• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2017 9:39 am
[OP]
Dec 10, 2015
2 posts
19 upvotes
Montr

[EB Games] PS VR $200

At the Eaton Centre, PlayStation employees hand out $100 off coupons on any PS VR after trying out one of the VRs on display. Since the PS VR is currently on sale with a $100 off, you can knock another $100 off with the coupon. In total, the PS VR costs $200+tx!
The deal is good until October 12th and the coupon expires on October 31st.
Happy Hunting!
207 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1073 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
Are they there right now if so I’m heading there asap!!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
1623 posts
1095 upvotes
Calgary
Location is new, but there are 2 threads about the coupon and deal already :)
May 20, 2017
3 posts
4 upvotes
Just beware that there is a new hardware revision being launched soon.
There are no many big differences but one really important (at least for me) is that the actual PSVR lacks proper HDMI 2.0 passthrough: when using a 4K TV, the PSVR box doesn't support HDR so if you're using a PS4 Pro specifically, you will loose HDR. The only way to make it work is to plug the console straight to the TV when not using the VR unit.
This may not be big deal for some but it is a little annoying for others.
Jan 12, 2015
203 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shoot, I bought a used one at about $380+tax because of a 15% off coupon and I have not even opened it.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1073 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
is It at the Sony Store or at EB???? The op is not clear
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1079 posts
55 upvotes
Wonder if they are still there....would definitely go later today
Oct 14, 2013
491 posts
443 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Can we have a picture of this coupon? In order to have a Sku that needs to be entered.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2009
1073 posts
87 upvotes
Bolton
FulltimeIT wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 10:21 am
Wonder if they are still there....would definitely go later today
Been called by all freaking morning both inside and outside the mall! I’m waiting to get through there is a photo of the receipt in the other thread but just the front
Jun 4, 2009
100 posts
36 upvotes
Laval
sRSmith1989 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 10:29 am
Can we have a picture of this coupon? In order to have a Sku that needs to be entered.
I did post a picture on another thread but it won't help you since it's written on it that you need the physical coupon. And Ebgames being what they are, they will try anything not to give you the extra 100$ off. I got it this week-end for 200$ but the guy working there made me feel like I was stealing from him personally. I'll never understand that...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5547 posts
445 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
erichsouza wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 9:38 am
Just beware that there is a new hardware revision being launched soon.
There are no many big differences but one really important (at least for me) is that the actual PSVR lacks proper HDMI 2.0 passthrough: when using a 4K TV, the PSVR box doesn't support HDR so if you're using a PS4 Pro specifically, you will loose HDR. The only way to make it work is to plug the console straight to the TV when not using the VR unit.
This may not be big deal for some but it is a little annoying for others.
The new unit also has a few improvements as well: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/10 ... imate-faq/

The biggest update is the breakout box though. I am kinda pissed that they don't bother with having an upgrade path for existing PSVR owners that needs the HDR pass-through.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Apr 12, 2007
113 posts
22 upvotes
Yeah I dont care about HDR or the integrated headphones. If it was better screen resolution then it would be worth the wait...maybe.
Picked up the coupon down in Calgary on the weekend. Plan on purchasing it today.
Silly you have to find out where they are having the demos in order to get a coupon. Lucky for me they had a demo at Chinook mall in Calgary.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8994 posts
1507 upvotes
I have never shown a real interest in the PSVR, but at this price, may be a go. I am confused, when people talk about the playthrough etc, isn't the display inside the headset? Or can you you play on the bigscreen too and if so, how does that look? Sorry for the questions, but the VR game world is foreign to me at this point. I looked at Sony's site showing the connections, etc. but is this headset essentially wireless or are you still tethered to the system or a controller connected to the system somehow?
TIA
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.