• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2018 2:26 am
Tags:
None
Dec 25, 2009
281 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
skinnydoggy wrote: Why? The exclusives are... hold on, wait, what exclusives? Are there any?!
Three Words Baby...GOD...OF...WAR...and it is amazing...especially on the Pro in HDR.
Jan 26, 2012
277 posts
477 upvotes
Quebec
TBBA29 wrote: I assume s/he is talking about SDM deals. Either a 20x point event or a 20% off event.

499 x 0.80 = 399.99 (20% off event)

499 x 15 pts = 7,485 pts x 20 = 149,700 ( efffective value is $149.70; $140 redeemable immediately)

Trick appears to be finding stock.
Yes that's what I was talking about. There's always stock at 4 different SDMs for XB1X, Switch and PS4 Pro 15 mins from me.

But I've seen Pros on sale for 400$ at other places more times than I care to remember in the past 6 months.
Mar 15, 2010
935 posts
1339 upvotes
Toronto
wszeto28 wrote: You can get it pretty easily at SDM since the PS4 Pro is not high in demand. They had 20% off with the F&F coupon yesterday with bonus PC Optimum points. You can also bring a senior in on Thursday and purchase it then.
(Drags my old 93 year old grandma and shoves her into store) “Cmon grandma get me a pro!”
Feb 24, 2003
250 posts
7 upvotes
benoittremblay wrote: Yes that's what I was talking about. There's always stock at 4 different SDMs for XB1X, Switch and PS4 Pro 15 mins from me.

But I've seen Pros on sale for 400$ at other places more times than I care to remember in the past 6 months.
Can you share the location and places you seen?
SDM, never has stock when I go and have not seen any PS4 Pro deals for $400 since black friday last year.
Mar 31, 2008
618 posts
276 upvotes
Edmonton
hansy24 wrote: Have there been any "Trade in your PS4 + $100 for a PS4 Slim" offers lately? Is that ongoing?
Not since Black Friday last year. Back then it was trade in plus $100 for a Slim or $200 for the Pro. And you got a dl code of Horizon Zero Dawn.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6652 posts
3636 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
For the people who are getting garbage trade offers on Kijiji & Craigslist, if you aren't setting the rules in your ad, then you are partly to blame as well.

I always add a very clear line in all caps after the price "NO TRADES, CASH ONLY, NO PAYPAL, NO BANK TRANSFERS, ETC."

I even go so far as to have a burner phone with a $25 Speakout top-up on it (which lasts for a year and rolls over with an additional top-up) in order to only deal by text or phone-calls, which eliminates spam emails.

Dealing by phone rather than email, people tend to only contact you if they're a serious buyer, since it takes more effort to call or text rather than just fire off an email with some garbage offer in hopes of bartering back & forth.

That cuts down immensely on the Flakes who are trying to unload their crap for your stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6652 posts
3636 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
tietherope wrote: Need a trade in towards the Xbox One X
skinnydoggy wrote: Why? The exclusives are... hold on, wait, what exclusives? Are there any?!
posttime wrote: Three Words Baby...GOD...OF...WAR...and it is amazing...especially on the Pro in HDR.
Ummmm....if you were following the conversation properly, they were talking about trading in towards an XBox One X.
:facepalm:
Last I checked, PS4 discs don't play on an XBox.
Jan 15, 2010
423 posts
189 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: If you do it this way can you select what to backup? for example only backup the save files and not the hundreds of GB in downloaded game data and apps? does the drive need to be in a specific format?
I did this long time ago. Not sure if my memory is hundred percent correct. I think you can choose to backup saves only. Just plug in any size USB disk, and go to settings and check.
Jan 26, 2012
277 posts
477 upvotes
Quebec
Just yesterday there was a 20% off coupon at SDM good on anything but the usual stuff (lottery, gift cards, stuff already on sale, etc.)

A local store also had them a couple weeks ago.

A month ago I saw a thread about 400$ PS4 Pro on eBay and another time on Newegg.ca. There was also the 20% coupon on eBay. etc.

Like I said if you pay attention you'll see opportunities but for sure SDM is the best place. the 20x points are almost every week. If you have a senior in your life, every thursday you can get 20% off and if not, every now and then they`ll send a coupon like they did yesterday for 20% off that's good for anyone (they call those Friends and Family event)

Just search for a SDM or Pharmaprix in your area that has a decent electronics section and get their app, subscribe to their newsletter and go there often.

You won't regret it.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1175 posts
247 upvotes
No need to dis the Xbox... they have GoW a year early mirite?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6600 posts
2673 upvotes
Canada
Real gamers ride the bone and the pony.
/debate
Feb 16, 2016
20 posts
7 upvotes
do you need to give a controller with the system for the trade in or can i just give my ps4 slim console without the controller.
Dec 18, 2017
16 posts
4 upvotes
My PS4 has the 1TB SSD but I can't find the 500GB that comes with the PS4. Will my PS4 still be eligible for the trade in?