Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Tales of Vesperia: DE $34.99 and One Piece: World Seeker $59.99 today only

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2019 3:39 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
1496 posts
1009 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

[EB Games] Tales of Vesperia: DE $34.99 and One Piece: World Seeker $59.99 today only

EB was advertising this on Twitter, it's today only.

Tales of Vesperia: DE is $34.99 for all systems. One Piece: World Seeker is $59.99.

You can price match either at Best Buy (Except the Switch version of ToV, which is also $34.99 there), but note Tales of Vesperia is only $49.99 at Best Buy regular so your price beat is only another $1.50 off.

I believe this is the cheapest either game has been physical. Vesperia's cheapest price on PSN is still $45, but One Piece has been $56.
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5434 posts
1290 upvotes
Scarborough
Haven't done my research on this game - How does it compare to other JRPGs on the switch?
Jan 24, 2010
55 posts
25 upvotes
Winnipeg
SkimGuy wrote:
May 18th, 2019 11:15 am
Haven't done my research on this game - How does it compare to other JRPGs on the switch?
If you're talking about Tales of Vesperia, then there's a few things to note:
1) It's an action RPG (not turn-based) so that differentiates it from many JRPGs.
2) It's widely considered to be the best in its series (the series are almost all standalone, so no worries about missing anything)
3) I'd say its biggest selling point is its cast of characters and their interactions with each other. Many people love the main protagonist, Yuri. My personal favourite is the mage, Rita.
4) It's a pretty long game with tons of missable sidequests so if you get it and you're a completionist use this guide for the sidequests/subevents: https://ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry ... 92825.html [note that the guide refers to stuff specific to the "PS3 Version." The Switch version is a port of the PS3 version which itself is an enhanched version of the original XBOX 360 game that added lots of extras)

I've played it 3 times now so if you have any specific questions let me know.
Dec 8, 2002
268 posts
183 upvotes
Edmonton
ARGH I JUST BOUGHT THIS FOR $50 (ToV) ON AMAZON (for Switch) but I'm too lazy to do the whole return thing.

I'm playing it right now and I love it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5434 posts
1290 upvotes
Scarborough
KittyFields wrote:
May 18th, 2019 12:00 pm
If you're talking about Tales of Vesperia, then there's a few things to note:
1) It's an action RPG (not turn-based) so that differentiates it from many JRPGs.
2) It's widely considered to be the best in its series (the series are almost all standalone, so no worries about missing anything)
3) I'd say its biggest selling point is its cast of characters and their interactions with each other. Many people love the main protagonist, Yuri. My personal favourite is the mage, Rita.
4) It's a pretty long game with tons of missable sidequests so if you get it and you're a completionist use this guide for the sidequests/subevents: https://ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry ... 92825.html [note that the guide refers to stuff specific to the "PS3 Version." The Switch version is a port of the PS3 version which itself is an enhanched version of the original XBOX 360 game that added lots of extras)

I've played it 3 times now so if you have any specific questions let me know.
Right now I've been playing XC2 and having a bunch of fun, so I'm guessing it'll be similar in some ways? I don't like missables so I would probably have to use that guide from the beginning haha
May 17, 2013
215 posts
126 upvotes
GWN
Amazon just price matched the PS4 version which is a good thing because I can't buy online from EB Games since every transaction fails on their website whether I am using a credit card or paypal.

As for the Switch version it hasn't dropped....yet
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19055 posts
4154 upvotes
Thornhill
Judith best Kritya Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes

I've never played any Tales game but I quite enjoyed Vesperia. I'm trying to decide what to play next, Valkyrie Chronicles 4 or Dragon Quest 11....
Dec 20, 2012
174 posts
77 upvotes
Surrey
One Piece is Garbage. Tales of Vesperia might be interesting though.
Nov 2, 2010
281 posts
50 upvotes
I’m more of a turn based RPG player so my wallet is safe for now.
Dec 27, 2005
694 posts
7 upvotes
Amazon.ca also as the Switch version for $34.99. Just click on "other sellers" and choose amazon.ca.
Ships in 2-4 weeks.

Civ6 for $39.99 by amazon.ca. Ships in 1-2 months.
Apr 5, 2005
211 posts
215 upvotes
Dartmouth
Grabbed the PS4 version at EBgames. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
2740 posts
451 upvotes
BC
FYI the switch version doesn't support surround audio even docked. Xbox version capped at 30 FPS on the world map. PS4 is the way to go if you care about either of these.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1201 posts
255 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote:
May 18th, 2019 12:19 pm
Right now I've been playing XC2 and having a bunch of fun, so I'm guessing it'll be similar in some ways? I don't like missables so I would probably have to use that guide from the beginning haha
I could never get into xc2. Something about the combat didn't appeal to me too much.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3005 posts
2624 upvotes
Ottawa
Vesperia is probably the best Tales game. One of the few I'm missing too. Checks all of my boxes, but I think it'll go on sale for $20-$25 by end of year.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.