• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2018 2:26 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17804 posts
869 upvotes
I have a seriously ancient PS4, like probably the first one ever made. I don't recall ever having to replace it although it doesn't see a ton of use.

Is this elgible?

I don't have any receipts or anything anymore
Deal Addict
May 15, 2005
1174 posts
82 upvotes
You dont need receipts for a trade in. Just the console, controller and corresponding wires (power, usb, sometimes HDMI). And the console should be in good working order in case they test before trading
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8588 posts
1655 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Can I trade my slim with an original PS4 controller? Not the one the new one, It's also blue if it makes any difference.
Last edited by Daijoubu on May 1st, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 12, 2014
227 posts
109 upvotes
Montréal, QC
in Quebec, Elders get 20% rebates + 10k pts for Mai 3rd only... go ask your grandfather for his pts card or something xD
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1150 posts
681 upvotes
St Catharines
Daijoubu wrote:
May 1st, 2018 12:24 pm
Can I trade my slim with an original PS4 controller? Not the one the new one, It's also blue if it makes any difference.
Yes.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2030 posts
2032 upvotes
Living the dream
Spaceballs wrote:
May 1st, 2018 12:26 pm
in Quebec, Elders get 20% rebates + 10k pts for Mai 3rd only... go ask your grandfather for his pts card or something xD
Nice, I guess I'll also trade in my Elder Scrolls.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1150 posts
681 upvotes
St Catharines
a16107 wrote:
May 1st, 2018 10:58 am
Can i trade in xbox one s
Sure, but you likely won’t get $250 in trade value.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8415 posts
1116 upvotes
Victoria
I did this when the PS4 first came out. I think the trade in offer then was $210(ish)? I probably could of gotten a little more had I sold my ps4 and purchased the ps4 pro, but EB made it easy to do, and made upgrading to a PRO affordable. Other than trying to upsell you during the entire conversation, it was pretty painless. I'd recommend it anyone, and would do it again if we ever saw another mid-cycle console upgrade.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
2813 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto
duckdown wrote:
May 1st, 2018 12:17 pm
I have a seriously ancient PS4, like probably the first one ever made. I don't recall ever having to replace it although it doesn't see a ton of use.

Is this elgible?

I don't have any receipts or anything anymore
Yes it is, eb games don't need receipts for when you are trading in something like a game or console. You into need receipts for returns or exchanges
Sep 24, 2014
229 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zod wrote:
May 1st, 2018 12:38 pm
I did this when the PS4 first came out. I think the trade in offer then was $210(ish)? I probably could of gotten a little more had I sold my ps4 and purchased the ps4 pro, but EB made it easy to do, and made upgrading to a PRO affordable. Other than trying to upsell you during the entire conversation, it was pretty painless. I'd recommend it anyone, and would do it again if we ever saw another mid-cycle console upgrade.
And you will get a better trade in value on a PS4 PRO when it comes time to upgrade to a PS5 :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8415 posts
1116 upvotes
Victoria
serioussamwich wrote:
May 1st, 2018 2:46 pm
And you will get a better trade in value on a PS4 PRO when it comes time to upgrade to a PS5 :)
I think the other benefit is that EB doesn't charge you tax on the trade in value. IE if you sold your ps4, then you'd have to buy your ps4 pro for $450 or whatever and you pay sales tax on the whole $400. If you use them to trade in, they only charge you tax on the net, so you also save a little more by reducing your tax cost. PST/GST/HST on $250 instead of $450.
Feb 25, 2006
95 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Traded in my day 1 ps4. Used it a lot and was happy about this deal. Picked up a white ps4 pro. Thanks OP
May 21, 2014
25 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton, AB
kiricabana wrote:
May 1st, 2018 5:00 pm
Traded in my day 1 ps4. Used it a lot and was happy about this deal. Picked up a white ps4 pro. Thanks OP
How much credit did you get for your Day1 PS4?
Feb 25, 2006
95 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
arcknight wrote:
May 1st, 2018 5:11 pm
How much credit did you get for your Day1 PS4?
I got the full value that was offered $249.99
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5106 posts
1167 upvotes
NightRain wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 7:24 am
It's so funny... during the first two years of this generation the BIGGEST complaint of the PS4 was the lack of exclusives. Killzone, Knack, etc were disappointing and then they had a major dry spell. Then two years ago PS4 started getting great exclusives like Horizon and God of War.

During the first two years the Xbox exclusives were better, Forza, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Ori, etc were all great games. Even games like Ryse, Titanfall, and Dead Rising 3 were better than most PS4 exclusives in the first couple of years of this generation.

Now looking at the past couple of years the PS4 surely seems to be doing a lot better. But games like Gears of War 4, Cuphead, Forza Horizon 3, etc still exist and are great games. Even other titles like Super Lucky's Tale, Quantum Break, and Sea of Thieves might not be for everyone but they are still good games.

If you compare the exclusive library and scores for Xbox One and PS4 you'll find them a lot close than you think. The Xbox just lasts a couple really big, high scoring games like Horizon, Last of Us and God of War.

Also 95% of the games are on both consoles.

I remember back in PS3/360 days when third party games usually ran better on 360. Most PS3 fanboys said "graphics and performance don't matter as much as the gameplay expereince" Then PS4 was performing better than Xbox One and they were all like "LOL Xbox 720p, graphics look like crap!"... now that Xbox One X is out and tends to look and run better in almost all third party games PS4 fanboys are like "graphics on console don't matter, if you want graphics get a PC"

Bashing one console over the other is stupid and you should just let people enjoy whatever they want.
Bashing other consoles is uncalled for. But cmon, let's not get carried away here. No one was complaining about a lack of exclusives on PS4 early on. Sony has just been able to release them in higher quantity and quality in the past 2-3 years due to more dev time and the system maturing.

And it's not just games like God of War, Horizon, Uncharted etc., it's even the 'niche' games that have their own followings like Persona 5, Yakuza, MLB, Bloodborne, Nioh, NieR etc. Almost all of Sony's exclusives have went onto be multimillion sellers. It's the diversity that makes the PS4 appealing.

You can see the list of exclusives for both platforms here: https://gematsu.com/exclusives

Games are what sell platforms, and Sony's first-party output is a great compliment to their third-party titles and is what separates them from the competition... their large and diverse software library. That has been the case since the first PS and is why PS sell well worldwide.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)