check out the group buys section on RFD and see if you can join a Switch Online family group if you want to play the older, retro games on there. Can usually find a year for $4 if people aren't marking it up.

2. Look into buying games from the Argentina or Mexico eshop as they're MASSIVELY discounted there and they email you a code to redeem the game without any region restrictions.

3. ALWAYS buy first-party Nintendo games in physical format if you want to sell them later. Even 5 years later, you can still get $60-65 for Mario/Zelda/etc games on Kijiji/Marketplace.
Mar 30, 2008
426 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
Both versions of Mario Kart Live are on sale for $100 at Best Buy.

Personally, I played it less than 5 times and sold it after a month.
Apr 5, 2005
350 posts
521 upvotes
HELL
orbitdesign wrote: A couple things that might be useful:

1. Check out the group buys section on RFD and see if you can join a Switch Online family group if you want to play the older, retro games on there. Can usually find a year for $4 if people aren't marking it up.

2. Look into buying games from the Argentina or Mexico eshop as they're MASSIVELY discounted there and they email you a code to redeem the game without any region restrictions.

3. ALWAYS buy first-party Nintendo games in physical format if you want to sell them later. Even 5 years later, you can still get $60-65 for Mario/Zelda/etc games on Kijiji/Marketplace.
Argentina and Mexico eshops now shove in so much tax that it kills the deal.
Dec 20, 2010
629 posts
631 upvotes
maritrunks wrote: How do you price match on Amazon?
You don't, they do automatically. So if you don't see it they haven't.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, good find

Luigi Mansion 3 is a blast, copped Odyssey