[EB Games] PS4 PRO $249.99 When You Trade In ANY PS4 Console

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2018 2:26 am
Tags:
None
Sep 5, 2017
14 posts
8 upvotes
Grabbed one ps4 pro at Shoppers when there was a 20% event on regular priced merchandise. Note that Shoppers have super limited amounts of PS4's...
Mar 30, 2008
322 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
Dookiesanteria wrote: do you need to give a controller with the system for the trade in or can i just give my ps4 slim console without the controller.
A controller, power cord is a must while HDMI is a YMMV.

If you have a controller you should give it to them anyways, just to get a brand new one back.
Mar 30, 2008
322 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote: If you do it this way can you select what to backup? for example only backup the save files and not the hundreds of GB in downloaded game data and apps? does the drive need to be in a specific format?

I don't pay for PS+ so I'd have to use the drive backup method
Yes, you can select to backup save data only and skip the game data, screen shots, etc. If you have a rare game you can't download anymore like P.T. you can also backup just that game. That way you can even use a USB stick with a few GBs. Also, I think PS4 needs FAT32.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2623 posts
1094 upvotes
, ON
So if I already have PS4 and want a 4K Blu-ray player, is it better to get this deal or just buy a Blu-ray player?
Nov 30, 2012
668 posts
561 upvotes
MONTR
anotherbargainhunter wrote: So if I already have PS4 and want a 4K Blu-ray player, is it better to get this deal or just buy a Blu-ray player?
PS4 PRO does not have a 4k bluray player .....
Mar 26, 2005
423 posts
67 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote: So if I already have PS4 and want a 4K Blu-ray player, is it better to get this deal or just buy a Blu-ray player?
Hmm..ps4 pro does not playback bluray 4k
Deal Guru
Aug 30, 2009
10276 posts
2120 upvotes
Aurora
oh this aswell.. there desperate..
Red & Gold Members will get benefits on Platinum members (10% off all recycled software & accessories)
(Platinum & Onyx members will get bumped 20% off during this time)

Offer Valid: April 27 - May 3

In Store only! Cannot be combined with any other offers excluding EDGE. Quantity may vary by store. Cannot be combined with Employee Discount. Offer subject to change at any time. No substitutions will be made.
signature removed for rule violations
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3857 posts
1741 upvotes
Xbox One S or X
Apr 27, 2011
298 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton
This the same price when they had the deal back in December?
Mar 30, 2008
322 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
Pakito98 wrote: This the same price when they had the deal back in December?
It was $200 because the Pro was on sale for $400. EB also threw in a download code for Horizon Zero Dawn.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4286 posts
1696 upvotes
unimus wrote: It was $200 because the Pro was on sale for $400. EB also threw in a download code for Horizon Zero Dawn.
so that means this isn't a good deal? I'm thinking about trading my slim...

I mean no time machine but still.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14218 posts
4357 upvotes
Montreal
skinnydoggy wrote: I hate dealing with people on Kijiji. No I will not sell you my ps4 for an old car subwoofer and forty bucks.
Mine would be more like: No I will not sell you my PS4 for the old dead laptop I just dropped off at Best Buy recycling.

For those not in know, BB Recycling = Straight to Kijiji.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14218 posts
4357 upvotes
Montreal
unimus wrote: Also, I think PS4 needs FAT32.
That's a joke right?

Edit: Just looked it up and the PS4 supports exFAT, which is essentially NTFS for flash/portable drives.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Oct 22, 2011
14 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
I called to ask about the details, here's what I got:

The promotion starts Friday (obviously, in case anyone din't notice, like me)
$249.99 is the price you pay when you trade in a 1 TB version PS4 original/slim. If you have a standard 500g one, the price will be $299.99.
And the tax is calculated on the original price of pro ($499.99), not the difference.