Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

PS4 and XB controller trade event

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2021 5:12 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2198 posts
933 upvotes
Toronto
My experience is they never ask for the charging cable or test the controller. But as always with EB Games YMMV.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12253 posts
6050 upvotes
I dont do trade ins but when i was there one day a guy was trading in 2 ps4 controls and the cashier asked if there were any issues he said probably not i found them at a yard sale.She said ok they work lol and that was that.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Nov 5, 2010
306 posts
41 upvotes
The rubber grip on the left thumbstick of my controller is ripped and peeling, will they take it? Also the battery life is quite poor now, it's a launch PS4 controller.
Nov 11, 2018
170 posts
304 upvotes
Is this only trade and upgrade? Or do they give $30 cash for ea. Controller?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15128 upvotes
xTurboZx wrote: Is this only trade and upgrade? Or do they give $30 cash for ea. Controller?
I'm pretty sure it's only store credit. In the US you can get cash I believe but it's offered at less than they give you if you got in-store credit. However I think what you can do in Canada is use the in-store credit to buy pre-paid Visa/MC cards and get something "spendable elsewhere" like that.

That said, pretty sure you can also easily get $30+ for a good condition controller on kijiji, etc. so there's always that.
Sep 2, 2016
932 posts
617 upvotes
I recently traded in a PS4 DualShock. Didn’t bring any cables, they just looked at the controller and said good to go
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1384 posts
2120 upvotes
Hammonds
EvilMonkey25 wrote: X1 only with 3.5mm :(
The initial Xbox one launch was trash. Junk worthless non 3.5mm controller and a $100 forced buy camera that abruptly stopped functioning as advertised (no more games)
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4724 posts
444 upvotes
Milton
Thanks OP! Traded a couple of XB1 controllers in and got one of the new S|X ones.

I actually ended up grabbing the Xbox Wireless Controller (2020) with USB-C Cable instead of the standard Carbon Black edition. Both controllers look the same.

Does anyone know if there's an actual difference between this one and any of the other ones that don't come with a USB-C cable? They're the same price yet one comes with a USB-C cable and the other ones don't so I'm curious as to why that is the case.
RFD BST Feedback [107 - 0 - 0] | Heatware [72 - 0 - 0]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11833 posts
9675 upvotes
Toronto
EvilMonkey25 wrote: X1 only with 3.5mm :(
Yeah big thing is the non 3.5 didn't have BT, so much less flexible to use with other devices
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3762 posts
1079 upvotes
Toronto
Dark-Colonel wrote: Thanks OP! Traded a couple of XB1 controllers in and got one of the new S|X ones.

I actually ended up grabbing the Xbox Wireless Controller (2020) with USB-C Cable instead of the standard Carbon Black edition. Both controllers look the same.

Does anyone know if there's an actual difference between this one and any of the other ones that don't come with a USB-C cable? They're the same price yet one comes with a USB-C cable and the other ones don't so I'm curious as to why that is the case.
The one with the USB c cable is marketed as being for PC.

But it's the same controller just the cable makes it easier to us on the PC.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1840 posts
2134 upvotes
Each
xTurboZx wrote: Is this only trade and upgrade? Or do they give $30 cash for ea. Controller?