Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Persona 5 (PS4) - $24.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2019 4:46 am
Feb 14, 2004
250 posts
49 upvotes
North York
If you're going to jump in - which I recommend if you like RPG'S - set aside lots of time. It took me 136 hours to finish.

I don't regret it. I actually miss the game.
Dec 26, 2012
459 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
I had never played a JRPG before until I bought this digitally some time ago.

The hype around this game was massive, but I cannot for the life of me understand why?

I was 12-15 hours in and got nowhere. From what I read, the 'intro' is around 20 hours?

Anyways, this game wasn't for me. Again, not sure what all of the hype was about.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3552 posts
1198 upvotes
oakley0023 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 11:56 pm
I had never played a JRPG before until I bought this digitally some time ago.

The hype around this game was massive, but I cannot for the life of me understand why?

I was 12-15 hours in and got nowhere. From what I read, the 'intro' is around 20 hours?

Anyways, this game wasn't for me. Again, not sure what all of the hype was about.
The game is about the story, the relationships, time management and fantastic systems in place for a turn-based JRPG.

If you're not a fan of the grind, I think a lot of us would understand. I would suggest turning the game down to easy mode so that the dungeon running isn't as tedious and just play through the story. You might get a little more enjoyment that route.

That said, the game demands a crazy time commitment. I loved it through the 75+ hour playthrough but absolutely understand why a game like this would be either too overwhelming or just wouldn't click with some. It is an evolution of an JRPG...but in the end, it's still an JRPG.
Jan 1, 2010
325 posts
304 upvotes
Well, they announced Persona 5 R. Looks like it might be releasing at the end of March.

Makes sense why they lowered the price on this.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13073 posts
3710 upvotes
Toronto
PIcked up a used copy for $20 at EB Games. Been playing for 2-3 hours. The intro is very slow and I wouldn't recommend this as a first RPG to newbies. Seems good so far though.
May 30, 2016
136 posts
168 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Can I have a persona remake on the switch please so I can play on the subway?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1492 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op picked it up. Def slow intro, however I also watched the 1st few eps of the anime so that's prob why it feels this way as I essentially know the plot.
5∞ Flickr

Fashion hurts pussyboi
Nov 25, 2015
76 posts
30 upvotes
Calgary
razorblade2099 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 11:11 am
Can I have a persona remake on the switch please so I can play on the subway?
Get a cheap used Vita and poof Persona 4 Golden is at your disposal. :)